Thread: TV ratings

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I'd love to have one playoff game on Friday night (starting at 830 ET) and one on Sat at 3p. Some risk of poor ratings on the Saturday but I bet the Friday game would have great ratings.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'd love to have one playoff game on Friday night (starting at 830 ET) and one on Sat at 3p. Some risk of poor ratings on the Saturday but I bet the Friday game would have great ratings.

Sure the numbers have been down this year.
    But the RDS figures are not listed and apparently have averaged over 200,000.
    So combined it's not that bad, still winning the day.
    I see no reason for the league to change the day and definitely stay going head to head with the NFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am not crazy about the Saturday game but, for what it's worth, the one time that we had a Friday night playoff game previously did work out well at both the gate and with the TV ratings (Hamilton at Toronto in 2004). I also thought that TV ratings were strong in the few years that the league went to 3:30 pm EST and 7:00 pm EST Sunday starts from '03 to '05. I guess that there were concerns about the attendance in those years although some of the crowds included 60k and more than 50k in Montreal, 44k in Toronto, 40k in Edmonton and 55k in Vancouver.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force