Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Would centre field still be centre field then? I think that is one of the reasons they maybe going with this:
This is very much the offset field that I predicted a long time ago. The grass field length is 117 yards. The soccer field will be centred between the ends of the east and west grandstands. The football field will, however, be offset 12 yards to the south relative to the grandstands. The south endzone of 17 yards is entirely grass with a 6 yard turf run-off behind it. The north endzone is however entirely turf with a 7 yard (also turf runoff behind it). The 55 yard line is about 6 yards north of the centre of the grandstands.

I wonder if there will be any competitive disadvantage to trying to score across goal line that is a grass to turf transition, as opposed to an all grass goal line ?

I suppose that you could add 3 yards of grass to the south touch-line, and 3 yards of turf to the north touch-line to make the endzones 20 yards each, but we have no idea of what foundation constraints they may be working with in these areas,