Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    On Hammer

I've had seasons at THF since it opened and Ivor Wynne since 98. (Though there were more aholes before Young took over) I usually go to games wearing opposition gear and have rarely had any issues and zero issues at THF. Not saying there aren't some bad one's but comments here make it sound like assholes are the norm.

That said. (to paint with the same wide brush) Argo fans can also be buttholes to opposing fans. I experienced that a few years back when I had to attend an Argos game in Ticat colours to pay a bet. The fans around me gave me no trouble (but then they were super cool dudes) but walking around the stadium I had a few "asshole argo fans" giving as bad as any asshole Ticat fan I ever saw at IW or THF.

anyways. My take on the possible thought not confirmed 17 yard endzones are this. better than watching the Halifax Argos play and still much better than the 10 yard endzones they used to have in obe building.

PS: Once again I note that it always takes a CFL fan to use the term Bush. Like I always say ... nobody trashes our game more than CFL fans do.
    Fair comments Ron.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    On Hammer

I've had seasons at THF since it opened and Ivor Wynne since 98. (Though there were more aholes before Young took over) I usually go to games wearing opposition gear and have rarely had any issues and zero issues at THF. Not saying there aren't some bad one's but comments here make it sound like assholes are the norm.

That said. (to paint with the same wide brush) Argo fans can also be buttholes to opposing fans. I experienced that a few years back when I had to attend an Argos game in Ticat colours to pay a bet. The fans around me gave me no trouble (but then they were super cool dudes) but walking around the stadium I had a few "asshole argo fans" giving as bad as any asshole Ticat fan I ever saw at IW or THF.

anyways. My take on the possible thought not confirmed 17 yard endzones are this. better than watching the Halifax Argos play and still much better than the 10 yard endzones they used to have in obe building.

PS: Once again I note that it always takes a CFL fan to use the term Bush. Like I always say ... nobody trashes our game more than CFL fans do.
    My experience has been that every time we've played Hamilton (regardless of the venue) there has been at Least one incident of inappropriate behavior from Hamilton fans. (For games that I've attended)

In my experience there just seems to be a lot of low class and over served people at games in Hamilton. We haven't been to THF yet and probably won't go based on past experiences at Ivor Wynne.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    On Hammer

I don't disagree Ron. I always have good banter going with some Ti-Cats fans. At the end of the day, I've never taken a swipe at anyone, nor had one taken at me. The incident I mentioned earlier in the thread was definitely the exception and not the norm, and it was more than 20 years ago.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I have mixed feelings about Hamilton fans, but I have never had a problem going to games in Hamilton. The only real incident I encountered was smoking in the stands. I get angry when people smoke in clearly identified no smoking areas but when they started smoking dope, that's when I really got infuriated. Security was no where to be seen at IWS. I had to track them down to complain. That may be a little harder to get away with in the tighter confines of THF. I just hope the security is better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Wow, so we're moving to a new stadium and will be the only team in the league with shorter endzones, even though there's enough required room for 20 yarders, but it's okay, because the only other option is to move to Halifax ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Wow, so we're moving to a new stadium and will be the only team in the league with shorter endzones, even though there's enough required room for 20 yarders, but it's okay, because the only other option is to move to Halifax ?
    The endzones in BC Place are 18 yards for 30yrs (5 GCs) and no one complained. Only after the last renovation and introduction of retractable soccer seats were they able to squeeze in full endzones. There is no impact (unless they go down to 13yd endzones that they had in memphis), stop complaining.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    The endzones in BC Place are 18 yards for 30yrs and no one complained. Only after the last renovation and introduction of retractable soccer seats were they able to squeeze in full endzones.
    Really? I was not aware of that. All I remember was that in '83 they had 20 yard end zones while the rest of the league had 25. That was the reason the league went to 20 originally. Personally, I thought 25 was too big. 20 is perfect. Remember, Naylor did say that it was unconfirmed but likely that BMO would have 17 yarders. Let's hope he's wrong, but at the same time, I won't sweat it.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Really? I was not aware of that. All I remember was that in '83 they had 20 yard end zones while the rest of the league had 25. That was the reason the league went to 20 originally. Personally, I thought 25 was too big. 20 is perfect. Remember, Naylor did say that it was unconfirmed but likely that BMO would have 17 yarders. Let's hope he's wrong, but at the same time, I won't sweat it.
    Every notice why old turf(s) at BC Place never had the 5 yard hashes in endzone ... thats why.
    Post reno now has more room in the endzone and no more safety hazards, so its a full 20.

Naylor is just going off that mock pic which was leaked .. he's probably just reading this forum

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I wasn't aware of BC's only being 18 either, first I've ever heard of this, and wasn't the reason the league went to 20 yarders, because of BC Place ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I wasn't aware of BC's only being 18 either, first I've ever heard of this, and wasn't the reason the league went to 20 yarders, because of BC Place ?
    of course it was ... sort of .... league went to 20yd endzones in 1986 3 yrs after bc place was opened.

they couldn't expand to full 20 for safety reasons/obstructions.
    They said it was 20, but common knowledge that the endzone were shaved off due to overhand supports and the wall.
    Even with shorter endzones you couldn't see the full endzone from the lower bowl endzone seats due to the overhang in the old setup.

Haven't been in lower bowl endzone post reno, but everything looks fixed post reno.

No one can tell the difference between 18 and 20 yards with naked eye, especically with no hashes.
    Stop complaining everyone.
    Last edited by Qman; 11-28-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Is there any confirmation of this ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Is there any confirmation of this ?
    Ask any bc lions fan?
    its common knowledge

didn't you ever wonder why old bc place was the only stadium in the league that didn't have 5yd hash marks in the endzone?

Actually i miss the days of old Ivor Wynne, Commonwealth, Talyor field, old BC Place, etc.
    Where the end zone dimensions were always different. Kind of like baseball, you kinda had a home field advantage and every game was a little bit different because of it.

Now is only Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    There is already a virtual venue for BMO Field, so you can take a look at what the view would be from every seating area.
    http://torontofc.io-media.com/

I have several spots in mind, but am just waiting to hear what the prices will be. I am willing to spend a little more than I did at Skydome, which was first row in the 200 level.
    One major change I will make is to sit in the middle of the section instead of on the aisle. I cannot take having to stand to let people in or out during the game. Why can't people stay in their seats to watch a game? I never move out of my seat until half time. Hamilton is even worse, as the amount of traffic is incredible. You really notice it when people keep passing by your seat in and out and blocking your view as well.
    Quick question:

only sat on the east side for soccer at bmo.
    Anyone know if the seats r the same on west vs east. I know different parts of the stadium have different style of seats.
    Just wondering comfort and leg room.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Quick question:

only sat on the east side for soccer at bmo.
    Anyone know if the seats r the same on west vs east. I know different parts of the stadium have different style of seats.
    Just wondering comfort and leg room.
    Pretty sure they are the same on both sides. I have mostly been in the south end though for soccer, so don't quote me on that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    My experience has been that every time we've played Hamilton (regardless of the venue) there has been at Least one incident of inappropriate behavior from Hamilton fans. (For games that I've attended)

In my experience there just seems to be a lot of low class and over served people at games in Hamilton. We haven't been to THF yet and probably won't go based on past experiences at Ivor Wynne.
    I have been to Hamilton many times since 1991 including the 1996 Grey Cup game and every Argo game there this year. There is always an incident if you cheer or wear opposite team colours. I have gone to Leaf games on the road and rarely encounter issues like I have had in Hamilton. It will not change but you gotta support your team. I would not take kids to Hamilton.

Hamilton is the only place where I have seen "women" swearing and giving the double finger to other people. Unreal city.

I have been to Montreal and Ottawa multiple times and never had an incident. Actually had nice conversations with people around me in the stands. In those places it seems that the love of the CFL is a bonding element that is common among us all.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    Hamilton is the only place where I have seen "women" swearing and giving the double finger to other people. Unreal city.
    I once got ragged on by a kid (looked around ten) in Hamilton after an Argo loss, and he was with his family. Gotta love that parenting.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    I have been to Hamilton many times since 1991 including the 1996 Grey Cup game and every Argo game there this year. There is always an incident if you cheer or wear opposite team colours. I have gone to Leaf games on the road and rarely encounter issues like I have had in Hamilton. It will not change but you gotta support your team. I would not take kids to Hamilton.

Actually, that's not the norm in Hamilton... it's just indicative of the Ti-cat/CFL fans of the city.
    Other than the fanbase being older (which is a CFL thing), the Ti-cat/CFL fanbase in Hamilton are lower-income and less educated... and usually of the white-trash ilk. Why do you think the stadium is in one of the lowest income areas of the city? That's generally where the fanbase is.

If you wan't to hang out with more respected Hamiltonians, then stay clear of Ti-cat games.

New Fan
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I've had plenty of incidents in Hamilton. Mostly due to booze. Some I was the problem and some Hamilton fans. I was hammered one year while dressed in my Argoholic gear.Thanks to Mikes Hard they sold at Ivor Wynne. I walked up to a police officer lifted my pylon and yelled I want a Timbit and a coffee in his face. He ignored it until I did it again. Then he grabbed my arm and tossed me from the game so Finn left with me. I had the cops hand print bruised into my arm for a week. Then I got into words with a Cats fan and Finn grabbed me as the guy took a punch directed at my head but like a good boxer I moved and he clocked Finn in the face. haha. From there it got worse. I haven't drank over priced booze at a stadium since. Too many apologizes to make the next day. So I was the Asshole on that day but Finn has been in the past and many Hamilton fans have been as well. Too many stories and not enough time. I know some GREAT Cats fans that I consider to be friends.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.tsn.ca/cfl-insider-tradin...jones-1.401483
    The Toronto Argonauts are preparing to move to BMO Field next season but there appears to be an issue fitting in the full length of a CFL field. A final decision has not been reached, but it appears the Argos will be playing next season with 17-yard endzones as opposed to the 20.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level