View Poll Results: Where should the new Argonauts Stadium be located?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Richmond Hill

3 5.26%
  • Markham

3 5.26%
  • Vaughan

7 12.28%
  • Woodbine Racetrack

4 7.02%
  • York University

2 3.51%
  • Downsview

13 22.81%
  • BMO Field

19 33.33%
  • Other

6 10.53%
Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I thought that was the NFL?
    NO NFL is the highest form of gridiron

Anyways I think the best stadium option for the Argos is partnering with U OF T to expand Varsity. If the Argos pitch in 20% University 20% Federal 30% Province 30% I think its feasible.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ardesh View Post

Anyways I think the best stadium option for the Argos is partnering with U OF T to expand Varsity. If the Argos pitch in 20% University 20% Federal 30% Province 30% I think its feasible.
    This opportunity sailed past the Argos a few years ago ...... unless you have some new info?

Listening to the garbage news wrt the Bills/BonJovi/MLSE fodder, I'm thinking ..... yea the Argos will have to move out of downtown, only to have the Bills come in and be welcomed to the downtown by the TO Council with $ to build a new stadium on the Ontario Place site. .... wash my mouth out with soap right now!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

So what does the 'S' in MLS stand for?
    So what does the 'F' in NFL stand for?

Varsity can't be expanded. BMO Field can.

Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Listening to the garbage news wrt the Bills/BonJovi/MLSE fodder, I'm thinking ..... yea the Argos will have to move out of downtown, only to have the Bills come in and be welcomed to the downtown by the TO Council with $ to build a new stadium on the Ontario Place site. .... wash my mouth out with soap right now!
    I can't see any level of government giving money to build a NFL stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    MLS is the top level of football in North America.
    Which makes it what level in the world?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    To put it bluntly Toronto FC football fans (including myself) do not want a minor league gridiron league invading our stadium. Build your own.
    To put it even more bluntly, if you come here to call our league as being "minor" when the MLS salary cap is lower than the CFL's. And attempt to insult the league, the teams and fans, you will be banned so quick and your email signed for spam.

We already have one huge TFC fan here who arguers from the TFC point, But at least he does it in a respectful manor and has valid points. Oh and he's also a huge Toronto sports fan. And not a 1-2 team pony while putting down the rest. Many of us here cheer for the TORONTO in the various team names..the other part is irrelevant.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Sounds like the round trip cost for 2 people on the TTC or GO Transit.
    Aren't you the same person that brought up gas and wear and tear on the vehicle in a previous thread concerning traffic for the Eastern final? Sounds like you want it both ways when it comes to supporting your argument.

Living in Thornhill, Vaughan would be great for me, but overall, I still think the Toronto Argonauts need to be in Toronto.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    to put it even more bluntly, if you come here to call our league as being "minor" when the mls salary cap is lower than the cfl's. And attempt to insult the league, the teams and fans, you will be banned so quick and your email signed for spam.

........t.
    Yea Mulder!!!

Last edited by Argocister; 11-25-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    To put it even more bluntly, if you come here to call our league as being "minor" when the MLS salary cap is lower than the CFL's. And attempt to insult the league, the teams and fans, you will be banned so quick and your email signed for spam.

We already have one huge TFC fan here who arguers from the TFC point, But at least he does it in a respectful manor and has valid points. Oh and he's also a huge Toronto sports fan. And not a 1-2 team pony while putting down the rest. Many of us here cheer for the TORONTO in the various team names..the other part is irrelevant.
    appreciated Mulder, ive said this before and i repeat this again, i dont get why these TFC fans think they are entitled to the facility only, its a tax payers owned stadium. Why the hate on for the Argos, We happily share a newly renovated BC place with our MLS fans here, the stadium received funding to make it a fantastic place for next few decades of Vancouver sports. I newly renovated BMO with a roof and expanded seating and concourse would be a win win for TFC and Argo fans, but isnt going to happen unless the Argos are apart of it.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post

Some players (like Clint Dempsey) make more then one entire CFL team so what's your point?

