Page 37 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Invader, you and others are more than welcome to keep hoping that Braley is going to spend or otherwise assemble the $200M needed for a new stadium. I will continue to believe that a move to BMO, touted by the Argos president as recently as a few days ago and by others associated with the team and the league for weeks, is going to happen until there is more evidence than some non-committal musings by Braley that seem designed to protect his bargaining position during what is doubtless a complex negotiation.
    absolutely. all signs point to BMO. The commish himself dropped the MLSE stuff at the state of he league at Grey Cup which I thougt reeked of desperation and was showing way 2 many cards at the time. fast forward almost 5 months and no alternate ownership plan has surfaced. not even an inkling. I believe Braley has never had any even semi legit interest from prospective owners.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    April 2/2014: "If this deal comes forward, and all the pieces are in place for a new (Argos) stadium, people can say, ‘He’s done a masterful job. We wonder how it was pulled off?"
    I am not so sure that Braley wasn't referring to BMO Field in that quote.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Invader, you and others are more than welcome to keep hoping that Braley is going to spend or otherwise assemble the $200M needed for a new stadium. I will continue to believe that a move to BMO, touted by the Argos president as recently as a few days ago and by others associated with the team and the league for weeks, is going to happen until there is more evidence than some non-committal musings by Braley that seem designed to protect his bargaining position during what is doubtless a complex negotiation.
    I think that most of us agree that the Argonauts will probably end up at BMO Field (unfortunately) however that doesn't mean that there is 0% chance of them ending up in Vaughan, Markham or Mississauga. A small chance is still a chance, especially when it's the current owner that has been talking about those locations.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I think that most of us agree that the Argonauts will probably end up at BMO Field (unfortunately) however that doesn't mean that there is 0% chance of them ending up in Vaughan, Markham or Mississauga. A small chance is still a chance, especially when it's the current owner that has been talking about those locations.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Lol, exactly! I'd say that it's about as likely as the leafs making the playoffs but a chance is still a chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:

Level
    Lol, exactly! I'd say that it's about as likely as the leafs making the playoffs but a chance is still a chance.
    well....they did just get eliminated!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level

This "inevitability" may occur, however we want the team to have priority at this location or at least equal to the TFC, while not treated as second class citizen like currently in the dome.
    The only way to do this is as much as I regret to say, is MLSE buying the team and treating it in the same professional way as the other teams owned.
    We do not wan a renter type agreement with non MLSE ownership.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I've been out of the loop for a bit, I just looked it up and Leiweke told the Sun that shovels will hit the ground September 1 assuming the city’s executive committee and council approve.

What is the timeline for the province and feds to come up with the dough (or not)? I guess there's been nothing yet between Braley and MLSE regarding a lease or change of ownership. I suppose MLSE won't want to buy them while they are still at the RC.

Just seems quiet after what was a flurry of activity.

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I went to the TFC game against Colorado a couple of weeks ago. When (not if) the Argos get into BMO, it will be a far, far better experience for us as fans. I have been there a few times, but this was the first time that I actually tried to visualize a football game in the venue. It is so much tighter, so much more intimate, and has such a better vibe than the Skydome. Even 20,000 fans feels like a big, vibrant crowd, and I think that when Argos fans pack the place (which I think they will, if only for the novelty in the first season), it will really be an excellent game day experience. I am not so worried about signage (it will be better than our treatment at the Skydome), or scheduling (again, it will be better than now, even if it is not ideal). Just being on grass, outdoors, will be awesome, even if we get some crappy weather towards the fall.

With a better game day experience, and a full stadium with great visuals, I think our television ratings will even improve considerably. The vibe around the Argos is going to be great when they get into the new venue. If, as I do actually believe will happen, MLSE eventually buys the team, we will get much better media attention and (dare I say it) respect from average Torontonians. I don't agree with this, but I do think that's just the way it is. Right now, we are really on the outside when it comes to media/attention.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    I went to the TFC game against Colorado a couple of weeks ago. When (not if) the Argos get into BMO, it will be a far, far better experience for us as fans. I have been there a few times, but this was the first time that I actually tried to visualize a football game in the venue. It is so much tighter, so much more intimate, and has such a better vibe than the Skydome. Even 20,000 fans feels like a big, vibrant crowd, and I think that when Argos fans pack the place (which I think they will, if only for the novelty in the first season), it will really be an excellent game day experience. I am not so worried about signage (it will be better than our treatment at the Skydome), or scheduling (again, it will be better than now, even if it is not ideal). Just being on grass, outdoors, will be awesome, even if we get some crappy weather towards the fall.

With a better game day experience, and a full stadium with great visuals, I think our television ratings will even improve considerably. The vibe around the Argos is going to be great when they get into the new venue. If, as I do actually believe will happen, MLSE eventually buys the team, we will get much better media attention and (dare I say it) respect from average Torontonians. I don't agree with this, but I do think that's just the way it is. Right now, we are really on the outside when it comes to media/attention.
    Honestly, It could be ALOT worse. I think Argo fans nitpick and complain about lack of coverage. Its not so bad during the season. Sure 590 and Rogers ignore , but there are still quite a few outlets that pick up the slack. I Live in the NYC area and all 3 area NHL teams would die to get the media coverage the Argos get during the summer. Even my wife a lifelong Devils fan says Argos fans are spoiled. The last few seasons I have seen quite a few Toronto Sun covers, Sunshine girls in Double Blue, the first 6 to 8 pages in the sports section during reg season gamedays. CTV utilizing players for sportscasts etc etc. NO and mean NO NYC based hockey team ever gets front page coverage unless they are getting deeper in the playoffs, and the Fan New York acknowledges the teams but never get in depth about any of the hockey teams. The stadium series games were a blip on the radar, The weather during the stadium games (not the games themselves) and superbowl weather predictions ruled the airwaves for 2 weeks straight. Even the Rangers (the so called premier US franchise are ignored compared to the other sports clubs). And the Red Bulls?? lol. Most locals do not even know they exist. If BMO increases interest, then awesome but things are not so bad now imo.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a bit, I just looked it up and Leiweke told the Sun that shovels will hit the ground September 1 assuming the city’s executive committee and council approve.

