Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    ^Because Santa is good...and doesn't smoke crack
    We hope. I can remember when in Public School Santa had a little too many glasses of courage before coming in.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I have no problem with him going to the Argonauts game. I'm not sticking up for him I'm refuting what people are saying about how the crowd reacted to him with facts.
    Like ArgoGabe22 has already pointed out, your facts being the short CP24 clip may not tell the whole story. Were you sitting in the same section as Rob Ford? Also please see this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Like ArgoGabe22 has already pointed out, your facts being the short CP24 clip may not tell the whole story. Were you sitting in the same section as Rob Ford? Also please see this.
    Fair enough but we have CP24, Global News & the Toronto Sun reporting the same thing:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/17...-at-argos-game

http://globalnews.ca/news/972542/may...onto-cfl-game/

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford-unlike...wyer-1.1546990

So I'm going to say that these 3 news sources outweigh what 1 poster is saying.

As to the Multi Quote feature it doesn't work well when posting from my phone.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Because The Globe, Star and CP 24 were all at the game sitting next to Ford? A few fans I know were there and I'll take their word over a few who were interviewed outside the stadium. At this point I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore. What does this have to do with anything?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Because The Globe, Star and CP 24 were all at the game sitting next to Ford? A few fans I know were there and I'll take their word over a few who were interviewed outside the stadium. At this point I'm not even sure what we're discussing anymore. What does this have to do with anything?
    Yes some of them were there with him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Ford is a train wreck. So what if some people liked seeing him yesterday? I suspect that a lot of people wanted to have their picture taken with this train wreck so that they could brag about it to their friends on Facebook. After all, Ford has become the latest reality TV star in North America if not the world.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    For the record, If I had a second chance and not stupidly acted on impulse, I would have done the smart thing and just avoided him altogether. I basically added to what he was seeking to gain--attention. I was pissed that he decided to put himself in the spotlight and take away from what was going on on the field. And admittedly, I was in a foul mood due to the result of the game.

I don't think what I did was over the top as some are pouring on here, but I shouldn't have stooped to that level. It's not the first time I've heckled him (I have booed him at OVFL games as I sat right behind him) and likely won't be the last, but for the first time, there was anger in my words.

I also agree with those that say if he really wanted to attend, he should have rented a box, or a hotel room with a view (although that probably would have added tons of speculation).

As for what is on the TV clips, again I was there. He came out from Gate 11 where 90% of the people exiting were from the Hammer, and they were all laughing really hard as they were chanting his name. He was only there for about a minute or so, as his security and police quickly got him into his Escalade waiting for him about 50 meters from the gate. If they weren't doing it sarcastically, I'm pretty sure at least 1 person would have confronted me. None did.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Ford is a train wreck. So what if some people liked seeing him yesterday? I suspect that a lot of people wanted to have their picture taken with this train wreck so that they could brag about it to their friends on Facebook. After all, Ford has become the latest reality TV star in North America if not the world.
    Exactly. Just because people were all over him doesn't mean they support him. I'm sure if some other stupid reality show "celebrity" walked in there would have been a similar scene. If an election was held today I'd be willing to put down money that Ford would lose despite what Joe Warmington's says. Also it's interesting that he choose to sit on the visitor's side with a bunch of Hamiltonians who can't even vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Yes some of them were there with him.
    You neglected to answer my question, were you sitting in the same section as Rob Ford? Joe Warmington's article is an opinion piece. The other articles you posted basically only touch on the fact that there was a commotion when Ford was around which is not to be unexpected.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    As for what is on the TV clips, again I was there. He came out from Gate 11 where 90% of the people exiting were from the Hammer, and they were all laughing really hard as they were chanting his name. He was only there for about a minute or so, as his security and police quickly got him into his Escalade waiting for him about 50 meters from the gate. If they weren't doing it sarcastically, I'm pretty sure at least 1 person would have confronted me. None did.
    Angelo, Doug Ford told city council today that the people surrounding Rob Ford after the game were cheering him and telling him that they don't want their democratic process taken away from them. According to Doug Ford, it took Rob three hours to get out of the door after the game.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    3 hours is BS. I was among the last 1000 ticket holders to leave the building and he was nowhere in site. I walked out gate 10 and would have passed his vehicle. I left the buildiung at 4:27pm. I know that becuase I had to catch the 4:43 GO train. Doug Ford's recollection is likely full of crap. In fact, Rob Ford apparently left the game with about 1:17 left on the clock to avoid the crush according to media.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Angelo, Doug Ford told city council today that the people surrounding Rob Ford after the game were cheering him and telling him that they don't want their democratic process taken away from them. According to Doug Ford, it took Rob three hours to get out of the door after the game.
    You can't be serious. It was 180 seconds maximum.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

I agree with what Gill The Thrill said too.

But I won't be getting into any more political discussion on this thread.

I've said what I have to say on the "Advice for the Fords" thread (that thread was started by someone else), in the "Sociable" section of this forum, and if I get dragged back into that thread I may respond, but that thread and this thread are starting to grow boring and tiresome, so I won't be hanging on every word. But hey, I'm just a guest here, and that's just my opinion. It's not my call. Though as I mentioned in the "Sociable/Advice for the Fords" thread, arguing politics with your political opponents, is generally a complete waste of time.

Ka' Pla !
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 11-18-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Sperring

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    It's hard to get distance from Ford. His gut arrived at the game ten minutes before he did.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    It's hard to get distance from Ford. His gut arrived at the game ten minutes before he did.

