Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'd love to see the statement attributed to someone connected to the team, who would actually know the demographics of their subscribers (who don't, I would hazard a guess, represent the majority of those who attend games).

Even if we discount H-W and Niagara as hotbeds of Argo fandom, as I've said seemingly hundreds of times what is commonly thought of as "the 905" -- the suburban region stretching from Burlington/Oakville/Milton in the west through the northern burbs to Oshawa/Whitby/Pickering in the east -- is a massive tract of land. Even if the majority of Argo fans do actually live within that tract of land, it is not a single, interconnected community in any sense. It is folly, IMO, to think that the majority of Argo fans in the 905 would want to see the stadium "somewhere" in the 905 just because they themselves live in the 905.
    I'm with you there Paul, I live in the Oakville, Burlington area and actually prefer the team stay in the downtown Toronto area, in fact when I take the Go Train into Toronto there are many fans in the Burlington, Oakville area that go to TO. Surely the team must know their fan demographic and will govern themselves accordingly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I'm with you there Paul, I live in the Oakville, Burlington area and actually prefer the team stay in the downtown Toronto area, in fact when I take the Go Train into Toronto there are many fans in the Burlington, Oakville area that go to TO. Surely the team must know their fan demographic and will govern themselves accordingly.
    I agree with both you and Paul. I live in the Markham part of Thornhill which is close to Vaughan, Richmond Hill and main Markham. All would be easier places for me to get to rather than downtown, but I realize it isn't about me. The stadium needs to be in Toronto's city limits, and preferably somewhere close to downtown.
    It's us vs the rest of the country