Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: TV ratings

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Maybe it depend on the area one is sitting, but I see a lot of young couples. There is actually a lot of women at Argo games and women are suppose to hate football. lol Do news people really sit out with the fans or walk around the stadium before making their great assumptions?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Thank you. It's relevant in the context of the article that listed the ratings for all of the Toronto home openers.

It matters if they're giving away a lot of tickets for free (like the Bills in Toronto games do) Paid Attendance is what's important.
    We were only debating Raptors attendance, so paid really doesn't matter. They have good attendance, near tops in the league.

Now that you brought it up, those tickets are paid for whether via Leafs tie in or not. If someone got the the tix for free via Leafs, bonus for them, but they have essentially been bought. It's a unusual model, but it works. To just blab that the Raps have no fans like someone else did, is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post

As Far as the Raptors go, I go to over 25 Raptors game a year, I will start posting photos if that what it takes. The ACC seats over 19,000 and they claim an average of 16,000 and change on their own site. They got 54,000 watching their season opener and their TV ratings suck. The Raptors get why more media coverage then they deserve for their small fan base, that's is what I am commenting on
    I didn't realize you were such a big Raptors fan! Sure wouldn't know it the negative way you talk about basketball. You claim to attended well over half their home games. I only made about 10 last year, as I can only make Weekend games. It is strange we see different things. The only explanation is that I must have went to the 10 most popular games and you hit the lowest 25+ ones.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I didn't realize you were such a big Raptors fan! Sure wouldn't know it the negative way you talk about basketball. You claim to attended well over half their home games. I only made about 10 last year, as I can only make Weekend games. It is strange we see different things. The only explanation is that I must have went to the 10 most popular games and you hit the lowest 25+ ones.
    I'm not a big Raptors fan, I go due to work. Like a lot of other company's. we have a Box at the ACC for the Leafs, we as a company are forced ( for a lack of a better word) to pay for that box for Raptors game as well. We have a tough time filling the box, as 90% percent of our customers/business partners want to go to Leaf games and when we offer up the Raptors, most say no, or go to 1 game, therefore we give the box out to charity groups, and someone from the company must go and play host and that is why, I'm down at a lot of Raptor games and this is also why I know the Raptors struggle and if not for being owned by MLSE I believe just like Vancouver, the NBA would have vacated T.O years ago

Well almost all of the Argonauts fans that I know are well under 50, myself included.
    Things like this is why I get so defensive about the Argos. Lang states that the Argos are all but ignored in the GTA and the TV ratings are nationally. Yet the Radio voice of the Argos (mike Hogen) who works of course for the other all sports channel posted the TV ratings for the Argos locally and give them a, 1.6 share in the GTA, that put the Argos only behind the national news for most watched TV show in the GTA

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    TV ratings for the Argos locally and give them a, 1.6 share in the GTA, that put the Argos only behind the national news for most watched TV show in the GTA
    As much as the Argos are my favourite sports team ANYWHERE..I find it hard to believe they get a bigger share than the Leafs in the GTA. In fact, I will go on record and say they would be lucky to get half of what the Leafs get. But 3rd to Leafs and national news is nothing to sneeze at.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm not a big Raptors fan, I go due to work. Like a lot of other company's. we have a Box at the ACC for the Leafs, we as a company are forced ( for a lack of a better word) to pay for that box for Raptors game as well. We have a tough time filling the box, as 90% percent of our customers/business partners want to go to Leaf games and when we offer up the Raptors, most say no, or go to 1 game, therefore we give the box out to charity groups, and someone from the company must go and play host and that is why, I'm down at a lot of Raptor games and this is also why I know the Raptors struggle and if not for being owned by MLSE I believe just like Vancouver, the NBA would have vacated T.O years ago
    Well jeez, why didn't you just say so? Hey, if your desperate for fans, can you host my family for this weekends game against Utah? I only need 4 tix.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    As much as the Argos are my favourite sports team ANYWHERE..I find it hard to believe they get a bigger share than the Leafs in the GTA. In fact, I will go on record and say they would be lucky to get half of what the Leafs get. But 3rd to Leafs and national news is nothing to sneeze at.
    I think that flutie02 is referring to a Saturday night in September before the NHL's regular season began. It might have been the Saskatchewan game but it was one of those three Saturday night September road games that they played and won (Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton).
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Well almost all of the Argonauts fans that I know are well under 50, myself included.
    Man this guy Lang is at two faced as they come. I remember him a few years ago as a play by play man on 640. He was talking big time Argo and CFL and how the NFL is not close in comparison. Then he eventually turns up at Sportsnet and you would never know this is the same guy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The leafs were not playing that night and I never said the Argos get higher ratings then the Leafs. Mike Hogen was refering to that peticular game. He was also refering to the Share of TV ratings that the Argos get in the GTA. That share is high and they are very good numbers. It flys in the face of what Lang was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Well jeez, why didn't you just say so? Hey, if your desperate for fans, can you host my family for this weekends game against Utah? I only need 4 tix.
    From todays Sun.
    There was a surprising number of unsold seats in the lower bowl at the ACC last night considering the calibre of team making a visit

