Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    Just a headsup, looks like the winning bid for the new 33k stadium for Regina will be announced Friday. Time to start a new poll how it should be 55k
    I must admit, that after reading the above quote, that Regina will be getting only 33K seats, I was a tad dissapointed. I mean, if Regina, Edmonton and Winnipeg can't fill at least 40K, then perhaps it is a sign of the times, that Football interest is declining in this country. I hope this isn't the case.

Nevertheless, we here in the GTA have a greater potential fan base/population to draw upon. As some have mentioned above, this BMO expansion may be a one-time deal. This is one of the reasons that I think we should build it as big as we can (and can afford to).

A 40K Stadium would work for Football, Soccer, and perhaps even for miniature Cricket (some of the out-fielders would have to be strategically stationed "in the crowd"). Also for outdoor Hockey. And for the International Scottish Tattoo Festival.

I like to drink before going to a Football game; maybe it's just me. I loved the old Exhibition Stadium. I would slip out to the top walkway, and have an occasional puff of the good stuff. Outdoor stadiums work for me, and I suspect, for many others. Now, I'll be sneaking up to the top for an occasional cig (and spliff). Not harming anyone.

The old Exhibition Stadium was a party !

Let us tail-gate (even though I would show up by taxi - with a wee styro-foam cooler), let us have a quiet cig/spliff at the top level, and I doubt there would be any problem filling, or mostly filling, a 40,000 seat Stadium.

Ka' Pla !

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I must admit, that after reading the above quote, that Regina will be getting only 33K seats, I was a tad dissapointed. I mean, if Regina, Edmonton and Winnipeg can't fill at least 40K, then perhaps it is a sign of the times, that Football interest is declining in this country. I hope this isn't the case.

Nevertheless, we here in the GTA have a greater potential fan base/population to draw upon. As some have mentioned above, this BMO expansion may be a one-time deal. This is one of the reasons that I think we should build it as big as we can (and can afford to).

A 40K Stadium would work for Football, Soccer, and perhaps even for miniature Cricket (some of the out-fielders would have to be strategically stationed "in the crowd"). Also for outdoor Hockey. And for the International Scottish Tattoo Festival.

I like to drink before going to a Football game; maybe it's just me. I loved the old Exhibition Stadium. I would slip out to the top walkway, and have an occasional puff of the good stuff. Outdoor stadiums work for me, and I suspect, for many others. Now, I'll be sneaking up to the top for an occasional cig (and spliff). Not harming anyone.

The old Exhibition Stadium was a party !

Let us tail-gate (even though I would show up by taxi - with a wee styro-foam cooler), let us have a quiet cig/spliff at the top level, and I doubt there would be any problem filling, or mostly filling, a 40,000 seat Stadium.

Ka' Pla !
    I'm with you regarding the old stadium, great place to be back in the glory days. I like the new locale just fine, as many have correctly posted here before we are luck to have our storied franchise!!
    Perhaps if more Argonaut fans pony up for season tickets we won't suffer the embarrassment of last years Eastern final when we appeared to be outnumbered by our oppositions fan base.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think some of you guys are just looking at this seating capacity thing totally wrong.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the CFL, aside from some here subliminally comparing it to the greatest sport entity in the world, the NFL. No league in the world can compete at that level with those kinds of revenues.

I think some here think that either we should have the same size live audiences as 40 years ago when there was much less entertainment choices for the dollar or assume that audiences will grow exponentially. Neither is likely to happen in just about most sports.

Even the NFL is downsizing, I believe I posted an article here that instead of building an 80k seat stadium, they might be more inclined to have 60k seats and 10k in endzone patios that resemble a bar setting.

A few years ago the CFL had the sixth highest average game attendance of any league in the world. It might be seventh or eighth now. Higher average attendance than Serie A, Nippon Professional Baseball and MLS. It's a very good league but if you try to compare it to the NFL, it looks small time like most other leagues would as well.

Saskatchewan is on a roll but I can remember times when they had telethons to keep the franchise alive. Sell out at 33k with no empty seats, look great on TV and keep the cycle rolling. And you'll still be making lots of dough.

