Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    They just showed Mayor Ford at the Argonauts game on CP24. He received a very warm reception. He was being cheered and the crowd was chanting his name as he left after the game.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford-unlikl...wyer-1.1546990

(It's about half way down the article)
    Last edited by Neely2005; 11-17-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    They just showed Mayor Ford at the Argonauts game on CP24. He received a very warm reception. He was being cheered and the crowd was chanting his name as he left after the game.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ford-unlikl...wyer-1.1546990

(It's about half way down the article)
    Sorry Dude, I was there at the time. People were laughing at him as they were chanting his name. He was sitting on the Ticats side and they were mostly Ti-Cats fans chanting his name. I got really close to him and we made eye contact as I was calling him an A**hole. He sure wasn't smiling when I asked him if he had killed anyone this week as he was put into his Escalade by 4 cops and a couple of his personal security.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Sorry Dude, I was there at the time. People were laughing at him as they were chanting his name. He was sitting on the Ticats side and they were mostly Ti-Cats fans chanting his name. I got really close to him and we made eye contact as I was calling him an A**hole. He sure wasn't smiling when I asked him if he had killed anyone this week as he was put into his Escalade by 4 cops and a couple of his personal security.
    Well, aren't you just the reflection of class that you wish the mayor had.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Personal income tax rates were reduced.
    Really? I look closely at my pay stubs all the time. I'd like to see where my personal income tax has been reduced. Maybe personal income tax has been reduced for CEO that make 7 digit salaries, but not for the middle class.

The government has no say in what companies do when it comes to hiring and firing their employees. Although companies are more likely to stay in countries that have lower income tax rates which is why the corporate income tax rates were lowered and payroll taxes removed.
    That's a load of B.S. Prior to the Free Trade agreement that Mulroony brought in, this would not have been allowed.

P.S. Katherine Wynne is being investigated, the OPP searched her office a few days ago. The numerous scandals are beginning to catch up with her and her corrupt government.
    What is she being investigated on? Not conforming to the sexual lifestyle preference that the hard core conservative think should be forced upon everyone? Unlike the Harper government lying through their teeth about not using one of their own members (Duffy) as a scapegoat to their corrupt ways? Or purposely discharging members of the military months before they have enough service to qualify for a pension after the put their lives on the line for their country?

As I said, McGuinty is a worm. I hate the fact that he quit rather than face the music on his mistakes. But at least I'm honest enough to find issues in a "leader" no matter what his affiliation. Hard core conservatives refuse to do that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Well, aren't you just the reflection of class that you wish the mayor had.
    Anyone that admits to drinking and driving (on multiple occasions) doesn't deserve to be treated with class. Or are you ok with this sort of thing that kills hundreds of people weekly?
    Last edited by AngeloV; 11-17-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Anyone that admits to drinking and driving (on multiple occasions) doesn't deserve to be treated with class. Or are you ok with this sort of thing that kills hundreds of people weekly?
    Right, you just keep telling yourself that to make you feel less like our idiot Mayor Rob Ford.

Don't ask me what I feel right about, I'm not the one yelling profanities and acting like a buffoon in public. You might have more in common with Ford than you think.
    Last edited by argos1873; 11-17-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Right, you just keep telling yourself that to make you feel less like our idiot Mayor Rob Ford.

Don't ask me what I feel right about, I'm not the one yelling profanities and acting like a buffoon in public. You might have more in common with Ford than you think.
    Okay, maybe next time I should just pretend that anything he does doesn't upset me. Sorry, but I have a huge problem with drunk drivers, especially ones that laugh it off as if it was no big deal. Should I have just backed off? Probably. But sometimes we all make impulsive decisions that we likely shouldn't. I let his arrogance really get the better of me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The video that CP24 showed last night disagrees with your assessment and CP24 is very anti Rob Ford.

I don't know what's more embarrassing the fact that you did that or that you're proud of it.

I thought that the Ticat fans in our section were bad but I'm certainly glad that my family wasn't exposed to you.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The video that CP24 showed last night disagrees with your assessment and CP24 is very anti Rob Ford.

I don't know what's more embarrassing the fact that you did that or that you're proud of it.

