Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Frank Zicarelli of the Sun interviews Neiko Thorpe and Wayne Smith here: http://video.sports.canoe.ca/video/h.../2839222276001

It sounds like Thorpe is available to play after his scary injury against Winnipeg.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    If Norwood is used intelligently (which assumes, at the minimum, that the run game is not ignored or abandoned without cause), and Norwood can at least match the production of Gable (whatever that may be), then I'd tend to like the Argos chances.

I expect Norwood and the O Line to have a good game. OTOH, I remain concerned about the Argos D.

Go Argos!
    Correct Argo, I think most peoples concerns rest with how our D will perform, even though I predicted that "Gods Team" and Reigning World Champion Toronto Argonauts will win our defence continues to make me nervous!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Frank Zicarelli of the Sun interviews Neiko Thorpe and Wayne Smith here: http://video.sports.canoe.ca/video/h.../2839222276001

It sounds like Thorpe is available to play after his scary injury against Winnipeg.
    Sounds good to me. I was impressed by the way Thorpe played in that game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Sounds good to me. I was impressed by the way Thorpe played in that game.
    Most of the talk in the media and on here has been about who will be lining up in the receiving corps (Barnes vs. Bryant, in particular). However, we really don't know who the Argos will play on defence. Will Thorpe play? I suspect that he will but I am not sure. How about Jamie Robinson? Where does he fit into the defence? How about the defensive line? Does Aaron Maybin play? How about Jonathan Williams?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    As per TSN, McCune practiced lightly today but didn't take first team reps. LBs were Ball-Yurichuk-Horton and both Thomas and Maybin took first team reps on the DL. Personnel-wise I think we'll be OK (especially if McCune can go), but we'll be using some pretty inexperienced guys. I hope Hamilton's three-headed-QB approach doesn't cause too much confusion...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Odd that the TSN article does not list Owens in the receiving core. As for McCune it says here he starts. Look forward to Hogans pre game show to get the correct lineup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Most of the talk in the media and on here has been about who will be lining up in the receiving corps (Barnes vs. Bryant, in particular). However, we really don't know who the Argos will play on defence. Will Thorpe play? I suspect that he will but I am not sure. How about Jamie Robinson? Where does he fit into the defence? How about the defensive line? Does Aaron Maybin play? How about Jonathan Williams?
    Please Ravi, we don't want too much detail when it comes to the Argos..

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Firstly I've been down all week about not attending. Nice to be back in Ontario but coming to zero work just to get out on Duncan BC hasn't been easy. Hopefully work goes well next spring and now that my wife has landed a great job we'll be good for seasons next year. Having said that we'll be infront of the tube for both of our games.
    I'm nervous and can't help but think that Hamilton plays us tough. Hopefully McCune is healthy and our D can play well and smart. Even if the O struggles at times we need the D to stop taking multiple huge bad penalties that allow drives to continue. If Ricky gets protection, and the D plays smart we should be ok. This game should be a crazy back and forth classic.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Getting pumped for this!! It will be my first playoff game for any professional sport. My brother and I will look the part, donning blue face paint and Argo tees. The crowd should be great, and I'm prepared to blow my voice out cheering to drown out the visiting fans of Hamilton.

ARRRRRRRGOOOOOS!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I'm nervous and can't help but think that Hamilton plays us tough. Hopefully McCune is healthy and our D can play well and smart. Even if the O struggles at times we need the D to stop taking multiple huge bad penalties that allow drives to continue. If Ricky gets protection, and the D plays smart we should be ok. This game should be a crazy back and forth classic.
    To paraphrase some of what you are saying here, the Argos can't beat themselves as they did in the previous two games against Hamilton. How many major fouls and offside penalties did they take in those two games? Far too many. If they can be more disciplined, that will go a long way towards winning the game tomorrow.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    There are some interesting choices on the depth chart.

