Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

September 14, 2013: Toronto Argonauts vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders

vs.

Week 12
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 9:30pm EDT.
    Mosaic Stadium. Regina, SK.

TV:
    TSN - RDS2 HD
    Video Webcast: Mobile TV - ESPN3
    Team Radio TOR: TSN Radio 1050 - SSK: CKRM 620
    Audio Webcast: TOR: Here - SSK: Here
    Satellite Radio: SiriusXM

Depth Charts: TOR: Here - SSK: Here

Away Game Viewing:

Post Game: Argos March into Mosaic and Defeat Riders
    Last edited by T-Bone; 09-16-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Post Game

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Saskatchewan been playing badly the last number of games, it's winnable but for some reason i don't think it will happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The most likely reason the Argos will have difficulty winning this one is the Saskatchewan loss to Winnipeg in which the Riders were totally dominated by the Bombers. You can be sure that in addition to their players be angry about the loss the Rider fans will be burning up the phone lines on the sports talk radio shows letting them know they expect a lot better. The Argos will need an all out effort from the beginning of the game to overcome the more than likely Rider emotional attack on offence, defence and special teams, and quiet the deafening roar of the fans. As heartening as the Argo comeback against Montreal was, a second half turnaround against the Riders is highly unlikely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Bombers really keyed on sheets and the rider run game which imo exposed the rider passing game as mediocre. Can I think the Argos can do the same? I hope so, but man sheets was killing us back in the game earlier this season so we’ll see. I think that is the key though (similar to the Argos jamming up Cornish in the grey cup – the stamps passing attack was exposed).

Offensively I’d like to see more ball possession, sustaining drives to keep our D off the field, will always love Pre but time for Waters to come back and nail FG’s consistently. Winnable? For sure. Likely? No, but that’s why the games are played….

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Bombers really keyed on sheets and the rider run game which imo exposed the rider passing game as mediocre. Can I think the Argos can do the same? I hope so, but man sheets was killing us back in the game earlier this season so we’ll see. I think that is the key though (similar to the Argos jamming up Cornish in the grey cup – the stamps passing attack was exposed).

Offensively I’d like to see more ball possession, sustaining drives to keep our D off the field, will always love Pre but time for Waters to come back and nail FG’s consistently. Winnable? For sure. Likely? No, but that’s why the games are played….
    It was more of no time for Durant to pass than our receivers being mediocre. I was disappointed there were no screens, hitch or swing passes to slow down the blitz. But it is what it is.
    On a brighter note. Sure is nice for you guys to have your team playing on a Saturday vice Tuesday or Thursday! From what I hear, Rogers only gave the Argos 11 dates on which to choose! No wonder things are so bad for you attendence wise.
    I think the sooner you get out of RC the better. I am a firm believer that having your own purpose built football stadium (and not some glorified grand stand like BMO) would certainly raise the profile of the Argos in your city. The Regina broadcast crew couldn't stop talking about Winnipeg and how much the stadium had a big time (NFL) feel to it. You make the gameday experience fun and people will flock to it. From what I read here, is that you would be hard pressed to know that a game was even being played if you stood outside of RC.

Anyway, lets hope for a great game (and a rider win of course! )

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Last year's argo win in ssk was pretty much the spark the team needed to embark on their grey cup run. if mtl gave the riders trouble there's no reason the argos can't either.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    It was more of no time for Durant to pass than our receivers being mediocre. I was disappointed there were no screens, hitch or swing passes to slow down the blitz. But it is what it is.
    Durant is a mediocre QB, his receivers make him look better than he is IMO, and there is a reason the Riders are near the bottom in passes attempted. He may have cut down on his interceptions, but he's already lost more fumbles than all of last season, and he's a usually a turnover machine.

Limiting Sheets and forcing Durant to pass will be the key for our D.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Durant is a mediocre QB, his receivers make him look better than he is IMO, and there is a reason the Riders are near the bottom in passes attempted. He may have cut down on his interceptions, but he's already lost more fumbles than all of last season, and he's a usually a turnover machine.

