Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Another crazy finish. Stamps and Rider west final. As it should be!

I agree. I have nothing really against BC, except for the fact that many of them apparently don't like Toronto.

So screw them !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    B.C. seemed to be in control of this game just like Montreal was in theirs and somehow the Riders come back and win. Actually, the "somehow" is Darian Durant, plain and simple. I don't get why this guy gets so much heat in Saskatchewan.

Anyway, the TSN Turning Point has to be when the Lions stopped Sheets on a third and short in Saskatchewan's end of the field late in the third quarter with the score 24-16 in B.C.'s favour. The offence couldn't do anything with that turnover, McCallum punted for a single point, and it was all downhill from there for the Lions.

BTW, what horrible clock management by the Lions in the final half minute of the game. I have been bemoaning this for the last couple of years but it burns me to see how the art of clock management has been lost in this league. Ron Lancaster must be rolling in his grave. Three plays in 28 seconds?!!! You have to be kidding me.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 11-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I heard Ricky Foley's name a lot this game for the Riders, and it was all positive. Makes me wonder if the Argos were too hasty in letting him go.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    I heard Ricky Foley's name a lot this game for the Riders, and it was all positive. Makes me wonder if the Argos were too hasty in letting him go.
    The Argos didn't let him go; Foley left Toronto willingly. He is probably getting paid more in Regina and he was not comfortable in the defensive system in Toronto. One name I didn't hear much for the Riders today was Alex Hall.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I know that there is a lot of resentment/jealousy out there regarding the Riders and their fanbase, but I hope they make it to the Grey Cup game. It would have been terrible if we hadn't made it last year, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

So... let's not finish this game too strongly, BC!
    Agree. I think it would be great for Saskatchewanians to see their team in there and the fanbase has earned it. They were down in attendance today but that's partly because they've set the bar so high all season. Love to see an Argo / Rider final.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    Love to see an Argo / Rider final.
    That would be terrific.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Toronto and Calgary final. I don't want the Riders anywhere near the final. Hate all of their young hopped up on Pil (piss) fans. Too many tools!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    would LOVE a rematch. TO/Cal has a such a great GC history would love another to add to the lore.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    B.C. seemed to be in control of this game just like Montreal was in theirs and somehow the Riders come back and win. Actually, the "somehow" is Darian Durant, plain and simple. I don't get why this guy gets so much heat in Saskatchewan.
    Couldn't agree more, Ravi. I have always thought highly of him, and don't understand the criticism he gets not just in Saskatchewan, but on this forum as well.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Where was the middle of the Lions D late in the game?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Where was the middle of the Lions D late in the game?
    Solomon Elimimian was injured and I guess that they did not have suitable depth. Rich Stubler is getting a lot of heat from Lions fans today for not having an answer and even one of his players alluded to a scheme that was more about playing not to lose instead of playing to win although that "bend but don't break" style has been Stubler's calling card for years.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Level
    Solomon Elimimian was injured and I guess that they did not have suitable depth. Rich Stubler is getting a lot of heat from Lions fans today for not having an answer and even one of his players alluded to a scheme that was more about playing not to lose instead of playing to win although that "bend but don't break" style has been Stubler's calling card for years.
    Bighill is not a drop-off, and the Lions were doing a very good job spying and shutting down Sheets. DD said in the post game that the Lions D were playing zone and leaving the middle open so all he had to do was to avoid the initial rush and there would be tons of room to run.
    For the WF, does Calgary spy DD as well as Sheets? Does that open other things up for other people? Don't know, but what I do know is that the game will be another slobber-knocker right to the end of the game. Praying for a Rider win, but it will be tough!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
    Bighill is not a drop-off, and the Lions were doing a very good job spying and shutting down Sheets. DD said in the post game that the Lions D were playing zone and leaving the middle open so all he had to do was to avoid the initial rush and there would be tons of room to run.
    For the WF, does Calgary spy DD as well as Sheets? Does that open other things up for other people? Don't know, but what I do know is that the game will be another slobber-knocker right to the end of the game. Praying for a Rider win, but it will be tough!
    Haven't they been using BOTH Bighill and Elimimian? I think that Anton Mackenzie was the one filling in for Elimimian but he is simply not the same player. Regardless, Saskatchewan fans should be kissing Durant's feet today instead of calling for Drew Willy or Tito Sunseri to be the starter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm definitely not with the pitchfork mob screaming about that missed P.I. on McCollough at the end of regulation. Sure, it looked like P.I. in slo-mo, but I didn't think so in real time, so I have no problem how the officials saw that play (words which may come back to haunt me). The Als also had plenty of time and opportunity to put that game away, especially since they had the wind in the 4th quarter.

