View Poll Results: Where should the new Argonauts Stadium be located?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Richmond Hill

3 5.26%
  • Markham

3 5.26%
  • Vaughan

7 12.28%
  • Woodbine Racetrack

4 7.02%
  • York University

2 3.51%
  • Downsview

13 22.81%
  • BMO Field

19 33.33%
  • Other

6 10.53%
Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Downsview makes the most sense to me as well. I can get on the GO for BMO or the RC no problem, but sometimes begrudge that hour both ways. It will be longer to BMO. But gone are the days of driving to the EX grounds on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon with not much traffic especially with the continual construction.
    Downsview would be the closest to how things used to be at the EX for parking etc. Why not shuttle buses for people in some of the downtown areas. It seemed to work out ok in Ottawa this year. Park at a few designated places and bus to the Stadium. I took in a game in Ottawa this year and the bus shuttle worked fine.
    But as PW says the big IF is who will fund a Stadium. The City and Province are so cash strapped even though the money wasted on the Pan Am games and other Provincial Government gaffes could have built several Stadiums.
    Downsview is still pretty difficult to drive to, the last few kilometers are a tough drive. 400 & 7 is close by and is an easier drive IMO. Plus it will only be a couple more TTC Subway stops to get there on transit. Regardless it appears to be BMO Field or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Went for a walk by the Lake this morning. Reminded me of Playoff weather at the EX. South West wind howling off the Lake feeling colder than it really was. But we will all be happy back outside at BMO. lol
    Yeah I think people will be right back to wishing for a Domed Stadium during the late season games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Longtime Argo fan who grew up in Burlington.My wife and daughter are TiCat fans, it's a fun rivalry.
    We went to our first game at Tim Horton’s Field for the eastern final.One word “WOW”.
    The stadium is great.Great views, amazing atmosphere, very loud.You know you’re in the Ticats stadium, and the fans have taken a ‘This is our house’ attitude that will make it difficult for all visiting teams.
    From an Argo fan perspective…only envy.IMO they are dead in the water if they don’t secure a new venue to play.Their own stadium to duplicate what the Ticats have would be great, but I agree it’s a fantasy.So the next best thing would be BMO.Even though we would still be tenants, it would provide a fresh new experience for Argo games to build on.

I guess we can only sit and wait.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Longtime Argo fan who grew up in Burlington.My wife and daughter are TiCat fans, it's a fun rivalry.
    We went to our first game at Tim Horton’s Field for the eastern final.One word “WOW”.
    The stadium is great.Great views, amazing atmosphere, very loud.You know you’re in the Ticats stadium, and the fans have taken a ‘This is our house’ attitude that will make it difficult for all visiting teams.
    From an Argo fan perspective…only envy.IMO they are dead in the water if they don’t secure a new venue to play.Their own stadium to duplicate what the Ticats have would be great, but I agree it’s a fantasy.So the next best thing would be BMO.Even though we would still be tenants, it would provide a fresh new experience for Argo games to build on.

I guess we can only sit and wait.
    Same as my situation, we are a football divided family, wife and 11 year son Ticat fans, 9 year old son and myself Argonaut fans and we have fun with it all season. As mentioned in another thread just purchased Ticat seasons as we are moving west from Burlington. Tim Horton Field is a great football experience, hopefully a change in venue does the same for the Argonauts, they deserve better and so do the fans!!