Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
I just have to chime in here. I've always thought that 40,000 minimum seats would not be outrageous.

We are in a period of history, where we may be witnessing the potential re-birth of Argonaut Football.

We're moving into an open air stadium (with partially covered stands), we have the potential for great new marketing for the Team, a return to a traditional and historic venue (or close to the old one), and a chance to take it to the next level.

Think big, think positive. If you build it, they will come. Smallish stadiums, send a negative, defeatist message out into the world. A return to the glory days of old, demands at the very least, the attitude that this is gonna work; this is gonna be great. This is going to be amazing.

Past failure doesn't guarantee future success. But neither does it exclude it.

Expecting 30-35,000 attendance per game is not unreasonable.

Sell the top 5,000 on both sides (of a 40K stadium) to student groups, visiting tourists and dignitaries, or touring Nuns if you have to, at a cheaper price. Make it super-affordable. Allow Football to be re-born in this town.

Hallelujah !

Fortune favours the Bold !

Ka' Pla !
The only time this franchise has drawn as many as 40k per game was between 1976-80. That happened to be a very different time in Toronto too as the Argos were dominant in the the Toronto market in the summer/fall and the Leafs were dominant in the winter/spring. Those days are long gone. I don't think that having 25k-30k seats is being defeatist; it is being realistic.