Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
Downsview makes the most sense to me as well. I can get on the GO for BMO or the RC no problem, but sometimes begrudge that hour both ways. It will be longer to BMO. But gone are the days of driving to the EX grounds on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with not much traffic especially with the continual construction.
Downsview would be the closest to how things used to be at the EX for parking etc. Why not shuttle buses for people in some of the downtown areas. It seemed to work out ok in Ottawa this year. Park at a few designated places and bus to the Stadium. I took in a game in Ottawa this year and the bus shuttle worked fine.
But as PW says the big IF is who will fund a Stadium. The City and Province are so cash strapped even though the money wasted on the Pan Am games and other Provincial Government gaffes could have built several Stadiums.
Downsview is still pretty difficult to drive to, the last few kilometers are a tough drive. 400 & 7 is close by and is an easier drive IMO. Plus it will only be a couple more TTC Subway stops to get there on transit. Regardless it appears to be BMO Field or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
Went for a walk by the Lake this morning. Reminded me of Playoff weather at the EX. South West wind howling off the Lake feeling colder than it really was. But we will all be happy back outside at BMO. lol
Yeah I think people will be right back to wishing for a Domed Stadium during the late season games.