Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Obviously you are referring to their on-field performance, because financially the two largest MLSE teams are hugely successful. Leafs are the top-ranked team in valuation by Forbes and make scads of money for the ownership group. While many on here are skeptical of Raptors attendance, I believe they are also a significant positive contributor to MLSE's bottom line. The Leafs and Raptors have not won championships or even playoff rounds in a long time, but that doesn't automatically translate to lack of on-field success for the Argos if they get bought by MLSE. It's way easier to win in an eight-team league than a 30-team league, and the amount the Argos cost to operate would be pocket change for MLSE. Assuming they do in fact want to be part of an NFL team coming to Toronto (and I do assume that), it would be far better for the Argos to be part of the organization, essentially run by MLSE for community goodwill and the recipient of cross-promotion and maybe even mandated ticket sales, than to be on the outside trying to compete with that financial juggernaut.
Yes I'm referring to the On Ice / On Field performance of MLSE Teams. The leafs are incredibly successful financially. The rest of the MLSE teams are not.

The leafs require Platinum Season Ticket holders to also buy Platinum Raptors Season Tickets so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did the same thing with an NFL team.