View Poll Results: Where should the new Argonauts Stadium be located?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Richmond Hill

3 5.26%
  • Markham

3 5.26%
  • Vaughan

7 12.28%
  • Woodbine Racetrack

4 7.02%
  • York University

2 3.51%
  • Downsview

13 22.81%
  • BMO Field

19 33.33%
  • Other

6 10.53%

Threaded View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this argument. From the west, exit at Jameson and you're almost right there; from the east, (downtown) exit at Spadina and it's not THAT far.
    Limited transit? GO Trains right at the door with half-hourly service east and west. From the GO perspective this is an ideal location. (I agree, TTC streetcar service could be better.)
    Limited parking? It's surrounded by parking lots. The tailgate scene might actually be pretty good.
    The Jamieson exit either puts you onto Jamieson which is a 2 lane (Total) city street with on street parking or onto Lakeshore which means that you have to either exit onto Ontario which is also a 2 lane street (with 1 center turn lane) or onto Strahan which only has 1 Northbound lane. It's the same thing if you get off at Spadina.

Also the Dufferin Street bridge is closed for the next few years for construction.

The only GO line that services the Exhibition GO Station is the Lakeshore West line. The other lines all go into Union Station. Also it doesn't run every 30 minutes, especially on weekends. Yes it's surrounded by Small, Expensive parking lots that disappear during the CNE and the Indy race.

Try getting to BMO Field from the North or East or by TTC, it's brutal. It's really only accessible if you happen to live on the Lakeshore West GO Line.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 10-28-2013 at 10:18 AM.