Page 50 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2195
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I have no idea why people think that moving to BMO will save us, i for once would come less because it will be open field and it's kinda cold in Canada. Then, the location and parking of BMO is way worse than the dome. Makes little sense in my opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    I have no idea why people think that moving to BMO will save us, i for once would come less because it will be open field and it's kinda cold in Canada. Then, the location and parking of BMO is way worse than the dome. Makes little sense in my opinion.
    there needs to be a lot more done to save the argos that is for sure...i dont think that if we started playing at bmo tomorrow all of our problems would be gone, but having an intimate stadium, with ownership that has deep pockets, would definately be a step in the right direction, and would be a lot better then where we are now

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    BMO stands would be covered, I miss sitting outside watching the Argonauts, cold temps weren't the issue at the Ex it was sitting in the cold and getting rained on that was the issue. BMO location works for me.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    As I've mentioned on here a million times I had been to tons of games at the old CNE stadium, before and after the Jays south stands were built. It was fun as a kid and young 20 something riding the GO in from Port Credit. However after sitting through the 82 Grey Cup in pissing cold rain all game long enough was enough. CNE got to be known as the mistake by the lake. I sat though some real crappy cold,windy, rainy dates. Toronto isn't like Winnipeg,Saskatchewan, Calgary, and Edmonton. In those city's it gets cold and you dress for it. Very hard to dress for rain and wind off of a Great Lake in Oct and Nov.

I've never been to BMO but correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it built with the field running towards the lakeshore as opposed to CNE were the field ran along the lakeshore. Won't wind just come screaming off the lake and down the field making Sask look tame.

It's a pain in the arse coming to games now from half an hour north east of Peterborough. I can't imagine making my trip another even ten mintues longer one way. Not looking forward to tomorrow with added EX traffic and parking at Oshawa GO.

I hate the EX and being at BMO we'd have to go through it like the good old days.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Very hard to dress for rain and wind off of a Great Lake in Oct and Nov.
    No its not, look at the weather, know that the closer to the lake you are, the colder it will be, take a coat or sweater in a backpack, in case of rain take a rain coat instead - just make sure it is big enough to wear on top of a sweater or two. It isn't hard.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    David Braley has spoken out about a potential move to BMO Field and MLSE taking over the ownership of the team in this article out of Vancouver: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Wi...569/story.html
    That's pretty thing gruel: really amounts to one quote that adds no new info other than Braley believes it makes sense to put the Argos into BMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Here is MLSE draft design:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=343q...8#.U-95abxdWCY

... i like how only a Vancouver paper seems to be able to quote Braley. Do toronto guys not work hard enough?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    While a renovated BMO might be the poorest stadium in the league, by reducing the capacity closer to the East Div. competitors average of 24,000...that alone could make the Argos successful. The Als drew barely 20,000 fans to their last game, but the stadium looked packed. There would be much more incentive for Argo fans to buy seasons tickets in a smaller stadium. The other East teams have between a 14,000 to 18,000 season ticket base. That's a much more comfortable position to be starting from compared to the Argos current subscriber count. Relocate the Argos to a 25,000-seat stadium and their season ticket base would quickly jump to 15,000+ (fans will want to reserve the best seats as walk-up tickets will not be plentiful). Then the Argos would generate positive press, like the RedBlacks have done selling-out their 24,000-seat stadium.

The Argos would be transformed into a successful franchise, packing their intimate outdoor stadium (with a state-of-the-art hybrid grass field and covered seating)...along with a huge TV audience. CFL ratings are the highest of any sport, even higher than most NHL games on TSN or Sportsnet. Only CBC's HNIC or an occassional Leaf game can top the mighty CFL!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    David Braley has spoken out about a potential move to BMO Field and MLSE taking over the ownership of the team in this article out of Vancouver: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Wi...569/story.html
    So will people stop complaining now about Braley not saying anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    While a renovated BMO might be the poorest stadium in the league, by reducing the capacity closer to the East Div. competitors average of 24,000...that alone could make the Argos successful. The Als drew barely 20,000 fans to their last game, but the stadium looked packed. There would be much more incentive for Argo fans to buy seasons tickets in a smaller stadium. The other East teams have between a 14,000 to 18,000 season ticket base. That's a much more comfortable position to be starting from compared to the Argos current subscriber count. Relocate the Argos to a 25,000-seat stadium and their season ticket base would quickly jump to 15,000+ (fans will want to reserve the best seats as walk-up tickets will not be plentiful). Then the Argos would generate positive press, like the RedBlacks have done selling-out their 24,000-seat stadium.

