Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2195
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I believe Leiweke said he wanted the Argos to play the day after a TFC game, to give the grass the maximum amount of time before the next TFC game. He also proposed a hybrid natural grass playing surface. But that was before the principals of MLSE purchased the Argos. I don't see TSN/MLSE screwing over the Argos to ensure TFC isn't inconvenienced in any way. The Argos have the potential to become way bigger and more valuable than a MLS team. I'll bet they work out a schedule which is beneficial for both teams.

So fans, don't worry, be happy, the important thing is to buy your season tickets early to get the best selection. Considering the limited supply I'm predicting Argo tickets will be a hot commodity by the summer. CFL football on natural grass, you got to be there!

One idea is to make the Argos "Canada's team" and "North America's team" by featuring the Argos with consistent Saturday/Sunday 4:00 pm start times, home and away. They could also be highlighted on a ESPN2 "CFL Game of the Week" through the summer. Due to the greater international exposure, the Argos could become a prime destination for top U.S. prospects who know they can defect to the NFL after one season. Having a strong vibrant franchise in Toronto would benefit the entire league. MLSE, TSN, Bell & the CFL can make it happen!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Bases on the mega road trips the Argos and their fans have had to endure the last 3 seasons they cannot be put on the road for more than 2 games at a time in 2016. Nothing less than that should be accepted by the Argo owners looking to max out on field and of field performance. Give and take needs to be exercised in a Grey Cup year.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    At some point the Argos should get the priority in scheduling. Simply put they draw more viewers period. TFC has a few good draws for some games, but overall hang around 100,000 viewers per game if that.

Side note: If soccer is the next big sport in North America, then how does this happen?????
    (Leiweke & Peddie please explain)

25. Soccer, MLS Cup, Columbus vs. Portland, Sunday, TSN: 87,000

Advertisers will pay based on exposure and that goes for the stadium as well.
    I would expect with what BMO is paying for the stadium name, they’re happy as hell the Argos are moving in!

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Well this is going to make things a little more difficult for some people to get to BMO Field next season by TTC. Looks like the Exhibition Loop will be closed for most of 2016 with the exception of The Ex in August for construction taking place at the Exhibition Go Station. Shuttle buses will be running from Bathurst and Fleet St. into the Exhibition Grounds. More details here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    At some point the Argos should get the priority in scheduling. Simply put they draw more viewers period.
    and even more simply is that the MLS schedule comes out way before the CFL agrees to their schedule.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    At some point the Argos should get the priority in scheduling. Simply put they draw more viewers period. TFC has a few good draws for some games, but overall hang around 100,000 viewers per game if that.

Side note: If soccer is the next big sport in North America, then how does this happen?????

I would expect with what BMO is paying for the stadium name, they’re happy as hell the Argos are moving in!
    How does a league final draw such a poor TV audience? I understand that is just the Canadian audience, but I would figure Coronation Street gets more views than that... Brutal. Argos will get good scheduling. the reality is they are gonna have bigger crowds by about 4,000 to every game based on TFCs average this year.

Some of you guys seem to think that the MLS isnt going to be discussing this over with the CFL. Obviously both leagues will compromise like most pro leagues do. This really isn't a complicated schedule compared to places like the ACC, MSG, Madhouse.. etc

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Well this is going to make things a little more difficult for some people to get to BMO Field next season by TTC. Looks like the Exhibition Loop will be closed for most of 2016 with the exception of The Ex in August for construction taking place at the Exhibition Go Station. Shuttle buses will be running from Bathurst and Fleet St. into the Exhibition Grounds. More details here.
    Well that sucks, at least the shuttle buses will run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    and even more simply is that the MLS schedule comes out way before the CFL agrees to their schedule.
    A big reason why TFC has "priority selection".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Lol, whenever the TTC says shuttle buses will run you may as well start walking.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Lol, whenever the TTC says shuttle buses will run you may as well start walking.
    Glad I take the GO Train in from Clarkson....that sounds nasty.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Looks like you have a legitimate transit to BMO Field complaint now.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Glad I take the GO Train in from Clarkson....that sounds nasty.
    As long as there are extra shuttle buses on game days it shouldn't be that bad but this is the TTC we are talking about. I'll be avoiding the 511 and 509 streetcars to get to BMO Field next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Looks like you have a legitimate transit to BMO Field complaint now.

As long as there are extra shuttle buses on game days it shouldn't be that bad but this is the TTC we are talking about. I'll be avoiding the 511 and 509 streetcars to get to BMO Field next year.
    I always had a legitimate complaint for anyone that lives in the North End of the city.

If you are on a TTC Subway Line for your whole trip then the TTC is good. If not it's pretty terrible.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I always had a legitimate complaint for anyone that lives in the North End of the city.

If you are on a TTC Subway Line for your whole trip then the TTC is good. If not it's pretty terrible.
    I live in the north end of the city and I'm not on a TTC subway line for my whole trip. I haven't missed a game at BMO Field due to transit that I wanted to see, including the day the TTC walked off the job with that wildcat strike. Something tells me next year will be no different.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Maybe you should contact the Argos about working a deal with GO to allow ticket holders free rides between Union and Exhibition on game days.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level

BMO is walking from TFC ... shirt sponsorship is toast and stadium naming rights come up next year. Thats one of the whole reason for MLSE to do the argos deal, is thats the stadium rights has little value with just TFC because no on watches their games.
    Last edited by Qman; 12-09-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Maybe you should contact the Argos about working a deal with GO to allow ticket holders free rides between Union and Exhibition on game days.
    That was one of the ideas I had written in the "ideas for Copeland" thread. Could work IMO and I think it could also push people to take transit to games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

That stair case in the second photo is one of the reasons the field is such a tight fit .. if it was made steeper they could fit CFL field no problem. The field will end 7 yards before the bottom of that stairway (basically 20 feet behind the #6 sign)

I predict they move that jumbotron for the 2016 season so they can fit in grey cup bleachers on the walkway with the fencing on it

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    How much is the fare from Union to Ex as it stands now? In the not too old days both stations were in the same zone, so say a fare from Pickering to Union was the same as a fare from Pickering to Exhibition, no extra cost. It seems reasonable that something like this can be worked be worked out, if not free, than with a good discount.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    How much is the fare from Union to Ex as it stands now? In the not too old days both stations were in the same zone, so say a fare from Pickering to Union was the same as a fare from Pickering to Exhibition, no extra cost. It seems reasonable that something like this can be worked be worked out, if not free, than with a good discount.
    That's a good question, and definitely IMO worth bringing up to the Argos for those that have worries about the street car loop being closed. Not that I am condoning this, but with the proof of purchase system on the go trains, it's highly unlikely a fare check would be done between Union and Exhibition anyways as they are so close in proximity.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Not sure if that would be correct in saying that. Ml$e just added that brand new video/score board last year where they invested a lot of money on.