Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    For those who are going, I will be selling my book on the 1983 Argos (Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs, http://bouncingbackbook.ca) before the game on the west concourse on Powerhouse Lane.

Five bucks from the sale of each book goes to Play Action minor football in Hamilton. http://www.ticats.ca/page/playaction_minorfootball

This is all thanks to David Watkins, who worked for the Argos in 1983, was interviewed for the book and is now a member of the Tiger-Cats front office.

Hope to see some of you there!
    You are selling a book glorifying the Toronto Argonauts at a Hamilton Tiger-Cat home game. Are you going to need any body guards? I'm going to the game so I'll try and drop around. I haven't read a book in over 15 years, so I guess maybe I'm due.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerkeeper View Post
    You are selling a book glorifying the Toronto Argonauts at a Hamilton Tiger-Cat home game. Are you going to need any body guards? I'm going to the game so I'll try and drop around. I haven't read a book in over 15 years, so I guess maybe I'm due.
    It has crossed my mind that I might take some abuse -- I certainly have at Labour Day games when I wasn't selling a book. But I'm counting on the goodwill of most Ticats fans. Many of them seem to realize that the two teams -- and their fanbases -- are intextricably tied together and need each other. Let's hope this year the two meet in the Eastern Final -- that would be great for football interest in southern Ont.

I hope to meet you, Deerkeeper. If you are due to read a book, this is definitely the one!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    See you there Paul!!!