Reply to Thread
    Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Cfl opening kickoff ???

Shouldn't the cfl have a kickoff show like the nfl with musical acts and everything to when they open up there season? I think they should have a bigger celebration to when they open up the season you can even tie it in with Canada day considering that the cfl season usually starts on that date!
    Last edited by Rocket; 09-05-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Shouldn't the cfl have a kickoff show like the nfl with musical acts and everything to when they open up there season? I think they should have a bigger celebration to when they open up the season you can even tie it in with Canada day considering that the cfl season usually starts on that date!
    No, I hope that the CFL doesn't ever do that. The only thing I want to see on opening night is the opening kickoff and the actual football. I don't need to see 10 musical acts on top of that trying to convince me that this is the biggest event in world history.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    No, I hope that the CFL doesn't ever do that. The only thing I want to see on opening night is the opening kickoff and the actual football. I don't need to see 10 musical acts on top of that trying to convince me that this is the biggest event in world history.
    I agree. Let's keep it 'frills-free' up here.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The NFL is so glitzy these days that the things off of the field is now more important than the actual game. All I want to is watch football, even the Argos in game promotions like the Desjardin blitz is starting to get to me. No Build a Baconater this year I see lol
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Let's face it if it's an American production that it'll be over the top/ overkill. We don't need everything to be crazy in your face BS. Americans live for that load of bunk.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    CFL football is a better more entertaining game IMO, the game stands on its own merits!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm anti-NFL everything, but I don't see how a bit of promotion on Kick-off weekend, which by the way should be on Canada Day, or at least the Canada Day weekend, is a bad thing. It doesn't have to be over the top, but a little fanfare is always nice. ONE opening act, a little bit of hoopla and a Snowbird or CF-18 flyby would be apropos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I'm anti-NFL everything, but I don't see how a bit of promotion on Kick-off weekend, which by the way should be on Canada Day, or at least the Canada Day weekend, is a bad thing. It doesn't have to be over the top, but a little fanfare is always nice. ONE opening act, a little bit of hoopla and a Snowbird or CF-18 flyby would be apropos.
    I feel that a little bit of hoopla to open the season would be a like a little icing on the cake for many CFL game-starved fans. As long as the icing is not layered on too thick and is not served up with every meal (game), it can provide a little more zing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Oh and I'm going to suggest something that will piss a lot of people off, I know. But how about have every opening game in Regina, or 2nd choice Hamilton. Kind of like how at one time every opening MLB game used to be in Cincinnati. Or at least that's how I remember it. Make it a tradition, and have a little fanfare with it. I really don't think it could hurt, besides all the jealous types who wonder why they picked Regina or Hamilton. But whatever city they pick, even if it isn't 1 of those 2, they have to stick with it, no matter what. That's how traditions are built.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    [QUOTE=argos1873;36478]I'm anti-NFL everything, but I don't see how a bit of promotion on Kick-off weekend, which by the way should be on Canada Day, or at least the Canada Day weekend, is a bad thing. It doesn't have to be over the top, but a little fanfare is always nice. ONE opening act, a little bit of hoopla and a Snowbird or CF-18 flyby would be apropos.[/QUOTE

Yeah I would have to agree with you on this one! That a little hype would be good for the cfl doesn't have to be over the top as the nfl but something where it can get the whole family involved with an event like it. Saskatchewan would be a good spot to maybe try something!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    i would like to see some more hype for opening weekend for sure, but as far as the joke of an opening they do for nfl, im not interested