A large live gate is not necessarily the only sign of success. It's about maximizing revenues. Does anyone think Buffalo is the greatest NFL franchise because they draw 80k? Are they the most successful at maximizing revenues?

It's going to be hard enough to lure people off their couches and HDTVs to go for the live experience. And new audiences want all the amenities, that's why the new stadium in Hamilton is important. Sure, they don't have a lot of seats, but hopefully most of those will have an ass parked every 18 inches (using the built in wi-fi) and those patios will sell a lot of product and party atmosphere for casual fans to add revenue.

Instead of backward looking threads like this, be proactive and stop taking the shit delivered by the local Argo hostile media. Fight back, flood forums and comments on articles with positive Argo/CFL comments and correct misinformation when you can.

The best thing to do is talk about the greatest part of the CFL. Not "small" stadiums, or salaries or the supposed inferiority of the players, talk about the greatest asset of the CFL itself...the game.

If we still have wannabes among us here who feel they need the approval of our big brother to the south, did you know the CFL out rates their own domestic league MLS on NBCSN, strange eh? There must be something good about it, now get your fellow countrymen to see what American football fans see.

Boatman
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    ^^ Good stuff rdavies!!! ^^
    Support CFL league & team sponsors by buying their stuff!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think some of you guys are just looking at this seating capacity thing totally wrong.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the CFL, aside from some here subliminally comparing it to the greatest sport entity in the world, the NFL. No league in the world can compete at that level with those kinds of revenues.

I think some here think that either we should have the same size live audiences as 40 years ago when there was much less entertainment choices for the dollar or assume that audiences will grow exponentially. Neither is likely to happen in just about most sports.

Even the NFL is downsizing, I believe I posted an article here that instead of building an 80k seat stadium, they might be more inclined to have 60k seats and 10k in endzone patios that resemble a bar setting.

A few years ago the CFL had the sixth highest average game attendance of any league in the world. It might be seventh or eighth now. Higher average attendance than Serie A, Nippon Professional Baseball and MLS. It's a very good league but if you try to compare it to the NFL, it looks small time like most other leagues would as well.

Saskatchewan is on a roll but I can remember times when they had telethons to keep the franchise alive. Sell out at 33k with no empty seats, look great on TV and keep the cycle rolling. And you'll still be making lots of dough.

A large live gate is not necessarily the only sign of success. It's about maximizing revenues. Does anyone think Buffalo is the greatest NFL franchise because they draw 80k? Are they the most successful at maximizing revenues?

It's going to be hard enough to lure people off their couches and HDTVs to go for the live experience. And new audiences want all the amenities, that's why the new stadium in Hamilton is important. Sure, they don't have a lot of seats, but hopefully most of those will have an ass parked every 18 inches (using the built in wi-fi) and those patios will sell a lot of product and party atmosphere for casual fans to add revenue.

Instead of backward looking threads like this, be proactive and stop taking the shit delivered by the local Argo hostile media. Fight back, flood forums and comments on articles with positive Argo/CFL comments and correct misinformation when you can.

The best thing to do is talk about the greatest part of the CFL. Not "small" stadiums, or salaries or the supposed inferiority of the players, talk about the greatest asset of the CFL itself...the game.

If we still have wannabes among us here who feel they need the approval of our big brother to the south, did you know the CFL out rates their own domestic league MLS on NBCSN, strange eh? There must be something good about it, now get your fellow countrymen to see what American football fans see.
    Who said that something is wrong with the CFL? Quite the opposite in fact. Most of us believe that the Argonauts can sell more than 25,000 tickets.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    That's great, now please learn how to use the Reply With Quote function and edit quotes so we don't waste space seeing my whole post again when all we needed to see was the one pertaining line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's great, now please learn how to use the Reply With Quote function and edit quotes so we don't waste space seeing my whole post again when all we needed to see was the one pertaining line.
    It's to difficult to do on my phone. This website isn't very mobile friendly.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    ^ Well here's a suggestion, just use the Reply function and before your first sentence use the ^ which connotes your post is in response to what's directly above.