I thought that the Ticat fans in our section were bad but I'm certainly glad that my family wasn't exposed to you.
    Don't fall for a 5 sec clip that the media shows, thinking that small time frame represents the whole time he was there.

Seriously, we have all heard and seen worse so please refrain from making personal attacks.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Don't fall for a 5 sec clip that the media shows, thinking that small time frame represents the whole time he was there.

Seriously, we have all heard and seen worse so please refrain from making personal attacks.
    Please the fact that CP24 of all places is showing something positive about the mayor says it all. They're so far to the Left that they hosted a weekly TV show with David Miller.

That's ironic since the poster in question was personally attacking the mayor.

Another account of the mayors visit to the game:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/17...-at-argos-game

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Please the fact that CP24 of all places is showing something positive about the mayor says it all. They're so far to the Left that they hosted a weekly TV show with David Miller.

That's ironic since the poster in question was personally attacking the mayor.

Another account of the mayors visit to the game:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/17...-at-argos-game
    So you think what the Mayor did was appropriate? For someone that claims to not be a Ford supporter you sure stand up for him quite a bit. In my opinion he should have rented out a box and stayed out of the spot light. Unfortunately he is enjoying all the attention even though the majority is negative. There appears to be something psychologically wrong with the guy. After today he will be Mayor in title alone and have no real power anymore anyway. What AngeloV did was not the smartest move but in the big scheme of things extremely minor. Comparing his actions to those of Ford's is ridiculous.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 11-18-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was thinking before the game that if Ford were to show up that, yes, renting out a box would have been the most appropriate tactic.
    Last edited by Will; 11-18-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    At least he avoided the Santa Claus parade...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Really? I look closely at my pay stubs all the time. I'd like to see where my personal income tax has been reduced. Maybe personal income tax has been reduced for CEO that make 7 digit salaries, but not for the middle class.

That's a load of B.S. Prior to the Free Trade agreement that Mulroony brought in, this would not have been allowed.

What is she being investigated on? Not conforming to the sexual lifestyle preference that the hard core conservative think should be forced upon everyone? Unlike the Harper government lying through their teeth about not using one of their own members (Duffy) as a scapegoat to their corrupt ways? Or purposely discharging members of the military months before they have enough service to qualify for a pension after the put their lives on the line for their country?

As I said, McGuinty is a worm. I hate the fact that he quit rather than face the music on his mistakes. But at least I'm honest enough to find issues in a "leader" no matter what his affiliation. Hard core conservatives refuse to do that.
    I'm not sure you understand how Income Tax works. Everyone taxed @ X % on the first X of income. Then at X % at the next X of income. Then at X % at the next X of income... The Rate goes Up each braket the higher that you go. So everyone is taxed at the same Rates. They lowered the Rate on the Low end for everyone.

What does Free Trade have to do with the government telling companies what they can do with their staff? We live in a democracy not a communist country. The government can't tell companies to hire or fire people.

Kathleen Wynne is under investigation for the Gas Plant scandal. You may have heard that she wasted Over a Billion dollars of tax payers money in order to save to Liberal seats in the election:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11...-plant-emails/

I guess the Liberals are going to escape criminal charges on the OLG, E-health, G20 and Ornge Air scandals though:

http://jackandcokewithalime.blogspot...er-dalton.html

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ok guys, this isn't supposed to be a political debate.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    Good point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So you think what the Mayor did was appropriate? For someone that claims to not be a Ford supporter you sure stand up for him quite a bit. In my opinion he should have rented out a box and stayed out of the spot light. Unfortunately he is enjoying all the attention even though the majority is negative. There appears to be something psychologically wrong with the guy. After today he will be Mayor in title alone and have no real power anymore anyway. What AngeloV did was not the smartest move but in the big scheme of things extremely minor. Comparing his actions to those of Ford's is ridiculous.
    I have no problem with him going to the Argonauts game. I'm not sticking up for him I'm refuting what people are saying about how the crowd reacted to him with facts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Ok guys, this isn't supposed to be a political debate.
    Fair enough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    How do you know he didn't play Santa Claus and come in to the game afterwards.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    ^Because Santa is good...and doesn't smoke crack