What is the timeline for the province and feds to come up with the dough (or not)? I guess there's been nothing yet between Braley and MLSE regarding a lease or change of ownership. I suppose MLSE won't want to buy them while they are still at the RC.

Just seems quiet after what was a flurry of activity.
    The Argonauts have to sign a lease at BMO by May 15th. It's one of the city's conditions.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Honestly, It could be ALOT worse. I think Argo fans nitpick and complain about lack of coverage. Its not so bad during the season. Sure 590 and Rogers ignore , but there are still quite a few outlets that pick up the slack. I Live in the NYC area and all 3 area NHL teams would die to get the media coverage the Argos get during the summer. Even my wife a lifelong Devils fan says Argos fans are spoiled. The last few seasons I have seen quite a few Toronto Sun covers, Sunshine girls in Double Blue, the first 6 to 8 pages in the sports section during reg season gamedays. CTV utilizing players for sportscasts etc etc. NO and mean NO NYC based hockey team ever gets front page coverage unless they are getting deeper in the playoffs, and the Fan New York acknowledges the teams but never get in depth about any of the hockey teams. The stadium series games were a blip on the radar, The weather during the stadium games (not the games themselves) and superbowl weather predictions ruled the airwaves for 2 weeks straight. Even the Rangers (the so called premier US franchise are ignored compared to the other sports clubs). And the Red Bulls?? lol. Most locals do not even know they exist. If BMO increases interest, then awesome but things are not so bad now imo.
    This is good for Argo fans to remember. But I bet nobody on WFAN says that "no one cares about the Rangers" or "the Rangers have no casual fans in New York" like some local figures have said about the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Nice perspective .... and also something to remember if TO is going the way of NYC .... I guess we just get our nose out of joint with comparisons to the other teams in the area. ... as do NY hockey fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This is good for Argo fans to remember. But I bet nobody on WFAN says that "no one cares about the Rangers" or "the Rangers have no casual fans in New York" like some local figures have said about the Argos.
    Very true, but again I was trying to focus on the coverage that IS there as opposed to dissecting the disrespect and lack of coverage. The old question comes up, whats worse? bad press or no press at all?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    What's going to happen on May 15th.

Predictions!!!

1. Long term lease at BMO with Braley continuing to own the team
    2. Long term lease at BMO and MLSE buys the team
    3. Braley announces new real estate play with stadium in Markham/Vaughn
    4. Rogers announces grass won't work at Skydome, Argos sign 50 year lease
    5. Nothing ...

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    It's going to be either 1 or 2 but I'll stick with 1.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    5.nothing
    ..... the provincial govt wont be able to commit to funding..... not until after the election. MLSE says.... status quo until it does .

then theres always the fantasy..... the knight in shining armour comes to buy the Argos but also buys the dome. It gets torn down and revamped for CFL design based on Chicagos Soldier field ..... and the Jays create a new baseball diamond and stadium down by the Ontario place site. MLSE makes a deal with the city and continues to renovate the BMO for tfc only with proviso not to use the cities monies.

......and Guelph gets another year of CFL . The bus rides into Guelph helps create some fan bonding and the atmosphere at the game explodes. Mainly because everyone on the buses have learned the words of the traditional Argo song. The Argonotes are dispersed among the buses to lead the fans in song. Plus ......its 20 minutes from home

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    5.nothing
    ..... the provincial govt wont be able to commit to funding..... not until after the election. MLSE says.... status quo until it does .

then theres always the fantasy..... the knight in shining armour comes to buy the Argos but also buys the dome. It gets torn down and revamped for CFL design based on Chicagos Soldier field ..... and the Jays create a new baseball diamond and stadium down by the Ontario place site. MLSE makes a deal with the city and continues to renovate the BMO for tfc only with proviso not to use the cities monies.

......and Guelph gets another year of CFL . The bus rides into Guelph helps create some fan bonding and the atmosphere at the game explodes. Mainly because everyone on the buses have learned the words of the traditional Argo song. The Argonotes are dispersed among the buses to lead the fans in song. Plus ......its 20 minutes from home
    I don't see how it can be nothing. One of the conditions that the city of Toronto has for approving the renovations to BMO Field is that the Argonauts have to sign a long term lease by May 15th.

So unless Toronto city council holds a new vote to change that clause then something has to happen by the end of Thursday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I don't see how it can be nothing. One of the conditions that the city of Toronto has for approving the renovations to BMO Field is that the Argonauts have to sign a long term lease by May 15th.

So unless Toronto city council holds a new vote to change that clause then something has to happen by the end of Thursday.
    As you and I both know, Any changes to any agreement regarding BMO field, the city & MLSE doesn't have to goto council. Probably backroom deal :P

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    it's cute how some people expect transparency in this matter.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN