Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Are you referring to the official Jays forum? If so, people just started trolling on there for the sake of trolling.
    Nah, i switched over to bluejaysmessageboard.com

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    i believe he's doing a much better job at mayor than the previous guy.
    Hilarious... depressingly hilarious.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Just the other day we were discussing the Argonauts giving a licking to the pussies. Talk about foreshadowing! If the Argos win, I think we actually might see similar headlines. LOL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Apparently Ford was told to wear a Ticat jersey be he was afraid it would tarnish his image!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Yes, although I suppose it's not a fair comparison since IIRC Williams was convicted and Ford hasn't even been charged.
    Ford was convicted of drunk driving in Florida in 1999.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1378946/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    On the bright side, the dark blue is slimming.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    CFL Commissioner talks about the Ticats, Argos and Rob Ford
    Why are the Ticats and Argos so important to the CFL
    CBC News Nov 15, 2013

Marc Cohon Interview Link

Ooh, Commish is kicking arse with ratings info!
    Last edited by rdavies; 11-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    CFL Commissioner talks about the Ticats, Argos and Rob Ford
    Why are the Ticats and Argos so important to the CFL
    CBC News Nov 15, 2013

Marc Cohon Interview Link

Ooh, Commish is kicking arse with ratings info!
    Good comments by Mark. I hadn't heard that 3 million alone watched the GC from the Toronto area, the rating generally just show Country wide. That is quite a statistic through the season about 1 million watch on TV and 18-20,000 go to the Games. Almost makes one think that most people don't like coming down to the RC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Good comments by Mark. I hadn't heard that 3 million alone watched the GC from the Toronto area, the rating generally just show Country wide. That is quite a statistic through the season about 1 million watch on TV and 18-20,000 go to the Games. Almost makes one think that most people don't like coming down to the RC.
    That's exactly it...they're many sports fans in the Greater Toronto Area who can't stand not just coming to the Rogers Centre but venturing near downtown and in particular the Lakefront because of the bottleneck of traffic, which makes you wonder how viable the BMO is...look at how TFC has fallen in popularity and attendance, just as I predicted it would after the initial success. Transportation, parking, concessions...the horrible statue, the the attitude of security...ever-increasing prices with each year, just a few of the reasons why people don't bother with the Rogers Centre.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronInToronto View Post
    I am not a Rob Ford supporter, but am going to state this: The Mayor's intent on wearing the jersey was most likely to draw attention to the EF this weekend. He was hoping to stir up the usual Mayoralty bet with Hamilton's Mayor. Its unfortunate it happened to be at the same time as he was veraciously defending himself, but the focus on what he was wearing is just assinine. No shock though that this would be the first time in over a decade that there was anything even remotely close to supporting or defending the Argos ever written in the Toronto Star.
    Great post, it's as if the Argos made the comment just so they could tell people that he was wearing an Argo jersey, which is fine be me...most people in Toronto would probably have no clue, especially if they are Toronto Star readers and only watch TV programming from Rogers-owned stations....these ass-hats would not have seen an Argo Jersey for 20 years no doubt.

PS- By the way, how are the "Rogers Jays" doing....have not heard that one in a while...Sportsnet was using that slogan for years after Rogers bought the team, but have stopped .....now calling the team by it's real name, Toronto Blue Jays. Even they noticed that attendance was in a spiral after they bought the team and realized that people did not want to be reminded of the shady sweetheart deal that Rogers got to buy the team and stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Unfortunately people make associations even though it is stupid. I really wish Ford had the brains to realize that his support of anything right now does not help that organizations image. I honestly don't care about the drugs that much. What I do care about is the lying etc. while trying to make the video disappear along with many more stupid things he has done and said. There are good people that have drug problems but Ford is not a good person. He is a spoiled rich kid that thinks he can get away with anything and he is now showing us exactly that by being to arrogant to walk away for any reasonable amount of time. Like I keep saying, there is more to come.
    If your threshold for a politician is lying then you must never vote in any elections....oh, wait,....I get it....unless they lie about the things you want them too, like our tax dollars, then it's OK right.....enjoy the Kathleen Wynne era in Ontario.

Smitherman also said he used illegal drugs, yet the Toronto Red Star did not raid his house and break into his backyard to try and find more dirt, God knows it was there...oh, I see, it's ok and politically correct to say that as a victim of being a gay white male living with privilege off the taxpayers, compared to being a suburban white male whose living off a successful private family business who was "caught" as the Star puts it, being in a picture with visible minorities whom are also residents of Toronto.

Carry on, I could play the straw man game too, calling someone....." a bad person"....ohhhhh, a bad person, you sound like you're in Grade 1.

How come we're not hearing news on the bender that Smitherman's partner had while being lost and being found near a train crossing bridge, yes that sounds like normal behaviour. ...and the media seemed more concerned with covering up details instead of hounding for a story like they've done with Ford from Day 1.....seems like illegal drugs were still part of the lifstyle of the politician that was running against Ford, so that's a saw-off....when it comes to handling my tax dollars, no contest....the residents of Toronto, especially those in former Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough chose the right guys despite his imperfections which I'm sure nobody, including you have because you're perfect right...thought so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post

Great to see Cohon pointing out how successful the CFL is in Toronto and nationally. We need more of this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    If your threshold for a politician is lying then you must never vote in any elections....oh, wait,....I get it....unless they lie about the things you want them too, like our tax dollars, then it's OK right.....enjoy the Kathleen Wynne era in Ontario.

Smitherman also said he used illegal drugs, yet the Toronto Red Star did not raid his house and break into his backyard to try and find more dirt, God knows it was there...oh, I see, it's ok and politically correct to say that as a victim of being a gay white male living with privilege off the taxpayers, compared to being a suburban white male whose living off a successful private family business who was "caught" as the Star puts it, being in a picture with visible minorities whom are also residents of Toronto.

