Thread: New Draft Rules

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

New Draft Rules

CFL has announced they are changing how they will draft going forward next year. Players at NCAA schools will only be drafted after their Senior year and CIS players can be drafted after their third year. That would mean no more future picks from the NCAA but allows the CFL teams to get their hands on CIS players a year early. A few CIS players would be ready to turn pro after their Junior year, like Lumsden or Edem but I suspect many drafted out of the CIS will be sent back for their 4th and maybe their 5th year. Keeps players in the pipeline buts allows the grade A players to turn pro earlier if they want to. I wonder what the CIS schools will think of this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Double check that........ ( from the site ...) .......non-import status playing in the CIS, they will be eligible to be selected in the CFL Draft three years after completing their first year of CIS eligibility.....

That means the CFL is getting them in their fourth year of playing, so that the players would have only one year of eligibility left if they returned to the CIS. This rule allows for the red shirt years. At present, some can go back for 2 yrs if they didn't play/ redshirt their first year.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm really annoyed at the wording of the press release. I was mixed up, a couple TSN reporters were mixed up and now a post here that was thinking the same thing.

Wish they would've just made it 100% clear in the first place. No word if the other little quirky rules have been eliminated or are still haunting the annual conference call.