Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I was able to watch the 2nd half of the Dunsmore Cup in French, how did Sportsnet (which I don't subscribe to) get to televise the CIS playoffs over TSN? Since when did they care about Canadian football? I imagine I will be watching the Vanier Cup in French as well if they televise it.

Sportsnet bought The Score - which used to carry OUA games and CIS play-offs; I don't get Sportsnet 360 on my Rogers package - had to go out to a local pub to watch today's Yates (but bonus - got them to put on both games on TVs side by side, so saw the far better Laval/Carabins game as well.

And IMO - sad that CIS football is not getting national TV coverage - we used to be able to see most or all CIS play-off games of all the conferences; now, we don't get to see either of the Can West or Atlantic Bowl games - not good enough coverage. And I believe it's Sportsnet 360 (not on basic TV) only that will be showing the semi between Western & Calgary and the French CBC (SRC) will be showing the other semi (?) The Vanier only shown by SRC for a true national broadcast of the Vanier this year ? - i hope not = that would be real lame.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Yes .... Sportsnet/Rogers ..... Have a contract with CIS sports in general meaning that it will cover all sports ....volleyball, basketball , field hockey etc. It includes football in Ont and all the playoff bowl games. The local television rights .... shaw for the CW, SRC for the Q and Eastlink for the AUS still have jurisdiction over their regions for football. As for the Vanier, Laval is managing the game this year, so Sportsnet may be out of the picture. It is sad for CIS that there isn't a true national coverage for the football program . As it is Sportsnet 360, subscribers have to buy the extra package to view these sports. Not great for promoting university sports. ...... Good thing we can see the NCAA sports easier .....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Game conditions can be the determining factor for BC and Sask. They are predicting the first real 'CFL Tough' game of the year for the West Semi - temperature should be -10 or lower with a north wind exceeding 30 km/h . These conditions make it a real crap shoot, and almost too close to call, but with this weather, I have to lean towards the veteran presence on gang green.
    For the final game at Alumni Stadium, again I go with the vets, this time on the defense of Montreal, in another close game. I can't see smilin' Hank and Clark Gable having their way against the Larks D.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Regarding the semi-final games in the CFL this weekend, I have agonized over my picks as I still have a chance to win the oldest CFL prediction pool on the web if I can go 5-0 in the playoffs. My gut is telling me Montreal and B.C. but I ultimately decided to go with Hamilton and the Lions. With the western game, the Riders have not played well over the second half of the season (3-6 record), especially on offence. The only real accomplishment of the second half of the season for Saskatchewan was beating the Lions convincingly on two occasions. However, B.C. was without Travis Lulay for both of those games and turned over the ball 8 times in the second of those games. I don't see the Lions playing that poorly again against the Riders. Hamilton did beat Montreal twice but mostly because the Als self-destructed in those games. I have some real reservations about picking the Ticats but would prefer to see a Hamilton/Toronto EF for the first time in 27 years and am going with my "heart" on that game instead of my head or gut. Henry Burris has to play much better than he has against the Als this year for the Ticats to win that game IMO.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Sportsnet bought The Score - which used to carry OUA games and CIS play-offs; I don't get Sportsnet 360 on my Rogers package - had to go out to a local pub to watch today's Yates (but bonus - got them to put on both games on TVs side by side, so saw the far better Laval/Carabins game as well.

