Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I got out from the north end (west stands) just fine. Part of the regular exit was closed because of the Ex but i didn't see any problems.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    This is a really, really positive piece from Doug Smith, from his blog at https://www.thestar.com/sports/doug_...the-radar.html. I've been critical of Smith in the past when it comes to the Argos, but this certainly goes a long way to the positive side of the ledger:

"It’s obvious that things haven’t gone quite as well on the field for the Argos this season as they had hoped – yesterday’s win over Hamilton notwithstanding – but I have to report first-hand that they have made the “experience” of attending a game at BMO Field quite something.
    Completely in the interest of first-hand investigation – and at the behest of long-time Argo fan Baseball Steve and a gaggle of other Ferrins and sundry very cool relatives and friends -- going to the game yesterday turned out to be one of the more excellent sporting days out in a long time.
    And total credit to the Argos and whichever civic licensing boards were involved because from star to finish, it was an event.
    The tailgate party is tremendous at some many levels, with families of all shapes and sizes hanging out and having fun, barbecues going, relatively inexpensive beer was plentiful if that’s your sort of thing and there was collegial atmosphere that kind of caught me by surprise.
    I’ve done tailgates at Bills games and they seem a bit overwhelming, with a lot of people keeping to themselves, at least more than they were at the Argos yesterday where everyone seemed to chat with everyone else, Argo fans joked with Ticat fans with little animosity and any time you can be serenaded by the ArgoNotes as you traipse over to the park is a good finish to an afternoon.
    I’m sure the atmosphere had a lot to with the late afternoon weekend start time and the exceptional weather but it was an outstanding time I would recommend to anyone, even if guzzling beer outside with your buddies isn’t your cup of tea, so to speak.
    The park itself is excellent on a nice day, fine sightlines, seats right on the field and the only thing they need to do is put some kind of auxiliary scoreboard on the south end of the stadium – we sat in the northwest corner and had a hard time craning the old neck to see down and distance.
    I don’t know what the attendance was – it struck me as smaller than I would have thought – but I would bet anyone who went to the game enjoyed themselves.
    (Okay, maybe not the thousands of Ticat fans who made the GO Train trip home right after the game a crush of humanity, but you get my drift).
    I’ve long held that outdoor football on a crisp late summer or fall afternoon in Toronto would be fun; turns out I was right.
    And yeah, we’re already making plans for the Thanksgiving Day game. Some of you should, too."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    ^ Hopefully some of the people who complain about attendance will make it out to one of our 2 final home games too.
    :-)

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It was rather jammed heading to the WB Go platform.
    Ticat fans with their tails tucked between their legs no doubt.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not really sure where to post this but I have been disappointed that the Argos website photo gallery has not been updated. On their site it hasn't been added to after week 2:http://www.argonauts.ca/photo-galleries/

From their social media, they have been posting links to photos here:https://torontoargonauts.exposure.co, but this site is missing the Edmonton game and the Labour Day Rematch and the latest Bomber game.

I know that Johany Jutras is their official photographer and she is also the photographer for the CFL (and she is doing a fantastic job) and she has also been at all of those games and so why is everything so outdated?

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'll just add that the Argos twitter account has been very disappointing this season, very little fan interaction and actually never replied when I asked a question regarding transfering tickets. It used to be one the best accounts in the league or even in pro sports and made its way onto other sites with its somewhat viral content but has now become very bland. I heard management wanted to go in another direction and that no one really runs the account anymore. Twitter is pretty trendy and is a great place to have fun. I think the younger generation would relate more to a team that can have a bit a fun, be humourous but still be professional online. Having premade tweets that look to be professionally written by a PR firm is just boring.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.