Closed Thread
Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    He doesn't think that MLSE will buy the Argonauts and move them into BMO Field.
    you spelled "He is praying fervently that MLSE won't" wrong
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

New Fan
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    MLSE can want an NFL team all they want but that doesn't mean the other 31 team owners will approve the sale. (If it happens) The NFL doesn't like corporately owned teams (Packers are grandfathered in) The NFL wants a team in LA and even London well before Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarid View Post
    MLSE can want an NFL team all they want but that doesn't mean the other 31 team owners will approve the sale. (If it happens) The NFL doesn't like corporately owned teams (Packers are grandfathered in) The NFL wants a team in LA and even London well before Toronto.
    They would put one in Mexico City before Toronto.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I would think it would take more time than 2015
    Agreed. I can't see a move happening that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    you spelled "He is praying fervently that MLSE won't" wrong
    Either way, they will buy or they won't. They do, then BMO Field becomes a much more realistic option. They don't, I highly doubt we will see the Argos there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I'll wait to see where the chips fall.
    Same.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    I got a tip and did some fishing and pretended I knew more than I did with some people on the in and with some really on the in. I' am not going to debate this but it sounds like I atleast will stop guessing. Looks like we will be at BMO field for 2015 season. I also got that the Argos will be on the road for a bit during the start of the season. My guess is that is because of a retro-fit. MLSE will own the Argos. Braley is the problem but the deal will get done.

If am wrong I will host a tailgate where we end up for the ACTIVE current members on this form.
    it looks like you are correct. from what i was told, MLSE never thought Braley would have the stones to build a new Home for the Argos. Then they found out how serious Braley was and that it was going to be a muliti purpose stadium, with a bubble for the winter. He was very close to a deal with Markham and or Mississauga. Once MLSE heard this, they approched him. Now Braley wants big bucks, This deal would have been done 3 months ago. MLSE offered up 8 million. Braley came back with 20 Million. This is all about controling football in T.O and stoping Braley from building a stadium. Now from what i hear, Bralley is demanding first rights to buy back the Argos and the option of a small ownership stake if MLSE does attract a NFL team. I think MLSE will own the Argos in 2014 and if they do, we will be playing at a revamp BMO

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I really hope this is all a bunch of crap. I really don't want MLSE owning the Argonauts. Just another feather in their caps. I doubt they'll really give a crap about the team. I doubt they'd make the stadium into a real little gem of of place that fans would be proud of. Plus do they really want one of their teams fans at war with the other. I really don't need to trip into town for a game to hear TFC protesters treating us like Bomber or Rider fans have in the past. By that I mean total CRAAAP. 91 Grey Cup and 97 will always stick in my mind. Never been treated worse. By the way we didn't just sit back and take the abuse. At this point I could see TFC fans being very pissed if the Argos move in. I haven't heard anything to change my thoughts.

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    There were actually two questions yesterday on McCown's show about the Argos/CFL (contrary to his statement that he never gets questions about the Argos). He repeated that the Argos "lose money," and that there is no way they go to BMO for less then $40 million in needed renovations. Of course, this seemed much more hopeful than based on facts. He mentioned that he thought they should go somewhere "north." But his overall tone was that the Argos don't matter, and have little hope.

He also talked about how they (I presume him and fellow traveler Brunt) are still "investigating" (I suppose an ATIP request) the money the federal government gave to the Grey Cup in 2012, as though there is something here. It is really is pathetic. He clearly hates Braley.

But I also think he knows something is afoot, but does does not want to make it a story.

Also, today it was announced that Braley has resigned/is resigning from the Senate; who knows what that means to the Argos/Lions....?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    News about Braley's resignation from the Senate: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/42...s-senate-seat/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    He wants to devote more of his energies towards not spending any money on a stadium or practice facilities for the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    like some handsome poster said awhile ago:

-this thing is way past the footsie stage. dotting i's and crossing t's now.
    -about 3 months ago it was implied that there'd be news within 6 months... looks like an off-season press conference.
    -the Missy/Vaughan/Markham gambit was ever just that, a gambit. it (seemingly) has worked since MLSE wouldn't allow their virtual stadium/venue monopoly to be infringed on.
    -the we should choose our words carefully from this point onward so as to avoid unnecessary flamewars and hard feelings with what will soon be our co-tenant's supporters. we should not rise to the bait of any (inevitable) trolling especially from covert new posters in threads re-hashing old issues which are best left in the past.

this was never my first choice, but after a time, i realized the financial signs all pointed directly at it. time to think of the positive aspects (and there are many) of having BMO as a home.

if the Senator is playing a bit of hardball, then as long as it doesn't sour the deal, i applaud him for it. MLSE has money, the Argos are poised to be a profitable entity (in light of the new TV deal and especially in a newly revamped stadium and new strategic partners) so i see nothing wrong with asking for a higher valuation for his asset than MLSE's first offer. (and if it's true that he asked for buy-back rights if MLSE bought an NFL team, then you've got to love him still trying to protect the franchise and league!)
    so... if Braley bought the team for nothing (or next to it)... and lost between $1M - $3M per year depending on reports... and made between $10M - $12M for the 100th Grey Cup... and will get somewhere between $8M (MLSE's alleged first offer) and $20M (Braley's alleged ask)... then someone actually profited, handsomely no less, on owning God's Own Football Club... suck it McCown! (can't wait to hear him kissing our ass once we are part of Canada's preeminent sporting company)
    Last edited by bluto; 12-03-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    it looks like you are correct. from what i was told, MLSE never thought Braley would have the stones to build a new Home for the Argos. Then they found out how serious Braley was and that it was going to be a muliti purpose stadium, with a bubble for the winter. He was very close to a deal with Markham and or Mississauga. Once MLSE heard this, they approched him. Now Braley wants big bucks, This deal would have been done 3 months ago. MLSE offered up 8 million. Braley came back with 20 Million. This is all about controling football in T.O and stoping Braley from building a stadium. Now from what i hear, Bralley is demanding first rights to buy back the Argos and the option of a small ownership stake if MLSE does attract a NFL team. I think MLSE will own the Argos in 2014 and if they do, we will be playing at a revamp BMO
    Markham would work well, Richmond Hill would be better and Vaughan would be the best location if close to 400 & 7.

