I haven't voted as to a specific location here, as whatever is best for the team should dictate the location.
I live 1-1.5 hrs from downtown, so if the stadium is moved still within the same driving distance I will still go.
The Argos are in a unique situation, as most other teams do not have the choice.

Downtown Location: Often when there is a game i will make a day or two visit to the downtown core (except of course for the midweek games ... Thursday isnt bad) .... there are so many options for a couple day visit that I am surprised that the city of Toronto doesn't recognize that. I'm not going to Hamilton for a couple of days.... maybe Montreal ..... but Toronto downtown does offer that to the Argos fans that will not be replaced by heading out to the burbs. Yes I will still visit the downtown core, but I definitly go more frequently with the Argo games.

Outside Location: I will probably still go to a burb location as well.It will not be the couple day venue but if it allows tailgating .... I can manage a DD, and have my tailgating stuff ready .... I can still bring people.

I really hope the Argos do their homework and find out what the fans like of each location, which fans will be affected by their choice. Are the newer fans coming from the burbs? .... You know the full SWOT analysis. Once done, then lets not settle for second best.... do what is best for the Argos and their fans. I am sure Rudge is doing this.