Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
Just a headsup, looks like the winning bid for the new 33k stadium for Regina will be announced Friday. Time to start a new poll how it should be 55k
I must admit, that after reading the above quote, that Regina will be getting only 33K seats, I was a tad dissapointed. I mean, if Regina, Edmonton and Winnipeg can't fill at least 40K, then perhaps it is a sign of the times, that Football interest is declining in this country. I hope this isn't the case.

Nevertheless, we here in the GTA have a greater potential fan base/population to draw upon. As some have mentioned above, this BMO expansion may be a one-time deal. This is one of the reasons that I think we should build it as big as we can (and can afford to).

A 40K Stadium would work for Football, Soccer, and perhaps even for miniature Cricket (some of the out-fielders would have to be strategically stationed "in the crowd"). Also for outdoor Hockey. And for the International Scottish Tattoo Festival.

I like to drink before going to a Football game; maybe it's just me. I loved the old Exhibition Stadium. I would slip out to the top walkway, and have an occasional puff of the good stuff. Outdoor stadiums work for me, and I suspect, for many others. Now, I'll be sneaking up to the top for an occasional cig (and spliff). Not harming anyone.

The old Exhibition Stadium was a party !

Let us tail-gate (even though I would show up by taxi - with a wee styro-foam cooler), let us have a quiet cig/spliff at the top level, and I doubt there would be any problem filling, or mostly filling, a 40,000 seat Stadium.

Ka' Pla !