Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    After 45 games this season, CFL games are averaging 52.64 points per game. It has been a season of some exciting football so far although a frustrating one for Argos fans.

You might equate points per game as the main/only indicator of exciting or quality football Ravi, and you're well entitled to your opinion there, but again - I don't share it. While today's Labour Day game featured lots of points and was an exciting and entertaining game, there was some real bad defence from both sides that contributed to some of the scoring.

I love some of those high scoring shoot-out CFL games, but I also love tough, solid defensive football where points really have to be earned.
    Give me some 13 - 8 type defensive battle score games to go along with some 40 some to 30 some score games and a few in between as well.
    I love variety in football - so lots of varied scores would be ideal (IMO); just like it would be nice to see wayyyyy more variety on offence in the CFL now (lots of ground game some times, fullbacks or tight ends deployed, lots of long bomb throws) instead of standard, predictable same old offence out of every team in a 9 team league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    You might equate points per game as the main/only indicator of exciting or quality football Ravi, and you're well entitled to your opinion there, but again - I don't share it. While today's Labour Day game featured lots of points and was an exciting and entertaining game, there was some real bad defence from both sides that contributed to some of the scoring.

I love some of those high scoring shoot-out CFL games, but I also love tough, solid defensive football where points really have to be earned.
    Give me some 13 - 8 type defensive battle score games to go along with some 40 some to 30 some score games and a few in between as well.
    I love variety in football - so lots of varied scores would be ideal (IMO); just like it would be nice to see wayyyyy more variety on offence in the CFL now (lots of ground game some times, fullbacks or tight ends deployed, lots of long bomb throws) instead of standard, predictable same old offence out of every team in a 9 team league.
    I think that we have seen a little of everything so far this season, OV. Just look at the last two Argos games. The B.C. game was the lowest scoring game of the season but I also thought it was a terrific game played at a high intensity. The Labour Day game was a very exciting one with lots of big plays.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force