Thread: TV ratings

Hybrid View

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Jim Lang was on the Sportscage today (Regina radio) and he stated that the Raptors demographic was the 40 and younger crowd while the Argo demographic was the 50 and over crowd. He also said the Raptors are pretty much ignored outside of the GTA while the Argos are ignored inside the GTA.
    Would you guys agree or disagree with his analysis?
    Link:
    http://www.620ckrm.com/media/com_pod..._4_podcast.mp3
    go to the 1:10.00 mark for the interview

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    Jim Lang was on the Sportscage today (Regina radio) and he stated that the Raptors demographic was the 40 and younger crowd while the Argo demographic was the 50 and over crowd. He also said the Raptors are pretty much ignored outside of the GTA while the Argos are ignored inside the GTA.
    Would you guys agree or disagree with his analysis?
    Link:
    http://www.620ckrm.com/media/com_pod..._4_podcast.mp3
    go to the 1:10.00 mark for the interview
    I would say that is probably accurate. I'm sure it's been discussed here before that for whatever reasons the Argos seem to have difficulty attracting younger fans. Also these TV numbers that people keep posting here are national numbers correct? I would really like to see a break down of those numbers by region. How many people in Toronto are actually watching the games on TV? Don't get me wrong the TV numbers are impressive but that is just one aspect of the existence of this team. I know there has been many comments about CFL haters in Toronto but if you ask me those people are the minority. The majority are indifferent and couldn't care less if the team exists or not. That to me is worse than the hater because at least the haters are paying some attention.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Well almost all of the Argonauts fans that I know are well under 50, myself included.
    Ok, but what is the average age of people that attend Argos games? I would not hesitate to guess that the average age is mid to late 40's.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Ok, but what is the average age of people that attend Argos games? I would not hesitate to guess that the average age is mid to late 40's.
    You could be right, I've never paid much attention to that. I do notice that there always seems to be lots of kids at the games though. I'll try to pay more attenton at the Eastern Final.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Maybe it depend on the area one is sitting, but I see a lot of young couples. There is actually a lot of women at Argo games and women are suppose to hate football. lol Do news people really sit out with the fans or walk around the stadium before making their great assumptions?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    TV ratings for the Argos locally and give them a, 1.6 share in the GTA, that put the Argos only behind the national news for most watched TV show in the GTA
    As much as the Argos are my favourite sports team ANYWHERE..I find it hard to believe they get a bigger share than the Leafs in the GTA. In fact, I will go on record and say they would be lucky to get half of what the Leafs get. But 3rd to Leafs and national news is nothing to sneeze at.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    As much as the Argos are my favourite sports team ANYWHERE..I find it hard to believe they get a bigger share than the Leafs in the GTA. In fact, I will go on record and say they would be lucky to get half of what the Leafs get. But 3rd to Leafs and national news is nothing to sneeze at.
    I think that flutie02 is referring to a Saturday night in September before the NHL's regular season began. It might have been the Saskatchewan game but it was one of those three Saturday night September road games that they played and won (Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton).
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The leafs were not playing that night and I never said the Argos get higher ratings then the Leafs. Mike Hogen was refering to that peticular game. He was also refering to the Share of TV ratings that the Argos get in the GTA. That share is high and they are very good numbers. It flys in the face of what Lang was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Well jeez, why didn't you just say so? Hey, if your desperate for fans, can you host my family for this weekends game against Utah? I only need 4 tix.
    From todays Sun.
    There was a surprising number of unsold seats in the lower bowl at the ACC last night considering the calibre of team making a visit

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Man this guy Lang is at two faced as they come. I remember him a few years ago as a play by play man on 640. He was talking big time Argo and CFL and how the NFL is not close in comparison. Then he eventually turns up at Sportsnet and you would never know this is the same guy.
    Your so right, i recall talking to him at the FOA corn roast and he was all about the CFL. He talked how some members of the T.O media have it out for the CFL/Argos (and that must have been 15 years ago) and how their bias is just so wrong. Now he speaks the party line of who signed his cheque. His partner on the Radio (Brady) goes on all the time, that he does not believe the Argos/CFL numbers and how there is no way the Argos beat the Raptors in ratings. Lang never speaks up. of course Brady was saying this before the 54,000 number was printed for the Raptors season opener, so who knows what he is saying now as i stoped listening to them months ago.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    The leafs were not playing that night and I never said the Argos get higher ratings then the Leafs. Mike Hogen was refering to that peticular game. He was also refering to the Share of TV ratings that the Argos get in the GTA. That share is high and they are very good numbers. It flys in the face of what Lang was saying.
    Thanks for the clarity. I thought it was just an overall summary of recent weekly ratings, and not for a specific day.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Well almost all of the Argonauts fans that I know are well under 50, myself included.
    Man this guy Lang is at two faced as they come. I remember him a few years ago as a play by play man on 640. He was talking big time Argo and CFL and how the NFL is not close in comparison. Then he eventually turns up at Sportsnet and you would never know this is the same guy.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Lang is no longer employed by the FAN 590. Not surprisingly, some CFL related tweets appeared on his feed after this occurred.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Lang is no longer employed by the FAN 590. Not surprisingly, some CFL related tweets appeared on his feed after this occurred.
    And the Fan590 just went though another round of major layoffs. My wife who still had contacts from when she worked there said it became a very dark place to work.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think I remember her mentioning that to me once. Seems to be when Nelson Millman left to be replaced by Collins or whatever his name is.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I think I remember her mentioning that to me once. Seems to be when Nelson Millman left to be replaced by Collins or whatever his name is.
    Boom. CFL just released TV Ratings for the past year. Up 18% in Southern Ontario market. And there are those who say "Nobody is watching" lmao!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Boom. CFL just released TV Ratings for the past year. Up 18% in Southern Ontario market. And there are those who say "Nobody is watching" lmao!
    Do you have a Link?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post

18% increase in S.Ontario

26% increase for Argo games

CFL kills every sport's ratings in Canada(save hockey)

#MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah the FAN590 has gone downhill since he left. The morning show is terrible. They fired Stelick and Landry for Andrew Krystal. He was terrible so they fired him and brought in Brady and Lang. Then they fired Lang. It's a complete gong show. The only good person that they have left is Bob McCown. McCown is the only one on that station who is brave enough to talk about the CFL. The CFL has an exclusive contract with TSN. The FAN590 is owned by Rogers.