Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post
    anyone have a recap of what was said?
    He doesn't think that MLSE will buy the Argonauts and move them into BMO Field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    He doesn't think that MLSE will buy the Argonauts and move them into BMO Field.
    you spelled "He is praying fervently that MLSE won't" wrong
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

New Fan
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    MLSE can want an NFL team all they want but that doesn't mean the other 31 team owners will approve the sale. (If it happens) The NFL doesn't like corporately owned teams (Packers are grandfathered in) The NFL wants a team in LA and even London well before Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarid View Post
    MLSE can want an NFL team all they want but that doesn't mean the other 31 team owners will approve the sale. (If it happens) The NFL doesn't like corporately owned teams (Packers are grandfathered in) The NFL wants a team in LA and even London well before Toronto.
    They would put one in Mexico City before Toronto.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I would think it would take more time than 2015
    Agreed. I can't see a move happening that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    you spelled "He is praying fervently that MLSE won't" wrong
    Either way, they will buy or they won't. They do, then BMO Field becomes a much more realistic option. They don't, I highly doubt we will see the Argos there.

I'll wait to see where the chips fall.
    Same.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Post Argos remain in BMO Field plans

ARGOS REMAIN IN BMO FIELD PLANS

BMO Field will once again be one of the best places to play in Major League Soccer, MLSE CEO Tim Leiweke said.
    But that doesn’t mean expansion plans won’t include the Toronto Argonauts one day.

“That’s a commitment that is a legal obligation to the city and the province,” Leiweke said of the CFL possibly coming to BMO Field. “We will honour that commitment.”

MLSE will be hosting a ground-breaking ceremony of sorts on Tuesday as construction to upgrade BMO Field is already under way.
    “If you want to see a testament to the growth of MLS, go look at what our stadium was when it opened to what it is today,” Leiweke said. “We’ve fallen so far behind it’s shocking.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/18...-on-tfc-issues

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    They have invited TFC season ticket holders to BMO Field Tuesday for the ground-breaking ceremony. I assume we will get to the see the finalized renovation plans for stage one at least.

New Fan
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Many are wondering where the Argos will be located at BMO Argos Field........ well I'm part of the construction side of this so I'd gladly let you all know that the ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOSSSSS bench will be located on the east side of the building and the ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOSSSSS locker room is located on the north east side of the building where I currently keep my tools on a daily basis. For the most part, Part of phase 2 of construction at BMO Argos Field is for the ARRRRRRRRGGGGGOOSSSSS. When the locker room is being built. The will be entering the field from an underground tunnel from the locker room so that way they do not disturb the fans walking through the building. It's pretty much the most possible location for the team to be set up. The visiting team (bums) will be set up in the visiting team dressing room located on the west side of the building. Can't lie, it's nothing pretty and it's pretty cheap. Still better than the set up and Ivory Wyn Stadium. Hopefully this helps out some people who are still trying to sort out their setting area. I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm sure the organization will sort out s day for season ticket holders to get an idea of what seats would work best for them. At the end of the day it's the season ticket holders who for the most part have kept this kept alive. Thanks for the following owners who have lost a crap loaf of cash but the season ticket holders have held on and kept strong with them club. For all those season ticket holders, please make sure you use those vouchers that the club has offered us for the home opener and LET'S GET AS MANY PEOPLE in the Dome for the hone opener as possible. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Damn!
    Well, I guess I'll be sitting on the visitors' side of the field.
    I'm not sitting on the east side and having the sun in my eyes for all of any afternoon games.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Damn!
    I'm not sitting on the east side and having the sun in my eyes for all of any afternoon games.
    With a pair of binoculars you will get a good look at the Argos on the players bench looking right at you.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I know where I'll be sitting for games at BMO, on my couch. It's pain in the ass enough getting to games at the dome from here let alone adding more time on to our day by hitting the CNE. Would be easier without pets as well. I want to support my team but seasons are most likely out next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I know where I'll be sitting for games at BMO, on my couch. It's pain in the ass enough getting to games at the dome from here let alone adding more time on to our day by hitting the CNE. Would be easier without pets as well. I want to support my team but seasons are most likely out next year.
    BMO field will be much easier for myself. I have never had problems parking for TFC games, usually because I am early. I park by Medieval Times for the quickest exit. Of course, the best way is to drive to Oakville and take the Go Train. It doesn't get any easier than that from East or West. The train drops you off 100 steps from the Stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Damn!

