American football?

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
I think all this talk of other sites is simply "posturing" by Braley to up the ante with MLSE so that they don't appear to be the only option. Let's face it, the guy is 72 years old and may want a quick exit from this franchise
I don't think Braley is in any hurry to divest the Argos, it's not like he's hard up for cash. If age had anything to do with it he could sell the Lions much easier than the Argos.

I think he's looking for the best long term solution for the Argos and certainly isn't posturing. If there is any apprehension I would think it is a reluctance to build a new stadium when you're not 100% sure if the Argos can make a real resurgence in the market. That's why it would have to be part of a larger development deal to have some part of the development assured to make money

Quote Originally Posted by cflsteve View Post
One of the stadiums that the MLSE has looked at modeling BMO after is PPL park home of the Union which is estimated to cost about 130 million in 2013 to build.
If the Argos become a part of MLSE's band of losers (save financially) they're looking at 27-29k seats, a roof and a form of winterization to the structure, far beyond PPL Park. It's gonna cost a few shekels.