The Argos would be transformed into a successful franchise, packing their intimate outdoor stadium (with a state-of-the-art hybrid grass field and covered seating)...along with a huge TV audience. CFL ratings are the highest of any sport, even higher than most NHL games on TSN or Sportsnet. Only CBC's HNIC or an occassional Leaf game can top the mighty CFL!
    Nationally televised NHL games get better ratings than nationally televised CFL games. The CFL gets the second highest sports TV ratings in Canada, behind only the NHL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Sad really. It'll be too cold and rainy to sit at BMO. Guess that makes football fans wusses compared to TFC fans after all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sad really. It'll be too cold and rainy to sit at BMO. Guess that makes football fans wusses compared to TFC fans after all.
    I hope you are joking. I would go.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I know that you're joking but for some people it will be true. I usually go to games with my wife and she's already told me that once the Argonauts move out of the Rogers Centre she won't be going to games in October, November or when it's cold or wet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So will people stop complaining now about Braley not saying anything?
    Why should they? In this interview he basically didn't say anything. Here is the full extent of his remarks:

"I don’t think it’s inevitable but it points that way. If you used common sense and practicalities the best location would be a renovated BMO Field.

“Common sense has to rule and it usually does.

“After a lot of aggravation.”

Forty words in total. As I said, pretty thin gruel that adds nothing to our knowledge of what he plans to do.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Why should they? In this interview he basically didn't say anything. Here is the full extent of his remarks:

"I don’t think it’s inevitable but it points that way. If you used common sense and practicalities the best location would be a renovated BMO Field.

“Common sense has to rule and it usually does.

“After a lot of aggravation.”

Forty words in total. As I said, pretty thin gruel that adds nothing to our knowledge of what he plans to do.
    Actually Paul, it kind of does say something. It kind of says that he was in total B.S. mode when talking about building the Argos their own stadium. Most of us on here knew that anyway, but it hopefully puts to rest that ridiculous notion that he was going to get it done.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Not a suck about sitting in a very cold pouring rain in another mistake by the lake. I just don't want to go down that crap road again. This is a huge step backwards. It is difficult to haul a bunch of bs extra rain gear and warm clothing under it. I've sat though two seriously crappy downpour games in which you couldn't be comfortable. 82 Grey Cup and one game against Ottawa where it rained so bad the cheerleaders didn't come back after the start of the game. Water was flowing two to four inches deep all though the Bluejays section. Those are the too worst that I'll never forget.

It's about time the old fart opened his yap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    ............ that I'll never forget.

Exactly! You'll never forget, and you'll have stories, and can grump along like all good curmudgeons do! And I bet you'll go to another game where it pours! ...... Sorry the extreme optimist coming thru

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Not a suck about sitting in a very cold pouring rain in another mistake by the lake. I just don't want to go down that crap road again. This is a huge step backwards. It is difficult to haul a bunch of bs extra rain gear and warm clothing under it. I've sat though two seriously crappy downpour games in which you couldn't be comfortable. 82 Grey Cup and one game against Ottawa where it rained so bad the cheerleaders didn't come back after the start of the game. Water was flowing two to four inches deep all though the Bluejays section. Those are the too worst that I'll never forget.

Thats why they are putting a roof over all seats.
    Won't stop the fog though.

Should note that the first 9 rows in the endzones would fold up under football configuration, to fit CFL field

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    Where did the above graphic come from?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I know that you're joking but for some people it will be true. I usually go to games with my wife and she's already told me that once the Argonauts move out of the Rogers Centre she won't be going to games in October, November or when it's cold or wet.
    I like the idea of a smaller stadium etc etc but I know myself I'd be checking the weather before leaving for all games October onwards.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    Where did the above graphic come from?
    That is Arena Pantanal in Brazil.