I am a huge Toronto sports fan for all sports including the Argos. I just don't want BMO field ruined for gridiron.

I never knew Varsity couldn't be expanded. How about Lamport Stadium then? I would think renovating that would be cheaper then building a newer stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    MLS is the top level of football in North America.
    Which is roughly equivalent to being the top alpine skier in Ethiopia.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Some players (like Clint Dempsey) make more then one entire CFL team so what's your point?

I am a huge Toronto sports fan for all sports including the Argos. I just don't want BMO field ruined for gridiron.

I never knew Varsity couldn't be expanded. How about Lamport Stadium then? I would think renovating that would be cheaper then building a newer stadium.
    Didn't CFL have sort of a designated player rule at one time too? Rocket Ismail comes to mind. It was eventually deemed bad for the league, and other players on the team.
    You wouldn't want to lose a marquee Canadian player because you signed 3 under preforming DP's right? Doesn't Dwayne De Rosario come to mind in that situation??

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    I have season tickets for both TFC and the Toronto Argonauts... And if the Toronto Argonauts fell that BMO field is the best solution for them ( and it is) that is where they should be. That stadium was never suppose to be a Soccer only facility and yes the previous Argos owners fumbled the ball ( many times and screwed over the CSA for that matter many times) it has nothing to do with the current ownership situation. As a taxpayer it also provides better ROI to the City of Toronto having them in that facility.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    TFC fans remind me of spoiled brat kids of today that expect everything and feel entitled but have not gained any respect in the least for anything. Take..take..take but have not earned crap. I really hope that we don't go down that road with MLSE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

You do realize that the Argonauts average Regular Season Attendance was about 22,000 per game, right? They also had about 36000 at this year's playoff game. Lamport Stadium has a capacity of 9600.

The only existing stadium in Toronto that could be expanded/renovated for the Argonauts is BMO Field.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    You do realize that the Argonauts average Regular Season Attendance was about 22,000 per game, right? They also had about 36000 at this year's playoff game. Lamport Stadium has a capacity of 9600.

The only existing stadium in Toronto that could be expanded/renovated for the Argonauts is BMO Field.
    Yes I do realize that. If that;s the only option the Argos are not going to come to BMO. TFC Fans have spoken and do not want the Argos on their pitch.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes I do realize that. If that;s the only option the Argos are not going to come to BMO. TFC Fans have spoken and do not want the Argos on their pitch.
    This is becoming increasingly circular but I'll repeat the obvious: TFC fans don't own BMO field; the City of Toronto (and by extension its residents) own BMO field. I wouldn't happy either if I were a TFC fan but the soccer club does not have a veto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    It's lovely that MLSE plans to "listen to" TFC's fans, but they will do whatever they deem makes the most sense from a business standpoint. Any TFC fan who believes that MLSE will not put the Argos into BMO simply because TFC fans won't tolerate it either does not understand or does not want to admit how MLSE -- or any massively successful business, for that matter -- operates.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    CFL did the whole cap exempt thing 20 yrs ago (Ismail,Flutie) and it didn't work for the CFL just like it hasn't worked for the MLS. MLS is a retirement league for over the hill stars. You will see the odd CFL guy go to the NFL. The MLS however is the last train at the station carreer wise. As for being the best soccer in North America, lol, here's where the IFFHS ranks the MLS--> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...h-in-the-world Congrats MLS, you are ranked 88th in the world.
    Last edited by LLB997; 11-25-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Personally I don't want the Argonauts at BMO Field as it's a sub par stadium in a sub par location but it's not up to MLSE as they don't own the stadium.

BMO Field is owned by the City of Toronto and the Argonauts are much more popular than TFC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Personally I don't want the Argonauts at BMO Field as it's a sub par stadium in a sub par location but it's not up to MLSE as they don't own the stadium.

BMO Field is owned by the City of Toronto and the Argonauts are much more popular than TFC.
    I just do not trust MLSE. their intentions cannot be trusted in respect to the ARGOS.