Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Most QB's can throw 70 yards, even Flutie. Can Tebow throw that far? That is all he needs. Even when Flutie looked like he lost some distance, he always had that zip too the ball. This was especially apparent in his NFL days. He would really hit the receiver with a "pop" sound. Does Tebow have no "pop" to his ball? Ricky Ray doesn't have much of this quality and he is successful. Of course, RR is laser accurate and as AngeloV says, that might be the real problem with Tebow. Another thing that puzzles me is that, how can Tebow have no arm strength? His arms are huge! If true, his technique must be horrible, but how do you become a pro QB with that?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Most QB's can throw 70 yards, even Flutie. Can Tebow throw that far? That is all he needs. Even when Flutie looked like he lost some distance, he always had that zip too the ball. This was especially apparent in his NFL days. He would really hit the receiver with a "pop" sound. Does Tebow have no "pop" to his ball? Ricky Ray doesn't have much of this quality and he is successful. Of course, RR is laser accurate and as AngeloV says, that might be the real problem with Tebow. Another thing that puzzles me is that, how can Tebow have no arm strength? His arms are huge! If true, his technique must be horrible, but how do you become a pro QB with that?
    I honestly don't think that most QB's can throw 70 yards (close, but not quite) Fultie's Boston College hail mary pass went 65 yards and he was able to take a run up of about 5 yards before releasing the ball. QB's only get that type of luxury on hail mary type plays. I think your looking at maybe 50% of all pro QB's that can throw 70 yards from a typical throwing position in a game situation.

I think Tebow might max out at 55, but it's not distance that really matters. It's quickness of release and how fast the ball can get to the target area that matters as far as arm strength is concerned.

I don't think Ricky Ray can throw much more than 55-60, but it doesn't matter. He is so good at reading the D, and is so accurate, arm strength is not an issue for him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    montreal can have this guy! GO COLLY!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo-Les View Post
    montreal can have this guy! GO COLLY!
    . Bingo! Speaking of QBs, HEnry BUrris just walked by me at terminal 1 @ Pearson. NIce guy , I see why they call him smilin HAnk.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    . Bingo! Speaking of QBs, HEnry BUrris just walked by me at terminal 1 @ Pearson. NIce guy , I see why they call him smilin HAnk.
    Met Burris last year at a Ticat open practice last year that I took my sons to, he is a classy guy for sure, very gracious with the kids!!!