Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level

Tim Tebow Cut By Patriots

I know that there is an NFL cuts thread in the other subsection but i thought ill start his own thread.
    Anyway, Tebow was cut from their 53 men cut. I don't recall who has his rights but i'm pretty sure someone has it.

What do you guys think the chances of him coming to the CFL? He obviously wants to play...
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ase-tim-tebow/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Montreal owns his CFL rights. If he wants to give it a try, I am sure that Popp would have him. Can he succeed at this level?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I sort of see this situation paralleling the Doug Flutie situation in his first stint in the NFL. Great college career, then in the NFL he was too this, not enough that, to all the so-called experts, and was let go by the Pats. If I recall, Flutie had a pretty good career in the CFL.

But I'm only parelling the situation. I don't think Tebow will be as successful up here as Flutie, but I think with his mobility, he has a chance of being at least decent. With this probably being AC's last year, I think both the Als and TT, don't have much to lose by trying each other out.

New Fan
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points

Level
    hey,
    I'm new here, this is my first post but I think Tebow would be great for the CFL. The Als should be scrambling to get his services. Tebow can only bring good to the CFL, when was the last time we've had a football player with this kind of following on either side of the border? For some reason people are just drawn to this guy, he's a huge draw. That's why I don't understand why NFL team's don't give him a shot. What do the Patriots have to lose by having him as a third string QB and putting him in for some short yardage plays now and then? I think sometimes everyone get's way too caught up in the stats and the x's and o's rather than the entertainment value. In terms of marketing, Tebow is up there with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. It would be awesome if he came to the CFL, imagine the crowd at the Rogers Centre if Tebow were a possible opponent. We love our short yardage guys here in Canada so he would have the potential to see a fair amount of action. I really hope we can get him up to Canada.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Tebow would be a great FB/TE with some direct snaps or wildcat options thrown in. But I imagine he has already turned down those type of suggestions from NFL people. Could he succeed in the CFL at QB? His passing is questionable that's for sure. Some players just have a knack for getting the job done even if they don't score high in the tests they do nowadays. You never know until you play the games that count. He would be a good draw for a while, and then if he didn't perform it would quickly grow old. If Trestman had stayed in Montreal I think he would have given Tebow a chance, Popp doesn't seem as eager to try.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It's a double edged sword for Tebow. On one hand, if he does well, it could be a short drive back to the NFL. If he doesn't, his pro career could be over in a heart beat.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    According to Warren Moon , Tebow does not have the arm for the CFL. I am inclined to agree and I don't think he would come up to be anything but a starter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    It's a double edged sword for Tebow. On one hand, if he does well, it could be a short drive back to the NFL. If he doesn't, his pro career could be over in a heart beat.
    How is that a double edged sword for anyone?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    According to Warren Moon , Tebow does not have the arm for the CFL. I am inclined to agree and I don't think he would come up to be anything but a starter.
    Michael Bishop had way more than enough arm strength to make it in any league, but never really made it anywhere. Arm strength, while important, is but only one attribute of a QB. Does he really have less arm strength than Doug Flutie had, just for example.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Michael Bishop had way more than enough arm strength to make it in any league, but never really made it anywhere. Arm strength, while important, is but only one attribute of a QB. Does he really have less arm strength than Doug Flutie had, just for example.
    Pretty important attribute. I think Mr. Moon knows of what he speaks. You are kind of arguing a different poin twith Bishop. You are saying a strong arm will not guarantee success in the CFL where Warren Moon was saying his weak throwing arm will guarantee he will be a failure in the CFL. In reality nobody can guarantee anything but I would lean towards him coming up short and certainly could not imagine him lighting it up. MTL should give him a shot , lets see what transpires. Tebow failing immediately while having 1 decent season in the NFL should provide fuel for the CFL fans in the all too certain internet cfl/nfl troll wars that will follow.
    Last edited by LLB997; 09-01-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Pretty important attribute. I think Mr. Moon knows of what he speaks. You are kind of arguing a different poin twith Bishop. You are saying a strong arm will not guarantee success in the CFL where Warren Moon was saying his weak throwing arm will guarantee he will be a failure in the CFL. In reality nobody can guarantee anything but I would lean towards him coming up short and certainly could not imagine him lighting it up. MTL should give him a shot , lets see what transpires. Tebow failing immediately while having 1 decent season in the NFL should provide fuel for the CFL fans in the all too certain internet cfl/nfl troll wars that will follow.
    It's an important attribute, but are you saying all CFL QBs have a better arm than Tebow's? But then when has a strong arm been a more important attribute than mobility in the CFL? Mobility has always been the key, and Tebow has that in spades. Do you really think his arm strength negates his mobility?