Well let see, when your running back (Sheets) is getting 209 touches (SK total 258) over 10 games (Calgary as a team has 239 touches) you are going to have less pass attempts. (Although the fumbles need to be corralled)
    But the key is the play of the offensive line, give any QB time and they'll pick you apart. Plain and simple.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    This is a winnable game for the Argo's...no question....

My biggest fear is Ricky Foley getting un-leashed, and doing some damage to our QB's.

The Argo's "D" can handle "dubious" Durant without issue...

Can the Argos PLEASE get a PRO level kicker for this game....???...
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    For some reason the Argos play well out there regardless of who the QB is. (remember Crouch winning out there) Riders for some reason always play well at the Dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    For some reason the Argos play well out there regardless of who the QB is. (remember Crouch winning out there) Riders for some reason always play well at the Dome.
    Going strictly by our last 10 visits there, we are 5-5.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

I think Durant is a much better QB than you are giving him credit for. The fact that he doesn't turn the ball over (int's) while still making a lot of long completions is proof of that. He also went to 2 Grey cups with an average runnig back (although a very good receiver) in Wes Cates.

QB fumbles are difficult. They are usually focusing on the down field coverage and get hit when not expecting to.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think Durant is a much better QB than you are giving him credit for. The fact that he doesn't turn the ball over while still making a lot of long completions is proof of that. He also went to 2 Grey cups with an average runnig back (although a very good receiver) in Wes Cates.
    I don't know what your talking about, Durant lead the league in interceptions in both 2009 and 2010, I'm pretty sure lead QB's in lost fumbles as well during making those 2 Grey Cups. And sadly, the 2009 grey cup will be remembered more about the 13th man, than his inability to move the ball in the 4th quarter to allow Montreal coming from 18 points behind. And the 2010 Grey Cup they had no business being in after their late season slide, almost losing to BC, and a fumble cost Calgary the victory. That playoff game it was like -20 and Calgary didn't show up. (Don't blame them) That riders slide continued into the 2011 season on the back of Durant.

I will admit he's have a very good year.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't know what your talking about, Durant lead the league in interceptions in both 2009 and 2010, I'm pretty sure lead QB's in lost fumbles as well during making those 2 Grey Cups. And sadly, the 2009 grey cup will be remembered more about the 13th man, than his inability to move the ball in the 4th quarter to allow Montreal coming from 18 points behind. And the 2010 Grey Cup they had no business being in after their late season slide, almost losing to BC, and a fumble cost Calgary the victory. That playoff game it was like -20 and Calgary didn't show up. (Don't blame them) That riders slide continued into the 2011 season on the back of Durant.

I will admit he's have a very good year.
    You sure you are not a Rider fan Mulder? Your comment could be pasted on any Sask fan forum by the corps of Durant haters in Saskatchewan.

Last edited by VANRIDERFAN; 09-10-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    You sure you are not a Rider fan Mulder? Your comment could be pasted on any Sask fan forum by the corps of Durant haters in Saskatchewan.

You mean the same place where they are calling Ricky Ray old and over the hill QB at 33, while the second coming of the best QB to play the game ever is not even at his prime yet at 31?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    Durant has always reminded me of Kevin Glenn. Glenn looked good because of guys like Stegal. Durant has some amazing receivers who bail him out bigtime. So many of his passes should never be thrown yet his receivers pull the ball down while surrounded by defenders. Then when he's off he's really off. Hopefully he's off this weekend. I know that we traditionally have trouble in Saskatchewan.

By the way my wife and I were just talking about our move back from BC and best parts of the drive. Although I blew through Sask I LOVED every km of that drive. Seeing all of the fields in bloom with hawks galore and Pronghorn Antelope everywhere as well was sweet. Just the dragonfly and butterfly slaughter as they plastered our truck sucked. I alway talk about hating the Riders but one day I must spend sometime tripping in Sask during the summer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I know that we traditionally have trouble in Saskatchewan.
    Actually, as Ron and Mulder have mentioned, the Argos have had decent success in Regina over the past decade (5-5 over their last 10 at Taylor Field).
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Your method of quoting tweets is way better than any of my attempts. What do you use to generate those, AF87?

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    If you highlight someone's tweet there should be an option that says "More" you click on that and select "Embed Tweet," which then gives you a link that you copy and paste to here.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022