These two games also showed that, all things being equal, in crunch time it's better to have great quarterbacking than anything else. The Ticats got it from Burris going into the wind late in regulation and from LeFevour in overtime. And Durant put his team on his back in the 4th quarter and won the game, totally negating the Lions having pounded out 200+ yards on the ground.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Elimimian - great player - was a loss that hurt their D some perhaps, but McKenzie is a vet solid replacement and they shut down Sheets pretty well anyways. It was shades of 07 to me when the Riders won in large part (IMO) due to a big strong running QB and that same QB draw play - and BC got beat by it repeatedly late in the game just as Kerry Joseph was beating Ds with that play over & over again for the Riders back in 07. Very poor defence - Duane Forde was moaning some like "so obvious" after it worked once again ; Stubler shoulda known better - just have Bighill totally spy Durant and smoke him with a big hit after he clears the D-Line. BC's vet D held so much promise - to me - to be a dominant CFL D the past couple of years with all the talent & experience, but they just couldn't get it done very often - let down a surprisingly smart & diverse offensive effort vs. the Riders (lots of run with a 2 back attack, and spread the ball around in the passing game).

I thought the Riders were going to go to the GC after the first half of this season - plenty of talent & experience in both O & D, but now I doubt they can beat the Stamps (if a QB draw by Durant is that team's big offensive weapon (along with Dressler who is outstanding) and Cortez abandons the run like he has at times) - the Stumps have the better offensive potential i think and are playing at home, with maybe the best kicking game the CFL has seen in a long time (Riders not too shabby in that department either though).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Elimimian - great player - was a loss that hurt their D some perhaps, but McKenzie is a vet solid replacement and they shut down Sheets pretty well anyways. It was shades of 07 to me when the Riders won in large part (IMO) due to a big strong running QB and that same QB draw play - and BC got beat by it repeatedly late in the game just as Kerry Joseph was beating Ds with that play over & over again for the Riders back in 07. Very poor defence - Duane Forde was moaning some like "so obvious" after it worked once again ; Stubler shoulda known better - just have Bighill totally spy Durant and smoke him with a big hit after he clears the D-Line. BC's vet D held so much promise - to me - to be a dominant CFL D the past couple of years with all the talent & experience, but they just couldn't get it done very often - let down a surprisingly smart & diverse offensive effort vs. the Riders (lots of run with a 2 back attack, and spread the ball around in the passing game).

I thought the Riders were going to go to the GC after the first half of this season - plenty of talent & experience in both O & D, but now I doubt they can beat the Stamps (if a QB draw by Durant is that team's big offensive weapon (along with Dressler who is outstanding) and Cortez abandons the run like he has at times) - the Stumps have the better offensive potential i think and are playing at home, with maybe the best kicking game the CFL has seen in a long time (Riders not too shabby in that department either though).
    Wasn't Bighill spying Sheets though? That might have been a contributing factor to Durant having all of those openings. The Lions' defence is starting to look a little long in the tooth. I think that we will see more changes than is usually the case in B.C. this off-season. I agree with you, OV, that Calgary should end the Riders' season but Saskatchewan tends to play with a lot of confidence against the Stamps.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wasn't Bighill spying Sheets though? That might have been a contributing factor to Durant having all of those openings. The Lions' defence is starting to look a little long in the tooth. I think that we will see more changes than is usually the case in B.C. this off-season. I agree with you, OV, that Calgary should end the Riders' season but Saskatchewan tends to play with a lot of confidence against the Stamps.
    The numbers say the Stamps should win, but you never know what kind magic will happen at Christmas Stadium!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    ugly game. but the Cats came through it largely unscathed. time to lick some pussies next Sunday.
    Rob Ford shares your enthusiasm for beating Hamilton.