Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Canada could support 9 NHL teams ?

From our good friends over at The Canadian Press and Tsn.ca
    TORONTO -- A new report released by the Conference Board of Canada says the country could support up to nine NHL teams.

Quebec City and Hamilton are the most suitable cities for the league to look at for expansion, according to the report.

The Conference Board of Canada used four "pillars" in its analysis -- population size, market wealth, corporate presence and the level playing field created by a Canadian dollar that is at par with its U.S. counterpart.

It found that "getting and keeping" a second team in Toronto would be difficult.

There are currently seven Canadian teams in the NHL after the Atlanta Thrashers moved to Winnipeg and became the Jets prior to this season.

Recent reports have named Quebec City as a potential landing place for the Phoenix Coyotes, who are being run by the league for a third season.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't like the idea of expansion, but I like the idea of more teams in Canada. It's mind-boggling that a team still exists in Phoenix. Who are these anonymous people wanting to buy and keep the team there? I guess that's the reason they're anonymous. That or they don't exist.