Carry on, I could play the straw man game too, calling someone....." a bad person"....ohhhhh, a bad person, you sound like you're in Grade 1.

How come we're not hearing news on the bender that Smitherman's partner had while being lost and being found near a train crossing bridge, yes that sounds like normal behaviour. ...and the media seemed more concerned with covering up details instead of hounding for a story like they've done with Ford from Day 1.....seems like illegal drugs were still part of the lifstyle of the politician that was running against Ford, so that's a saw-off....when it comes to handling my tax dollars, no contest....the residents of Toronto, especially those in former Etobicoke, North York and Scarborough chose the right guys despite his imperfections which I'm sure nobody, including you have because you're perfect right...thought so.
    Who cares about Smitherman anymore?

As for your defense of an elected official who admits to using crack, trafficking drugs, driving drunk, and who was caught by police surveillance during office hours making apparent drug deals with a huge slimeball in a public park, what exactly does it take for you call someone a "bad person"?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Who cares about Smitherman anymore?

As for your defense of an elected official who admits to using crack, trafficking drugs, driving drunk, and who was caught by police surveillance during office hours making apparent drug deals with a huge slimeball in a public park, what exactly does it take for you call someone a "bad person"?
    A Bad Person to me is someone who misuses tax payers money, lies about it and tries to go on like nothing ever happened. I don't care what Kathaleen Wynne does in her private life, but I care that my taxes are ever increasing because of her and Dalton's follies and their Nanny State agenda. They're the real criminals here. Until Mayor Ford is convicted by the Law of the Land he should be allowed to finish his term in office and let the People of Toronto decide by their Democratic vote next October 2014. The hysterical screaming left seem to be afraid of that scenario. Gill The Thrill is my new hero.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    A Bad Person to me is someone who misuses tax payers money, lies about it and tries to go on like nothing ever happened. I don't care what Kathaleen Wynne does in her private life, but I care that my taxes are ever increasing because of her and Dalton's follies and their Nanny State agenda. They're the real criminals here. Until Mayor Ford is convicted by the Law of the Land he should be allowed to finish his term in office and let the People of Toronto decide by their Democratic vote next October 2014. The hysterical screaming left seem to be afraid of that scenario. Gill The Thrill is my new hero.
    Really? Gill The Thrill is your new hero? Even Ford's own backers have turned on him. I personally can't believe how easily so many people buy the BS of lower taxes. The Conservatives have been in federal power for quite some time now. I sure as hell haven't seen my taxes come down over that time. But I have seen a lot more companies given the green light to outsource their work to countries where they can pay their employees about a third or less than what they would need to pay their employees here in Canada. That means people here lose their jobs. People like the Fords can talk about employment being down, but that is so misleading because people that had jobs paying decent salaries with benefits are now working for $10-12 an hour with no benefits. The entire middle class is being wiped out. Furthermore, wasn't it the Conservatives that originally introduced the GST? How is that saving taxpayers money?

I have no political affiliation. At least McGuinty stepped down when he screwed up royally. Why can't Ford have the same sense, and stop embarrassing Toronto?

And as for you not caring what Wynne does in her personal life, I call B.S. on that. Why would you have even brought it up otherwise? She's not being investigated fo anything.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Really? Gill The Thrill is your new hero? Even Ford's own backers have turned on him. I personally can't believe how easily so many people buy the BS of lower taxes. The Conservatives have been in federal power for quite some time now. I sure as hell haven't seen my taxes come down over that time. But I have seen a lot more companies given the green light to outsource their work to countries where they can pay their employees about a third or less than what they would need to pay their employees here in Canada. That means people here lose their jobs. People like the Fords can talk about employment being down, but that is so misleading because people that had jobs paying decent salaries with benefits are now working for $10-12 an hour with no benefits. The entire middle class is being wiped out. Furthermore, wasn't it the Conservatives that originally introduced the GST? How is that saving taxpayers money?

I have no political affiliation. At least McGuinty stepped down when he screwed up royally. Why can't Ford have the same sense, and stop embarrassing Toronto?

And as for you not caring what Wynne does in her personal life, I call B.S. on that. Why would you have even brought it up otherwise? She's not being investigated fo anything.
    The GST was reduced from 7% to 5%. (After that Ontario brought in the HST)

Personal income tax rates were reduced.

The government has no say in what companies do when it comes to hiring and firing their employees. Although companies are more likely to stay in countries that have lower income tax rates which is why the corporate income tax rates were lowered and payroll taxes removed.

P.S. Katherine Wynne is being investigated, the OPP searched her office a few days ago. The numerous scandals are beginning to catch up with her and her corrupt government.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    It sounds as though the current defence of Mayor Ford is "Well... other people have been bad too!" While others have also made mistakes, Ford's spectacular ones have put him among the most famous Canadians of the 21st century.

How is this not a terrible thing? It doesn't matter what he has or has not accomplished - he needs to go away.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Scandal-plagued Toronto Mayor Rob Ford caused a bit of a stir Sunday when he showed up at a CFL game to cheer on his hometown team.Ford donned a Toronto Argonauts jersey and even posed for pictures with fans before heading inside to watch the team take on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for a berth in the Nov. 24 Grey Cup in Regina.
    Read More: Bobby Moynihan parodies Toronto Mayor Rob Ford on ‘Saturday Night Live’
    Fans gathered around the controversial mayor as he took his seat, shaking his hand and giving him high-fives while those sitting behind him looked angry at having their view blocked by the commotion.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/972542/may...onto-cfl-game/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argos were winning until Ford showed up.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Argos were winning until Ford showed up.

Unless you actually think that was the reason for our loss.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022