Remember the roofs will go on and they are english style so right over to the grandstand (ie. not like IGF), but your right you will get some the southwest sun peaking through the southwest corner

How many afternoon games do we have in the summer in the CFL, almost none. Its all primetime or latenight

my biggest worry is how high to sit to not get rained on. Figure upper third of lower deck will be safe.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    @CFL_News: .@TSNDaveNaylor & @simmonssteve want to form #Argos group. Sounds similar to @BoxJBoys for #Ticats. That kinda deal. Very cool. #CFL

https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/649724081240178689

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm very interested in this concept, hopefully tickets in this section won't be too expensive. I'm geared up to be loud and proud and party!

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    @CFL_News: .@TSNDaveNaylor & @simmonssteve want to form #Argos group. Sounds similar to @BoxJBoys for #Ticats. That kinda deal. Very cool. #CFL

https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/649724081240178689
    Yeah sounds like a great idea I am sure they got the idea from tfc supporter section. That group has made a huge difference when you go to watch soccer games at bmo field. I hope the Argos could do the same.
    Nice to see Simmons and Taylor getting involved I am sure that Argos management had a talk with them and might even give them a bonus for there effort. Nice to see Argo owners doing something for a change then to be sitting around doing nothing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Yeah sounds like a great idea I am sure they got the idea from tfc supporter section. That group has made a huge difference when you go to watch soccer games at bmo field. I hope the Argos could do the same.
    Nice to see Simmons and Taylor getting involved I am sure that Argos management had a talk with them and might even give them a bonus for there effort. Nice to see Argo owners doing something for a change then to be sitting around doing nothing.
    It's actually only one section in the south endzone that makes the bulk of noise...it was the whole south end stands in the first couple of years but I have not seen that in a while. I'm not that exuberant, I'll admit, and I find it odd that you have several fans not paying any attention to the game whatsoever but leading cheers, but then again, it's soccer, not much happening when teams exchange possession in the middle of the field and pass it around looking to go near the box.

I'll settle for knowledgeable fans who cheer big plays like long bomb catches, good kickoff and punt returns, nice runs made by great blocks that spring up a big gain and great pass rushing by the defense...that'll make me cheer. I'm all for flags and flagpoles, even air horns, so long as they're not blown beside my ears, and of course a decent band, ok even the Argonotes...lol

I despise thundersticks and clappers, that's purely contrived and not spontaneous whatsoever. I've discovered that fans who like these noise makers are like kindergarten kids crying for either undue attention, or worse yet, look to bother the enjoyment of the game for others. Allow fans to bring their horns, and flags and you won't need the nonsense of thundersticks and even towels which is so corporate driven.

Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    It's actually only one section in the south endzone that makes the bulk of noise...it was the whole south end stands in the first couple of years but I have not seen that in a while. I'm not that exuberant, I'll admit, and I find it odd that you have several fans not paying any attention to the game whatsoever but leading cheers, but then again, it's soccer, not much happening when teams exchange possession in the middle of the field and pass it around looking to go near the box.

I'll settle for knowledgeable fans who cheer big plays like long bomb catches, good kickoff and punt returns, nice runs made by great blocks that spring up a big gain and great pass rushing by the defense...that'll make me cheer. I'm all for flags and flagpoles, even air horns, so long as they're not blown beside my ears, and of course a decent band, ok even the Argonotes...lol

I despise thundersticks and clappers, that's purely contrived and not spontaneous whatsoever. I've discovered that fans who like these noise makers are like kindergarten kids crying for either undue attention, or worse yet, look to bother the enjoyment of the game for others. Allow fans to bring their horns, and flags and you won't need the nonsense of thundersticks and even towels which is so corporate driven.
    No actually this year it is the entire south end zone that are designated supporter sections where fans stand for the whole game they moved all the groups to all sections there. Not sure if you will be allowed to bring in flags with a pole as bmo doesn't allow that they are pretty strict there with stuff like that they won't even allow you to carry in a umbrella inside even if it is pouring outside. It is a different type of crowd from a football crowd to a soccer crowd I hope they will try to do something a little different to engage more young people to this team.

Anyways I am extremely happy today as I think the new owners actually did some work with the team for the first time. In getting Dave "to cool for the cfl" Naylor and Steve "I haven't written one positive thing about the cfl in a decade"Simmons to get them on board with the team. What better way then for the Argo owners to give them a deal with the team to help there image turn around in Toronto. At this point in time the Argos are going to have to get everybody on board even if it is with the enemy. This is something useless idiot rudge could have done with Rogers sat them down and negotiated a deal with them. What the Argos need now are deal makers guys that can negotiate deals with people not incompetent guys like rudge who could do nothing for the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    find it odd that you have several fans not paying any attention to the game whatsoever but leading cheers.
    Guilty.

Oh, wait, we're talking about TFC? Never mind. Carry on.
    Faster + Louder = Better