Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Kevin Glenn

I know Glenn has his critics but all the guy ever seems to do is produce. He has had problems in the "big games" although he did perform quite well in last year's West Final so I am not so sure that hasn't been overblown a little. I suspect that AngeloV will find this somewhat ironic but Glenn is on the verge of passing Tom Clements on the all-time passing list (yardage) and moving into the top 10. He has had a solid, if unspectacular, career.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Interesting that Glenn is on the verge of passing Clements, I would take Clements over Glenn any day of the week, he came up big when it counted (1976 Grey Cup) ask any Rider fan!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Far be it from me to defend Clements, but if he played 18 game schedules and 5 receiver sets over his career, I don't think Glenn would be close to him, or a lot of other QB's from the past. Difficult to compare era's, but the style of play today definitely gives QB's that play a long time a better chance of breaking historical records.

As for Glenn...Just remember that a lot of people on here feel that Cleo Lemon was the worst QB of all time. Well, Cleo beat Glenn head to head in a playoff game.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Glenn is a real CFL vet QB now - who can do some good things - been given umpteen CFL opportunities. But an average to at times very mediocre starting QB IMO; and the Stamps are not going to win a GC with him starting (I'll take bets there ;o)); and they would be better off going with either of Tate or Mitchell into the play-offs. Glenn is more like a Blank Burris lite version (without the cannon arm or very good mobility)m - will throw up dumb picks or miss open receivers or make poor decisions that can cost his team in big games. Mind you - the Stamps could maybe go all the way with Glenn at QB IF they powered up with Cornish and the ground game consistently all thru the play-offs and in the GC - but that is very iffy or hard for a CFL same old offensive coaching staff to see through and they will likely defer to the passing game in a big game, and Glenn is just not good enough there IMO. Another hope might be that their pretty good D and excellent kicking game could win the big games for them inspite of having Glenn as a starter.

AND - Glenn couldn't hold Tom Clements' jockstrap as a QB - not even close in QB talent/skills; but as AV correctly points out - today's CFL mostly pass offences and 18 game scheds. now can make a lot of players accumulate big career stats.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 10-13-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Glenn is a real CFL vet QB now - who can do some good things - been given umpteen CFL opportunities. But an average to at times very mediocre starting QB IMO; and the Stamps are not going to win a GC with him starting (I'll take bets there ;o)); and they would be better off going with either of Tate or Mitchell into the play-offs. Glenn is more like a Blank Burris lite version (without the cannon arm or very good mobility)m - will throw up dumb picks or miss open receivers or make poor decisions that can cost his team in big games. Mind you - the Stamps could maybe go all the way with Glenn at QB IF they powered up with Cornish and the ground game consistently all thru the play-offs and in the GC - but that is very iffy or hard for a CFL same old offensive coaching staff to see through and they will likely defer to the passing game in a big game, and Glenn is just not good enough there IMO. Another hope might be that their pretty good D and excellent kicking game could win the big games for them inspite of having Glenn as a starter.
    Don't see why the Stamps can't win with Glenn. He got Winnipeg to the Grey Cup but was unlucky at the time with an injury. Glenn might not be the best QB in the CFL but he gets the job done & you can easily have a competitive team with Glenn at QB. You don't think Winnipeg would rather have Glenn then all the QB's they've had since that point?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordo View Post
    Don't see why the Stamps can't win with Glenn. He got Winnipeg to the Grey Cup but was unlucky at the time with an injury. Glenn might not be the best QB in the CFL but he gets the job done & you can easily have a competitive team with Glenn at QB. You don't think Winnipeg would rather have Glenn then all the QB's they've had since that point?
    And Buck Pierce took the Bombers to the GC a couple of seasons back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And Buck Pierce took the Bombers to the GC a couple of seasons back.
    Pierce beat Glenn in the Eastern final, I might add. It was typical Glenn. Shot the lights out in Montreal to upset the Als the week before, but crapped the bed badly in Winnipeg the next week.

Personally, everyone keeps bringing up Glenn's record over the last 2 years as a starter. I haven't done much research, but I'm willing to bet the combination of Tate/Mitchell actually have a better winning percentage over that time in games in which they have started. IMO, Glenn's winning record is purely team related.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Pierce beat Glenn in the Eastern final, I might add. It was typical Glenn. Shot the lights out in Montreal to upset the Als the week before, but crapped the bed badly in Winnipeg the next week.

Personally, everyone keeps bringing up Glenn's record over the last 2 years as a starter. I haven't done much research, but I'm willing to bet the combination of Tate/Mitchell actually have a better winning percentage over that time in games in which they have started. IMO, Glenn's winning record is purely team related.
    im going to get you an autographed kevin glenn jersey for xmas

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    im going to get you an autographed kevin glenn jersey for xmas
    Don't bother. He's already got one from that time when Kevin Glenn was an Argo.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Don't bother. He's already got one from that time when Kevin Glenn was an Argo.
    I remember that--I think he was an Argo for the space between two 20/20 sports updates.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022