Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
Wow, thatts ridiculous. Where is the league in these matters?? Seems the way people talk in this city as far as the media Is concerned regarding the Argos future there Is no thought given to CFL approval in any regard. What power and leverage does the league have in matters like what Argolio mentioned and how will this affect te future at BMO. Will the league stand up and say anything about the teams say in gameday stadium matters or is the CFL that desperate to take whatever is given to them. I read an article few yrs back I wish I could find that said any future TO NFL team could seamlessly transition the Argonauts name to the new league without any mention of who actually owns the name (in the event that the Argos folded).
The CFL definitely owns the Argonauts name so, as much as the NFL in Toronto folks would love to get that, it will not happen. Ornest had the right to do what he did, whether the league liked it or not - and, at the time, the league had many more worries than that particular issue - but Harry ultimately did the Argos no favours by giving that right up.

Years from now, what will the memories of SkyDome be for Argos fans? Many look back on Exhibition Stadium and Varsity Stadium before that fondly but what will fans say about SkyDome? I doubt that we will be hearing, "Oh yes, I miss seeing that roof open and close so much! Those were the good old days." As I have said many times before, ironically, the SkyDome was born out of the 1982 Grey Cup that the Argos lost to Edmonton. However, you would never know that if you only looked at the shabby, second-class citizen way that the Argos have been treated at that stadium from the outset.