With Washington and Van Zeyl at tackle, we're back to something similar to last year's playoff O-Line. Rogers won't dress. The rest of the offense is as normal; we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see whether Bryant or Barnes is on the 42.

Defensively, Maybin gets the nod at DE and Thomas is listed as a backup DT. McCune apparently *is* significantly hurt: he isn't on the roster. Horton, somewhat surprisingly, is listed as our MLB. The secondary will be Watkins-Thorpe-Black-Robinson-Lawrence, which looks pretty good. It looks like Thorpe has officially taken Carter's job. I thought we might dress Colclough against his old team, but apparently not.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    There are some interesting choices on the depth chart.

With Washington and Van Zeyl at tackle, we're back to something similar to last year's playoff O-Line. Rogers won't dress. The rest of the offense is as normal; we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see whether Bryant or Barnes is on the 42.

Defensively, Maybin gets the nod at DE and Thomas is listed as a backup DT. McCune apparently *is* significantly hurt: he isn't on the roster. Horton, somewhat surprisingly, is listed as our MLB. The secondary will be Watkins-Thorpe-Black-Robinson-Lawrence, which looks pretty good. It looks like Thorpe has officially taken Carter's job. I thought we might dress Colclough against his old team, but apparently not.
    Obviously, McCune's absence is going to be a significant pain point, and yours truly is more worried than ever.
    AFAIK, Bryant is faster, so I'd prefer to see him start instead of Barnes.
    Washington starting: good, IMO.
    Maybin Mayhem, i.e., let's see some.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The loss of McCune could be really big. I doubt Horton will play the middle much. I expect we will see a lot of stunts with linebackers blitzing and d-linemen dropping back.

The depth chart shows 20 imports and 23 non-imports, which means one import and three NIs will not dress. I predict we will dress both Bryant and Barnes, and the import not dressed will be either Thomas or Williams on the d-line. Among the NIs, I think we will sit Jones, Woodson and Bradwell. The three DIs will be Waters, Steele and whichever import DT dresses besides Mitchell. Of course I've been wrong before!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The loss of McCune could be really big. I doubt Horton will play the middle much. I expect we will see a lot of stunts with linebackers blitzing and d-linemen dropping back.

The depth chart shows 20 imports and 23 non-imports, which means one import and three NIs will not dress. I predict we will dress both Bryant and Barnes, and the import not dressed will be either Thomas or Williams on the d-line. Among the NIs, I think we will sit Jones, Woodson and Bradwell. The three DIs will be Waters, Steele and whichever import DT dresses besides Mitchell. Of course I've been wrong before!
    Drastically changes the look of our D, could be more vulnerable against the run.

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Don't you just love finding out one of your most important defensive players (if not THE most important) is out less than 24 hours before a playoff game?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Disappointed about the injury to McCune. Time for Pottinger to play huge...he's been waiting for a chance all year!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Disappointed about the injury to McCune. Time for Pottinger to play huge...he's been waiting for a chance all year!
    Pottinger can play, thank goodness, but there's nothing good about McCune being a late scratch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

Honestly, after reading earlier in the week that McCune wasn't practising much, if at all, I have been assuming that he wouldn't play tomorrow. He probably separated or dislocated his shoulder against Winnipeg although he did finish that game. I was thinking last night that if McCune doesn't play, that Bryant might very well make it onto the 42 player roster as I expect non-imports Yurichuk and Pottinger to get the bulk of the snaps at MLB on Sunday. McCune's absence is not ideal but he missed one of the four road games back in September and the defence was able to manage without him so hopefully they will be okay without him tomorrow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With McCune out, I expect the Ticats to challenge us early with the ground game to see if they can penetrate the line for good sized gains.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I like see Washington's name on the depth chart as I thought he did a great job last year. I just hope he doesn't have too much rust from not playing that much this year.
    Maybin showed a lot of promise in the season finale but also showed he is still green. The Ticats could try to exploit him on the run because of his slender body and his eagerness to rush the QB.