I'm sure he apologized, ten minutes later.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Cool

Ford should eat more nuts :

Link : http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-20-18-35-25

Nov 20, 6:35 PM EST

Study ties nuts to lower cancer, heart death risk

By MARILYNN MARCHIONE
    AP Chief Medical Writer

AP Photo/Ebrahim Noroozi

Health Video

Buy AP Photo Reprints

DALLAS (AP) -- Help yourself to some nuts this holiday season: Regular nut eaters were less likely to die of cancer or heart disease - in fact, were less likely to die of any cause - during a 30-year Harvard study.

Nuts have long been called heart-healthy, and the study is the largest ever done on whether eating them affects mortality.
    Researchers tracked 119,000 men and women and found that those who ate nuts roughly every day were 20 percent less likely to die during the study period than those who never ate nuts. Eating nuts less often also appeared to lower the death risk, in direct proportion to consumption.
    The risk of dying of heart disease dropped 29 percent and the risk of dying of cancer fell 11 percent among those who had nuts seven or more times a week compared with people who never ate them.
    The benefits were seen from peanuts as well as from pistachios, almonds, walnuts and other tree nuts. The researchers did not look at how the nuts were prepared - oiled or salted, raw or roasted.
    A bonus: Nut eaters stayed slimmer.
    "There's a general perception that if you eat more nuts you're going to get fat. Our results show the opposite," said Dr. Ying Bao of Harvard-affiliated Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
    She led the study, published in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine. The National Institutes of Health and the International Tree Nut Council Nutrition Research & Education Foundation sponsored the study, but the nut group had no role in designing it or reporting the results.
    Researchers don't know why nuts may boost health. It could be that their unsaturated fatty acids, minerals and other nutrients lower cholesterol and inflammation and reduce other problems, as earlier studies seemed to show.
    Observational studies like this one can't prove cause and effect, only suggest a connection. Research on diets is especially tough, because it can be difficult to single out the effects of any one food.
    People who eat more nuts may eat them on salads, for example, and some of the benefit may come from the leafy greens, said Dr. Robert Eckel, a University of Colorado cardiologist and former president of the American Heart Association.
    Dr. Ralph Sacco, a University of Miami neurologist who also is a former heart association president, agreed.
    "Sometimes when you eat nuts you eat less of something else like potato chips," so the benefit may come from avoiding an unhealthy food, Sacco said.
    The Harvard group has long been known for solid science on diets. Its findings build on a major study earlier this year - a rigorous experiment that found a Mediterranean-style diet supplemented with nuts cuts the chance of heart-related problems, especially strokes, in older people at high risk of them.
    Many previous studies tie nut consumption to lower risks of heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer and other maladies.
    In 2003, the Food and Drug Administration said a fistful of nuts a day as part of a low-fat diet may reduce the risk of heart disease. The heart association recommends four servings of unsalted, unoiled nuts a week and warns against eating too many, since they are dense in calories.
    The new research combines two studies that started in the 1980s on 76,464 female nurses and 42,498 male health professionals. They filled out surveys on food and lifestyle habits every two to four years, including how often they ate a serving (1 ounce) of nuts.
    Study participants who often ate nuts were healthier - they weighed less, exercised more and were less likely to smoke, among other things. After taking these and other things into account, researchers still saw a strong benefit from nuts.
    Compared with people who never ate nuts, those who had them less than once a week reduced their risk of death 7 percent; once a week, 11 percent; two to four times a week, 13 percent; and seven or more times a week, 20 percent.
    "I'm very confident" the observations reflect a true benefit, Bao said. "We did so many analyses, very sophisticated ones," to eliminate other possible explanations.
    For example, they did separate analyses on smokers and non-smokers, heavy and light exercisers, and people with and without diabetes, and saw a consistent benefit from nuts.
    At a heart association conference in Dallas this week, Penny Kris-Etherton, a Pennsylvania State University nutrition scientist, reviewed previous studies on this topic.
    "We're seeing benefits of nut consumption on cardiovascular disease as well as body weight and diabetes," said Kris-Etherton, who has consulted for nut makers and also served on many scientific panels on dietary guidelines.
    "We don't know exactly what it is" about nuts that boosts health or which ones are best, she said. "I tell people to eat mixed nuts."
    ---
    Online:
    Medical Journal: http://www.nejm.org
    American Heart Association on nuts: http://bit.ly/ylTYHl
    ---

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Cool

Hat tip (H/T) to News Watch Canada.ca (http://www.newswatchcanada.ca/)

Link : http://www.newswatchcanada.ca/

Just don't inhale. Too deeply. We need room to breathe.

Ka' Pla !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Cool

" Study ties nuts to lower cancer, heart death risk "

I'm all for lowering cancer, and heart death risk.

But tying my nuts, is out of the question.

Ka' Pla !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Okay, maybe next time I should just pretend that anything he does doesn't upset me. Sorry, but I have a huge problem with drunk drivers, especially ones that laugh it off as if it was no big deal. Should I have just backed off? Probably. But sometimes we all make impulsive decisions that we likely shouldn't. I let his arrogance really get the better of me.
    No problem, just leave it to your vote in the next election, or to the police when they feel the need to intervene. I understand your anger about some of his actions, but yelling at him with profanities about it in public makes you no better than him in some respects. Stay classy, because that's one thing for sure he can never do, and he feeds off his opponents stooping down to his level.