Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I thought the Argos maybe got a little out Coached in this game. But on that last drive they didn't have OT King which seemed to cause some blocking confusion with Holmes in for him. I was surprised at that call sending Watt deep over the middle, right into double coverage. I think he can be a good #2 or #3 receiver as a wide out as he gains experience but IMO you have to go to your money guys like Barnes or Durie in that scenario. But give Hamilton credit they came up with a big rush in the clutch. Hopefully, all the wounded warriors like Childs, Kackert and Black will be back for the EC Final.
    Couldn't agree more..especially the wounded Warriors part. As for the last play, Obviously the Cats showed a coverage in which Ray felt the deep pattern would be there and It wasn't. So, they either confused Ray with their pre snap look, or Ray just made a bad read. Bottom line was that the Cats D came up big when they needed to, and the Argos D did not. But again, Hamilton had a lot more to play for the last couple of weeks, and it showed. Hopefully (and I'm fairly confident in this) the Argos sense of urgency will pick up come playoff time, as it did last year.

As I said earlier, when the Argos lost to the Peg in Ray's return last year, dropping their record at the time to 7-9, the mood on here was pretty bad. I have no problem being 9-6 at this point in time.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Ticats were 6-9-1 in '84 before beating the Concordes and then the Argos in the EF. Hamilton actually beat the Argos in the final regular season game that year at Exhibition Stadium. The 9-6-1 Argos had clinched first place with three regular season games left IIRC and did not play all that well down the stretch which, unfortunately, continued into the playoffs. The Ticats, as they often did in those days, started slowly but got better as the season progressed.
    Sorry, thought they were 5-10-1 in 84. (they were 5-10 -1 in 83)
    Rogers sucks. Bombers Suck. Visit www.ticatfans.com