Level

MLSE interested in Argos with eye on NFL in Toronto

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hmm. That's a very confusing article. Sounds like it's all speculation and theories based merely on someone from MLSE spotted visiting the Argos. It could just be someone saying hello to a friend, who knows?
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    i just read it and signed on here to see if anyone knew any more to this story...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Hmm. That's a very confusing article. Sounds like it's all speculation and theories based merely on someone from MLSE spotted visiting the Argos. It could just be someone saying hello to a friend, who knows?
    could be. but it does state the obvious in that Braley will have to make decisions regarding his 2 franchises and that there is and always will be some driving force to have an nfl team in toronto. issues that will have to be dealt with one day or another.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Here we go again. I want a dollar for every NFL in TO wannabe article ever written. The NFL wouldn't be the issue, MLSE would sink the Argos well before a shovel hit the ground for a new NFL Stadium.

I've been a Viking fan for over 40 years and that would never change should the NFL ever have a TO team. I don't see it happening. I might just be bitter enough to tune out the NFL for good.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    There seems to be some postive and negative things with a sale to Mlse. Postive things the Argos will finally be able to have a professional look and feel to the team,something what mangement of this team right now is seriously lacking. (Crowd last night was pathetic 18,000 with 6,000 given to university schools for free and with more then half of them leaving at half time! Can't say it enough with Chris rudge he is failing in every aspect with regards to marketing this team)
    Argos will finally get a new practice facilty something like what tfc has at downsview park! And more then likely they will finally get a new stadium for this team. Bringing in a guy like Tim leiweke as a CEO to the team would be a good thing, I could see him cleaning house with the current mangement of this team no more guys like rudge sitting around collecting a pay cheque for doing no work for the team. As well I could see them changing the perception of the cfl and the Argos in the city then what it is right now.

Negative things to a deal would be the fact that Mlse is always about the money. They don't care and know how to field a winning team. Don't know how serious they would be with owning the Argos if its just to try to get closer to an nfl team in the future, then I would say NO to this deal by all means and the cfl should step in to not allow this to happen!
    Last edited by Rocket; 09-04-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    There seems to be some postive and negative things with a sale to Mlse. Postive things the Argos will finally be able to have a professional look and feel to the team,something what mangement of this team right now is seriously lacking. (Crowd last night was pathetic 18,000 with 6,000 given to university schools for free and with more then half of them leaving at half time! Can't say it enough with Chris rudge he is failing in every aspect with regards to marketing this team)
    Argos will finally get a new practice facilty something like what tfc has at downsview park! And more then likely they will finally get a new stadium for this team. Bringing in a guy like Tim leiweke as a CEO to the team would be a good thing, I could see him cleaning house with the current mangement of this team no more guys like rudge sitting around collecting a pay cheque for doing no work for the team. As well I could see them changing the perception of the cfl and the Argos in the city then what it is right now.
    stay on topic - looking forward to when ur banned again

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    Hey Harrington do you or any of your family or friends work for the Argos marketing team? I can probealy see why you might be scared of this deal then!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Walking a fine line

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Negative things to a deal would be the fact that Rogers is always about the money. They don't care and know how to field a winning team. Don't know how serious they would be with owning the Argos if its just to try to get closer to an nfl team in the future, then I would say NO to this deal by all means and the cfl should step in to not allow this to happen!
    Rogers and MLSE are 2 different companys and Chris Rudge is oved by both

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:

Level
    Rudge is to blame for the years of crappy home game dates the Argonauts are stuck with because of Rogers? Come on!! No reason that game has to be on a Tuesday night and the first day of back to school for kids. Whether people like it or not Toronto isn't Regina, Calgary or Winnipeg. People get fed up with fighting traffic day in and day out and then to put a game on a Tuesday. Families will stay home and watch on tv. As I've mentioned while living in Port Credit and being self employed with no kids it was easy for me to work my schedule around Argo games no matter the date. But that was 11 years ago and traffic and congestion on the roads has become hellish especially when most fans live anywhere but the downtown core.

We need an owner like Braley not MLSE and a new stadium. We don't need ownership with eyes on a different picture other than a successful Toronto Argonauts organization.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Wait a minute...are you saying that Frank Zicarelli wrote a confusing article? I find that very hard to believe.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:

Level
    I am for any ownership group that gets the Argos a new stadium and gives them some credibility in the market. I cannot believe how much their profile has shrunk. It is looking pretty bleak right now, hopefully they can recover.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Corporations, such as MLSE, can't own a majority share of an NFL team, correct?
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    i suspect this is more to do with the new TV contract rather than the MLSE wanting a NFL team. Bell has 50% of MLSE, why would BELL wish to Damage its 2nd largest Canadian sports package. They wouldn't, they might actually want to grow it in the area, and a move like this would ensure it. The NFL shit is just wishful thinking on the part of the reporter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Can't say it enough with Chris rudge he is failing in every aspect with regards to marketing this team)
    Actually, you can say it enough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    Listen Herrington...his comments were ON TOPIC....and hoping for another Argofan to be banned is STUPID...

Your comments are no more important than anyone elses....(Rocket, your rudge "hate-on is over the top, BUT, folks do have the option to ignore you)

ALL that said......

I suspect the Toronto NFL folks have taken a "Horn Chen" approach...buy the CFL team "Argonauts"...own the name. POOF, they fail, but you still own the name, and apply it to your NEW NFL franchise.

Its quite possible
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Actually, you can say it enough.
    Yeah but other people should also express there disappointment with the owner and CEO of this team. Argos fans need to stand up and be Hurd and have a voice of opionon with this team. We can't just sit on the sidelines and think everything is going good with how this team is run. I am so sick and tired of all this media and people on toronto treating this team as a joke. This teams perception in this city has sunk to an all time low and it keeps getting lowered down with these fools who are working for the team right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yeah but other people should also express there disappointment with the owner and CEO of this team. Argos fans need to stand up and be Hurd and have a voice of opionon with this team. We can't just sit on the sidelines and think everything is going good with how this team is run. I am so sick and tired of all this media and people on toronto treating this team as a joke. This teams perception in this city has sunk to an all time low and it keeps getting lowered down with these fools who are working for the team right now.
    Hard to be too down on Braley, maybe there is no Argonaut franchise if he didn't step up and buy the team!!
    MLSE ownership doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzy feeling given their track for the last 45+ years.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:

Level
    Lets be honest here, Football should be played and watched during the weekend any time from Friday evening to a no later start then 3pm on a Sunday afternoon. I have been to the night games during the week, and the sunday night game, and it sucks getting home so late, and having to go back downtown the next moring. It has been even harder to take the family because I have small children, so how do I get the children to fall in love with our game when it is hard to take them to a live event. I think we have to deal with the facts that we will get crap dates until we are able to find a long term solution, but we need to contiue to support this team which ever way we can. I do believe that the club is doing everything it can to put people in the seats, but as i always said maybe we need to look at the prices of the tickets to get more people into the seats, the only issues is the teams needs all the money they can get from the sales of the tickets, because they do not get access to food sales or parking. I hate how they are on the road for the next four weeks, but the good news is all their games are on Saturday and Sunday ovr the next four weeks.