And IMO - sad that CIS football is not getting national TV coverage - we used to be able to see most or all CIS play-off games of all the conferences; now, we don't get to see either of the Can West or Atlantic Bowl games - not good enough coverage. And I believe it's Sportsnet 360 (not on basic TV) only that will be showing the semi between Western & Calgary and the French CBC (SRC) will be showing the other semi (?) The Vanier only shown by SRC for a true national broadcast of the Vanier this year ? - i hope not = that would be real lame.
    OV I commend you sir for attending your local public to catch the games. The coverage this year is really disappointing for me since I was unable to make it out to any games. CIS sports in general really does not get the coverage it deserves in this country.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    Game conditions can be the determining factor for BC and Sask. They are predicting the first real 'CFL Tough' game of the year for the West Semi - temperature should be -10 or lower with a north wind exceeding 30 km/h . These conditions make it a real crap shoot, and almost too close to call, but with this weather, I have to lean towards the veteran presence on gang green.
    For the final game at Alumni Stadium, again I go with the vets, this time on the defense of Montreal, in another close game. I can't see smilin' Hank and Clark Gable having their way against the Larks D.
    The weather in Guelph could also be a factor...Clark Gable.....that will be on my mind every time he touches the ball today, good one!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I want the Ti-Cats to win, not because I root for the Ti-Cats (they can all burn in hell), but I think a Argos vs Ti-Cat east final would be way more exciting than Argos vs Montreal. I imagine Hamiltonians will all migrate to the Robbers Center on the 17th and help fill it up. The dome would be rocking.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Crazy game in Guelph. Wind is causing havoc with kicks. Two missed FGs by Alouettes. Get a feeling that will come back t haunt them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Crazy game in Guelph. Wind is causing havoc with kicks. Two missed FGs by Alouettes. Get a feeling that will come back t haunt them.
    With 5 missed field goals in a row, including 2 in this game, Sean Whyte's confidence has to be at an all-time low and his kicking or lack of it could end up being the story of the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    After that short punt by Montreal and the missed field goals, I've changed my mind. The wind may end up being the Most Valuable Player of the game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Crazy game indeed. Half the possessions have started at midfield and there's only two points on the board.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Did the TSN feed drop at some point? ESPN3's re-broadcast died for a little while.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing but Hamilton has managed to squander their fair share of opportunities too. Why would Austin not call a timeout late in the second quarter? I have noticed that head coaches seem reluctant to use their first half timeout now since they changed the rule prior to the start of this season where you can push that timeout to the second half. I thought that Milanovich erred by not using his first half timeout in each of the last two games against Winnipeg as it prevented the Argos from scoring more points.

Also, does anyone get the feeling right now that Popp is outcoaching Austin? Austin has made a couple of curious calls on third and short. I liked his decision to go for the TD but the playcall was terrible IMO.

Anyway, for a 2-0 game, there has been no shortage of drama and excitement so far.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Did the TSN feed drop at some point? ESPN3's re-broadcast died for a little while.
    No, there hasn't been any problem with the TSN feed so far.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Very tough kicking and passing into that gale wind; the Ticats have no clue about a run game when passing is so mitigated by the elements; the Als do, at times (should have Messam in some to pound the run game to go along with Sutton - 2 powerful backs who can grind it staight ahead); the Als have the way better D IMO; the Als should have a 10 point lead by now though. Kicking game (Ticats coulda easily scored a TD on that blocked punt). or a big play on D might easily win this game. 2-o hockey game score at the half in a play-off game? - all-time low type number?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks, Ravi. I shouldn't necessarily blame ESPN - it could have been a Comcast or local issue. Anyway, it's fine now.

I love foul weather games. This has been fun to watch!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Very tough kicking and passing into that gale wind; the Ticats have no clue about a run game when passing is so mitigated by the elements; the Als do, at times (should have Messam in some to pound the run game to go along with Sutton - 2 powerful backs who can grind it staight ahead); the Als have the way better D IMO; the Als should have a 10 point lead by now though. Kicking game (Ticats coulda easily scored a TD on that blocked punt). or a big play on D might easily win this game. 2-o hockey game score at the half in a play-off game? - all-time low type number?
    Your criticism of Kent Austin seems to be justified, OV. Austin simply cannot solve the Montreal defence. This is an odd thing to say in a 3 point game but unless the Als self-destruct in the fourth quarter as they have previously against the Ticats this year, it looks like they will be the Argos' opponent in the East Final for the eighth time in twelve years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Winston Venable has a big interception near the end of the third quarter. A true game of twists and turns.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With the lead and the big wind in the fourth quarter, its Montreal's game to win as evidenced by Dale's 65 yard punt to start the quarter.
    Last edited by jerrym; 11-10-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Your criticism of Kent Austin seems to be justified, OV. Austin simply cannot solve the Montreal defence. This is an odd thing to say in a 3 point game but unless the Als self-destruct in the fourth quarter as they have previously against the Ticats this year, it looks like they will be the Argos' opponent in the East Final for the eighth time in twelve years.
    Austin and his simpleton offence might have had the advantage on a fast track, but the all-pass offence gets hampered by the wind, and the Ticats really don't have that strong a receiving corps anyways, plus Blank Burris can be counted on for some mistakes. Popp is kinda clueless at O too IMO, and the Als have been hurt by fumbles and dropped passes (Bowling a real goat IMO if they lose this game - fumbles the ball away and drops a sure big gainer pass right in his hands); Smith still raw at QB and zeroes in too much on his fave targets - Green & Carter = Als offence just not diverse enough - why no short passes to big-target sure hand receivers like DesLauriers (is he even playing?) or Lavoie; no use of a big power run game with Messam, and why is an athletic, mobile QB like Smith not rolling out with run options ?