What's worse is when multiple people requote the same large photo three or more times on the same page wasting space (and bandwidth).

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    ^ Well here's a suggestion, just use the Reply function and before your first sentence use the ^ which connotes your post is in response to what's directly above.

What's worse is when multiple people requote the same large photo three or more times on the same page wasting space (and bandwidth).
    People's formatting can be a problem. I remember a multi-quote issue or I should say lack of multi-quote use issue from way back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Your post wasn't directly above mine. Hugoagogo's was.

If you're that worried about saving space and bandwidth perhaps you shouldn't make such large posts?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    If you're that worried about saving space and bandwidth perhaps you shouldn't make such large posts?
    Or start numerous useless threads and polls, or repeat quote long posts.

If a post isn't directly above use ^^ basic Internet etiquette.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Or start numerous useless threads and polls, or repeat quote long posts.

If a post isn't directly above use ^^ basic Internet etiquette.
    Ok. I think this thread has gone off topic enough. Lets try to bring it back:

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    I got a tip and did some fishing and pretended I knew more than I did with some people on the in and with some really on the in. I' am not going to debate this but it sounds like I atleast will stop guessing. Looks like we will be at BMO field for 2015 season. I also got that the Argos will be on the road for a bit during the start of the season. My guess is that is because of a retro-fit. MLSE will own the Argos. Braley is the problem but the deal will get done.

If am wrong I will host a tailgate where we end up for the ACTIVE current members on this form.
    Looks like your tip is panning out. I was kind of hoping for the free tailgate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Looks like your tip is panning out. I was kind of hoping for the free tailgate.
    Let's have the free tailgate anyway!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    The parking lot just south of Bmo will be perfect for it... And I can finally attend one.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    The parking lot just south of Bmo will be perfect for it... And I can finally attend one.
    I think it's been mentioned before but tailgating around BMO Field was shut down after TFC's first season. There was a letter sent to season ticket holders before the start of the second season warning people the police would be out enforcing the law and the police ticketed until it stopped. I don't know what the future of tailgating for Argo games will be at BMO Field but the precedent is not in its favour.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Space yes, but not bandwidth, image loads the same time & not a separate call for each image.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I think it's been mentioned before but tailgating around BMO Field was shut down after TFC's first season. There was a letter sent to season ticket holders before the start of the second season warning people the police would be out enforcing the law and the police ticketed until it stopped. I don't know what the future of tailgating for Argo games will be at BMO Field but the precedent is not in its favour.
    So what your saying is that TFC fans ruined it for us?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    So what your saying is that TFC fans ruined it for us?
    The only reason given was the legal one. Having open alcohol outside of residential property with out permits is illegal. The rumour was MLSE didn't like losing out on potential beer sales. I didn't go to any of the season one tailgates so I don't know if there were any other issues.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    In Vancouver the police and PNE banned tailgating at the first Lions game at their temporary stadium. Officially drinking in public is forbidden in B.C. but police normally turn a blind eye as long as things didn't get too out of hand. The Lions fans and PNE made a compromise, tailgating was allowed if the liquor is not visible (i.e. beers in a coloured glass not a bottle or can) and no hibachi's, only gas-fired bar-b-ques.

Hopefully they will be able to make some compromise at CNE, like no open-liquor or hibachi's (with coals) and allow tailgating for Argo games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    In Vancouver the police and PNE banned tailgating at the first Lions game at their temporary stadium. Officially drinking in public is forbidden in B.C. but police normally turn a blind eye as long as things didn't get too out of hand. The Lions fans and PNE made a compromise, tailgating was allowed if the liquor is not visible (i.e. beers in a coloured glass not a bottle or can) and no hibachi's, only gas-fired bar-b-ques.

Hopefully they will be able to make some compromise at CNE, like no open-liquor or hibachi's (with coals) and allow tailgating for Argo games.

Perhaps we need a designated tail-gating area (DTA).

It doesn't have to be anything crazy; say, south of King St., west of Bathurst, east of Dufferin.

Piece of cake.