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Man this guy Lang is at two faced as they come. I remember him a few years ago as a play by play man on 640. He was talking big time Argo and CFL and how the NFL is not close in comparison. Then he eventually turns up at Sportsnet and you would never know this is the same guy.
    Your so right, i recall talking to him at the FOA corn roast and he was all about the CFL. He talked how some members of the T.O media have it out for the CFL/Argos (and that must have been 15 years ago) and how their bias is just so wrong. Now he speaks the party line of who signed his cheque. His partner on the Radio (Brady) goes on all the time, that he does not believe the Argos/CFL numbers and how there is no way the Argos beat the Raptors in ratings. Lang never speaks up. of course Brady was saying this before the 54,000 number was printed for the Raptors season opener, so who knows what he is saying now as i stoped listening to them months ago.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Lang is no longer employed by the FAN 590. Not surprisingly, some CFL related tweets appeared on his feed after this occurred.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Lang is no longer employed by the FAN 590. Not surprisingly, some CFL related tweets appeared on his feed after this occurred.
    And the Fan590 just went though another round of major layoffs. My wife who still had contacts from when she worked there said it became a very dark place to work.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think I remember her mentioning that to me once. Seems to be when Nelson Millman left to be replaced by Collins or whatever his name is.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I think I remember her mentioning that to me once. Seems to be when Nelson Millman left to be replaced by Collins or whatever his name is.
    Boom. CFL just released TV Ratings for the past year. Up 18% in Southern Ontario market. And there are those who say "Nobody is watching" lmao!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yeah the FAN590 has gone downhill since he left. The morning show is terrible. They fired Stelick and Landry for Andrew Krystal. He was terrible so they fired him and brought in Brady and Lang. Then they fired Lang. It's a complete gong show. The only good person that they have left is Bob McCown. McCown is the only one on that station who is brave enough to talk about the CFL. The CFL has an exclusive contract with TSN. The FAN590 is owned by Rogers.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Boom. CFL just released TV Ratings for the past year. Up 18% in Southern Ontario market. And there are those who say "Nobody is watching" lmao!
    18% from what? Do they provide numbers for Southern Ontario?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Do you have a Link?

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post

Great news, thanks.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    http://cfl.ca/article/cfl-on-tsn-and...ratings-winner

The CFL’s strong ratings performance features large gains in Southern Ontario, where ratings for games involving the Toronto Argonauts were up 26 per cent from last year, and 50 per cent from 2011, and ratings for games involving the Hamilton Tiger-cats were up 14 per cent from 2012, and 27 per cent from 2011.

One of the most watched games of the year featured the Hamilton Tiger-Cats hosting the Toronto Argonauts on Thanksgiving Monday: the television audience approached one million viewers, making it the most watched regular season game in the two teams’ decades-old rivalry.

Ratings for all CFL games are up 18 per cent from last year in Southern Ontario (what the rating agency calls the Toronto Extended Market, which includes Halton, Peel, Metro Toronto, York, Simcoe South, Durahm, Dufferin, Hamilton, Niagara and Haldimand.)
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    The leafs were not playing that night and I never said the Argos get higher ratings then the Leafs. Mike Hogen was refering to that peticular game. He was also refering to the Share of TV ratings that the Argos get in the GTA. That share is high and they are very good numbers. It flys in the face of what Lang was saying.
    Thanks for the clarity. I thought it was just an overall summary of recent weekly ratings, and not for a specific day.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=435976 These numbers are to die for and are a very close second to the NHL.
    They can only be bigger next year with Ottawa coming in.

Can you imagine when we get a 10th team and if it is Atlantic Canada, the numbers should reach an average 1 million plus.