(IMO)
    Last edited by Neely2005; 12-03-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    like some handsome poster said awhile ago:

-this thing is way past the footsie stage. dotting i's and crossing t's now.
    -about 3 months ago it was implied that there'd be news within 6 months... looks like an off-season press conference.
    -the Missy/Vaughan/Markham gambit was ever just that, a gambit. it (seemingly) has worked since MLSE wouldn't allow their virtual stadium/venue monopoly to be infringed on.
    -the we should choose our words carefully from this point onward so as to avoid unnecessary flamewars and hard feelings with what will soon be our co-tenant's supporters. we should not rise to the bait of any (inevitable) trolling especially from covert new posters in threads re-hashing old issues which are best left in the past.
    Point 2 - I also said that the longer we don`t hear anything, the more likely it`ll be BMO.
    The trickiest part of renovation will be the south west area. There is already a ramp there and that will have to be totally removed. The next part would be centering the stadium for the bigger field.

Point 4 - There will be lots of flaming going on once something official gets announced. Probably even some of those fans coming here to vent their anger. I suggest we take the high road. If anyone has suggestions on how to deal with them shoot me a PM!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Bob McCowan was talking about the Argonauts moving into the BMO Field during the 4 PM hour today. I'll post a Link once it's up.
    Here's the Link:

Listen Prime Time Sports - December 2 - 4pm
    Monday, 4 pm: Listener calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    There were actually two questions yesterday on McCown's show about the Argos/CFL (contrary to his statement that he never gets questions about the Argos). He repeated that the Argos "lose money," and that there is no way they go to BMO for less then $40 million in needed renovations. Of course, this seemed much more hopeful than based on facts. He mentioned that he thought they should go somewhere "north." But his overall tone was that the Argos don't matter, and have little hope.

He also talked about how they (I presume him and fellow traveler Brunt) are still "investigating" (I suppose an ATIP request) the money the federal government gave to the Grey Cup in 2012, as though there is something here. It is really is pathetic. He clearly hates Braley.

But I also think he knows something is afoot, but does does not want to make it a story.

Also, today it was announced that Braley has resigned/is resigning from the Senate; who knows what that means to the Argos/Lions....?
    Careful now that's not what he said. He said that it had been months since they had gotten an unsolicited phone call about the Argonauts in regards to an On Field / Football question - so not about the business, attendance, stadium... side of things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Point 4 - There will be lots of flaming going on once something official gets announced. Probably even some of those fans coming here to vent their anger. I suggest we take the high road. If anyone has suggestions on how to deal with them shoot me a PM!
    hear hear!
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This is not a done deal, and I still prefer to wait for something tangible before talking about our future home, but the suggestion that Argo and TFC supporters should stop hating on each other is a valid one regardless, and becomes even more important if the teams do end up sharing the same facility.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    This is not a done deal, and I still prefer to wait for something tangible before talking about our future home, but the suggestion that Argo and TFC supporters should stop hating on each other is a valid one regardless, and becomes even more important if the teams do end up sharing the same facility.
    Not a DONE deal buts its done. At the stage of where the house is sold on a conditional offer, just trying to agree on the closing date. Like Ricky Ray is not the starter in 2014 but we know he will be. Trust the info past on by others.
    Last edited by ArgoRedneck; 12-03-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree but IMO not a lot of Argonauts fans hate TFC or their fans. Personally I find soccer incredibly boring but I've never hated TFC or their fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    News about Braley's resignation from the Senate: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/42...s-senate-seat/
    In listening to The replacement for Dave Naylor's show tonight, Simmons and Hayes also said they had heard through the grapevine that he was stepping down from the Senate because he's embarrassed about the recent scandals that have happened there. If that is true, good on him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I agree but IMO not a lot of Argonauts fans hate TFC or their fans. Personally I find soccer incredibly boring but I've never hated TFC or their fans.
    Many posters here reflect back to a situation a few years ago in which there was a TFC game at 1, and an Argo game at 4 or 7pm? On a Saturday.

One person we all know, at the time had seasons for both teams, and is just loves the Toronto part of any sports team. Went to the TFC game in his Argo gear because he didn't have the time or the space to bring his TFC stuff with him. He was assaulted, beer thrown at him, and forced out of sections by the hooligans there. I know not all TFC fans are like that, But it paints a pretty sad picture of a fanbase that has even posted on public forums their "plans" on what they will do to Argo fans entering "their" stadium should the Argos actually move there

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He wants to devote more of his energies towards not spending any money on a stadium or practice facilities for the Argos.
    You can complain all you want. I will never say a bad thing about Braley regarding what he does for the Argos. There might not be an Argos without him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country