Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I have no idea why people think that moving to BMO will save us, i for once would come less because it will be open field and it's kinda cold in Canada. Then, the location and parking of BMO is way worse than the dome. Makes little sense in my opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    I have no idea why people think that moving to BMO will save us, i for once would come less because it will be open field and it's kinda cold in Canada. Then, the location and parking of BMO is way worse than the dome. Makes little sense in my opinion.
    there needs to be a lot more done to save the argos that is for sure...i dont think that if we started playing at bmo tomorrow all of our problems would be gone, but having an intimate stadium, with ownership that has deep pockets, would definately be a step in the right direction, and would be a lot better then where we are now

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    BMO stands would be covered, I miss sitting outside watching the Argonauts, cold temps weren't the issue at the Ex it was sitting in the cold and getting rained on that was the issue. BMO location works for me.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    As I've mentioned on here a million times I had been to tons of games at the old CNE stadium, before and after the Jays south stands were built. It was fun as a kid and young 20 something riding the GO in from Port Credit. However after sitting through the 82 Grey Cup in pissing cold rain all game long enough was enough. CNE got to be known as the mistake by the lake. I sat though some real crappy cold,windy, rainy dates. Toronto isn't like Winnipeg,Saskatchewan, Calgary, and Edmonton. In those city's it gets cold and you dress for it. Very hard to dress for rain and wind off of a Great Lake in Oct and Nov.

I've never been to BMO but correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it built with the field running towards the lakeshore as opposed to CNE were the field ran along the lakeshore. Won't wind just come screaming off the lake and down the field making Sask look tame.

It's a pain in the arse coming to games now from half an hour north east of Peterborough. I can't imagine making my trip another even ten mintues longer one way. Not looking forward to tomorrow with added EX traffic and parking at Oshawa GO.

I hate the EX and being at BMO we'd have to go through it like the good old days.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Very hard to dress for rain and wind off of a Great Lake in Oct and Nov.
    No its not, look at the weather, know that the closer to the lake you are, the colder it will be, take a coat or sweater in a backpack, in case of rain take a rain coat instead - just make sure it is big enough to wear on top of a sweater or two. It isn't hard.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    While a renovated BMO might be the poorest stadium in the league, by reducing the capacity closer to the East Div. competitors average of 24,000...that alone could make the Argos successful. The Als drew barely 20,000 fans to their last game, but the stadium looked packed. There would be much more incentive for Argo fans to buy seasons tickets in a smaller stadium. The other East teams have between a 14,000 to 18,000 season ticket base. That's a much more comfortable position to be starting from compared to the Argos current subscriber count. Relocate the Argos to a 25,000-seat stadium and their season ticket base would quickly jump to 15,000+ (fans will want to reserve the best seats as walk-up tickets will not be plentiful). Then the Argos would generate positive press, like the RedBlacks have done selling-out their 24,000-seat stadium.

The Argos would be transformed into a successful franchise, packing their intimate outdoor stadium (with a state-of-the-art hybrid grass field and covered seating)...along with a huge TV audience. CFL ratings are the highest of any sport, even higher than most NHL games on TSN or Sportsnet. Only CBC's HNIC or an occassional Leaf game can top the mighty CFL!