As far as fuel for the troll wars, who cares, I would rather see him make it up here, than to feed the trolls.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It is for him, he may lose more by trying it in the CFL than maybe sticking as a backup somewhere in the NFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't know...I was in his corner in the past, but I watched him play this past week. Some of the balls he threw were no where near his receivers. Arm strength is an issue, but I think accuracy, or lack there of, is the real issue.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Most QB's can throw 70 yards, even Flutie. Can Tebow throw that far? That is all he needs. Even when Flutie looked like he lost some distance, he always had that zip too the ball. This was especially apparent in his NFL days. He would really hit the receiver with a "pop" sound. Does Tebow have no "pop" to his ball? Ricky Ray doesn't have much of this quality and he is successful. Of course, RR is laser accurate and as AngeloV says, that might be the real problem with Tebow. Another thing that puzzles me is that, how can Tebow have no arm strength? His arms are huge! If true, his technique must be horrible, but how do you become a pro QB with that?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Most QB's can throw 70 yards, even Flutie. Can Tebow throw that far? That is all he needs. Even when Flutie looked like he lost some distance, he always had that zip too the ball. This was especially apparent in his NFL days. He would really hit the receiver with a "pop" sound. Does Tebow have no "pop" to his ball? Ricky Ray doesn't have much of this quality and he is successful. Of course, RR is laser accurate and as AngeloV says, that might be the real problem with Tebow. Another thing that puzzles me is that, how can Tebow have no arm strength? His arms are huge! If true, his technique must be horrible, but how do you become a pro QB with that?
    I honestly don't think that most QB's can throw 70 yards (close, but not quite) Fultie's Boston College hail mary pass went 65 yards and he was able to take a run up of about 5 yards before releasing the ball. QB's only get that type of luxury on hail mary type plays. I think your looking at maybe 50% of all pro QB's that can throw 70 yards from a typical throwing position in a game situation.

I think Tebow might max out at 55, but it's not distance that really matters. It's quickness of release and how fast the ball can get to the target area that matters as far as arm strength is concerned.

I don't think Ricky Ray can throw much more than 55-60, but it doesn't matter. He is so good at reading the D, and is so accurate, arm strength is not an issue for him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    montreal can have this guy! GO COLLY!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Tebow has an awkward left handed throw, i think he has the power just no accuracy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    One edge just happened to be dull.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo-Les View Post
    montreal can have this guy! GO COLLY!
    . Bingo! Speaking of QBs, HEnry BUrris just walked by me at terminal 1 @ Pearson. NIce guy , I see why they call him smilin HAnk.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    It is for him, he may lose more by trying it in the CFL than maybe sticking as a backup somewhere in the NFL.
    I think that Tebow is now radioactive to NFL teams and is done in that league. They don't perceive him to be good enough to play in that league and he is a distraction to have on the roster because of his popularity with some fans and media. Even if he lights it up in the CFL, which I seriously doubt, I don't think that the NFL would take him back.

Regarding his mobility, yes, it is nice to have that in the CFL but Kevin Mason had lots of mobility and how did things turn out for him? Same for Eric Crouch. As AngeloV said, you have to be able to throw an accurate ball and that seems to be where Tebow is lacking. Having said that, Montreal has nothing to lose by looking at him.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 09-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force