Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
Back in 2003-05, the league had playoff games at 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm EDT and those times certainly worked well for TV ratings and didn't work too badly for attendance either. I think that most of us on here can fondly recall the Argos beating the Als on a Sunday night in the '04 East Final before 50k at the Big Owe and a large prime time audience on CBC. You are right, Paul, that the Friday night playoff game worked out beautifully for the Argos. I think that moving the East Final this year to 4:00 pm with the West Final right after would work nicely. The Argos drew 44k for an East Final at SkyDome that started at 3:30 pm IIRC in 2005.
Those start times would be nice, but as Mulder said, this is TSN doing. It was a lot easier back then with CBC as they were a lot more flexible with their schedule. Prime sports property or not, TSN is still hot for the NFL.
It is going to be a mess downtown that Sunday. 40000 (hopefully) for the east final, 200k for the parade and a couple of dozen for the bouncingball game. This all could have been avoided, but as we all know, it's all Chris Rudge's fault. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm just mocking some posters on this and other football forms.

I'm still a firm believer in Downsview. I like the idea on being downtown in the Portlands, but I can't see anything happening there until the next iceage retreats. Downsview seems to be the best available spot, right at the old supply depot. It's central to pretty much everywhere, right on a GO and subway station with lots of room to park and party.