Reply to Thread
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Rumour mill has Burke, Creehan heading to T.O.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...medium=twitter

I would take Burke, but Creehan can stay away...far, far away!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I would take Burke too, and maybe he would bring the same type of aggressive D he had in Winnipeg.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This is why it's so hard to predict what the hell is going to happen in this league with so many changes year in and year out. BC seems to just keep making the playoffs and staying very stable. I guess we have to wait and see where the chips fall.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    If Burke come here look for an aggressive, more traditional type of D. Creehan would most likely coach LB,s. Don't be surprised if this does happen, Henoc Muamba, who is soon to be a FA come play closer to home and play for Burke.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Burke as defensive co-ordinator with Creehan as a position coach has worked well in the past. I wouldn't want Creehan as my defensive co-ordinator though based upon how he his defences have performed the last couple of years. Of course, the offence in Winnipeg was atrocious which did not help his defence but that wasn't the case in Hamilton.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    This is why it's so hard to predict what the hell is going to happen in this league with so many changes year in and year out. BC seems to just keep making the playoffs and staying very stable. I guess we have to wait and see where the chips fall.
    The funny thing is that if you go over to lionbackers.com, they are complaining that having a coaching staff together for a decade plus has resulted in playcalling becoming stale and unimaginative and other teams knowing what the Lions will do.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Haven't Lion fans wanted Chapdelaine fired for years now?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Yes. They are not happy with Stubler these days either.

New Fan
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    I would take Burke too, and maybe he would bring the same type of aggressive D he had in Winnipeg.
    Im with you guys on this one. Burke was inept as a head coach but he plays a very aggressive scheme that has been very solid in Winnipeg. He would be my #1 coach to replace Jones but I also agree that he can leave Creehan out west!

Im also a bit surprised how sour fans are on Jones. Last year he was a genious/guru and now nobody cares that he is leaving? I think he got caught being cocky or over confident in thinking he could replace the whole D like last year. His calls were puzzling at times this year but I think it was more of a personnel issue. The guy has won 3 Grey Cups in 3 different cities in just 12 years.It hurts less to see him go this year but I would have liked to see him back in '14.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    If Burke come here look for an aggressive, more traditional type of D. Creehan would most likely coach LB,s. Don't be surprised if this does happen, Henoc Muamba, who is soon to be a FA come play closer to home and play for Burke.
    I like where you are going with this. Would McCune follow Jones to Edmonton? Will JC Sherritt be on the move? Looking forward to see all the wheelings and dealings this off season.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I like where you are going with this. Would McCune follow Jones to Edmonton? Will JC Sherritt be on the move? Looking forward to see all the wheelings and dealings this off season.
    I know there are those who don't like the player turnover each offseason, but each team goes through it. I expect it to happen to our D again this offseason. If Jones does depart, that will put extra pressure on Barker and Co. when it comes to recruiting players from the states.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    The last game of the regular season, Milanovich and Burke spent most of the warm up it what appeared to serious talk that didn't seem to be about the warm up or just the usual pre-game greetings. It crossed my mine at the time that Burke knew he was on the way out in Winnipeg and they were talking about their futures. At that time I was thinking Chris Jones might be on the move to Ottawa and Burke having worked with Milanovich in Montreal, might be inquiring about the Argo DC job next year. Just guessing, but it could well happen now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgosCowboy View Post
    Im with you guys on this one. Burke was inept as a head coach but he plays a very aggressive scheme that has been very solid in Winnipeg. He would be my #1 coach to replace Jones but I also agree that he can leave Creehan out west!

Im also a bit surprised how sour fans are on Jones. Last year he was a genious/guru and now nobody cares that he is leaving? I think he got caught being cocky or over confident in thinking he could replace the whole D like last year. His calls were puzzling at times this year but I think it was more of a personnel issue. The guy has won 3 Grey Cups in 3 different cities in just 12 years.It hurts less to see him go this year but I would have liked to see him back in '14.
    Unfortunately the personnel issues were largely Jones largest failure this past season, don't mind Burke as DC but not big on Creehan at all!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Nothing wrong with Creehan as a position coach so IMO it's silly to not want a guy because he failed as a DC. By that logic nobody should want Burke as DC since he failed miserably as HC. Who cares that he was a very good DC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    People are dissing Creehan because "he failed as a DC".

Failure is the only way to learn. Take a look at Bill Bellicheck in New England - he was no genius in Cleveland as a HC. He's done ok in New England. And no, Creehan is not Bellicheck. Not saying that at all. But Creehan will be better from what he learned this past season.

Similarly, some guys end up in the right place at the right time, and can never replicate their success. I think that Mike Shanahan is that guy (so too was Joe Gibbs, and there are many others....).

I guess in the end timing is everything. Being in the right place at the right time is all that matters. This Argo defence has potential, but so many things will change between now and kickoff 2014. Should be the most interesting offseason in a long, long time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    .............. Should be the most interesting offseason in a long, long time.
    Ummmm .... You mean two years

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Nothing wrong with Creehan as a position coach so IMO it's silly to not want a guy because he failed as a DC. By that logic nobody should want Burke as DC since he failed miserably as HC. Who cares that he was a very good DC.
    I agree. Creehan is young and can still learn from Burke (if this is what happens) Milanovich and Barker. He had to learn something from his father as well. As long as Milanovich doesn't vacate the ship we should be alright.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    They have finally got their wish.
    Jacques Chapdelaine had a feeling after the B.C. Lions season was over that he would not be back next season. He was right. The CFL team is making a break with the only offensive coordinator it has known for most of the last decade.The Lions will announce later today that they will not renew the contract of Chapdelaine once it expires, though that is a matter of semantics. ...
    The decision is a mutual one on the part of the club and Chapdelaine, who has long been interested in CIS university coaching opportunities and is believed to be investigating the vacancy at SFU.
    His release, however, will automatically renew speculation that he will be considered for the vacancy with the expansion Ottawa RedBlacks. Chapdelaine was again quoted in a French-language Montreal daily on the weekend as being interested in the Ottawa job.
    http://www.theprovince.com/sports/fo...844/story.html