Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Goltz is in:Buck is out!

Well it was mixed up in the Hawkins news.... But it finally happened, Buck is out as starter. Wonder what the injury was that was the final straw. We could hold out one of our QBs for a good trade.... If the Bombers had anyone we wanted.
    Anyone with good Goltz comments or humour?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Well it was mixed up in the Hawkins news.... But it finally happened, Buck is out as starter. Wonder what the injury was that was the final straw. We could hold out one of our QBs for a good trade.... If the Bombers had anyone we wanted.
    The final straw was the realization that Buck is an average to above-average QB when healthy which is only about half of the time. That just won't get it done if you want to compete for a Grey Cup on a regular basis.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post

Humour, huh?

Well, I'm usually better at humour when I've been drinking more, but I'm working tomorrow....

--- The Blue and Goltz are on the field ... first and Goltz to go, on the 9 yard line....

--- Meanwhile, the sheep and goltz are chewing their way into the suburbs of Winnipeg; municipal authorities expect to use the impending paved concrete as a natural break-wall, hoping to avert another downtown disaster, and of course the mosquito population has also been commandeered, to act as another line of defense. Not that anyone really cares ... it's only Winnipeg....

--- Nevertheless, Winnipeg City Council has shipped out all Scottish and Irish (but not German) shepherds, as a precaution....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Buck claims to be healthy and I believe him. Finally his days as a starting CFL qb appear to be over.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    As Ravi points out, even healthy, Pierce was not a very good QB. No reason not to take a look and see what you have with Goltz.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Humour, huh?

Well, I'm usually better at humour when I've been drinking more, but I'm working tomorrow....

--- The Blue and Goltz are on the field ... first and Goltz to go, on the 9 yard line....

--- Meanwhile, the sheep and goltz are chewing their way into the suburbs of Winnipeg; municipal authorities expect to use the impending paved concrete as a natural break-wall, hoping to avert another downtown disaster, and of course the mosquito population has also been commandeered, to act as another line of defense. Not that anyone really cares ... it's only Winnipeg....

--- Nevertheless, Winnipeg City Council has shipped out all Scottish and Irish (but not German) shepherds, as a precaution....
    They'll get their butts kicked by the arrrrrrrrgoltz.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I understand saying that Goltz will get to start the next few games but to declare him the starter for the remainder of the season seems foolish to me. I still expect them to go pack to Pierce, mainly because they will have no choice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I understand saying that Goltz will get to start the next few games but to declare him the starter for the remainder of the season seems foolish to me. I still expect them to go pack to Pierce, mainly because they will have no choice.
    You may be right in declaring Goltz as starter for only a few games, but I wonder if declaring him the starter for the season appeases the fans and the Board of Directors.