Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't think that is necessary as I don't believe this type of thing is a rampant problem at BMO Field.

Agreed. I also agree with argofan87 that self defense and premeditated assault are two very different things. OV Argos post is quite stupid and not something to joke about, if it was intended to be a joke.
    Did you notice the wink emoticon thingy at the end of my post? OTOH - if you think it's fine to expect Argo fans to attend a TFC game and get showered with beer or otherwise assaulted and not be able to defend (yep that's what i was on about) themselves, I don't know how to reply. Ever heard any other such incident of one Toronto sports fan group going out of their way to attack another Toronto team fans' ? - Do Blue Jay fans beat up or mock Leaf fans?, or Raptor fans go after Jays fans? IF NO - what does that say - about SOME TFC fans - with the incident where the Argo fan got hassled at a TFC game or the reports from the TFC board that they would go after Argo fans daring to enter their little stadium ? I'll tell you what's no joke pal - and that's letting chickensh*t wannabe tough guys get to act as hooligans and turning a blind eye to it. SO - for instance - was anything done by security or TFC management at the game where the Argo fan got assaulted?; or, were there any consequences over at the TFC forum for those suggesting Argo fans get hassled or attacked for entering a TFC stadium?
    Last edited by OV Argo; 12-06-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Did you notice the wink emoticon thingy at the end of my post? OTOH - if you think it's fine to expect Argo fans to attend a TFC game and get showered with beer or otherwise assaulted and not be able to defend (yep that's what i was on about) themselves, I don't know how to reply. Ever heard any other such incident of one Toronto sports fan group going out of their way to attack another Toronto team fans' ? - Do Blue Jay fans beat up or mock Leaf fans?, or Raptor fans go after Jays fans? IF NO - what does that say - about SOME TFC fans - with the incident where the Argo fan got hassled at a TFC game or the reports from the TFC board that they would go after Argo fans daring to enter their little stadium ? I'll tell you what's no joke pal - and that's letting chickensh*t wannabe tough guys get to act as hooligans and turning a blind eye to it. SO - for instance - was anything done by security or TFC management at the game where the Argo fan got assaulted?; or, were there any consequences over at the TFC forum for those suggesting Argo fans get hassled or attacked for entering a TFC stadium?
    I never condoned the actions of the TFC fan(s) in the incident mentioned early. It appears you don't understand what is wrong with your original post though and that speaks for itself. Direct your questions to the person that posted about those things not me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I never condoned the actions of the TFC fan(s) in the incident mentioned early. It appears you don't understand what is wrong with your original post though and that speaks for itself. Direct your questions to the person that posted about those things not me.

So why don't you explain to me what was wrong with my original post here in the context of an Argo fan forum? - did you seriously believe it was a call to arms to incite Argo fans to form a vigilante group to get violent with TFC fans? Or maybe you are the supreme pooh-bah who can decide what can be talked about or joked about on such forums?
    OTOH - you decline to answer my question about possible consequences for TFC fans who assaulted an Argo fan or their fan forum suggesting actions against Argo fans entering their stadium, and nothing on the question of turning a blind eye to hooligans ??? - that does say something there TFC fan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Fair enough :-)

I meant that it was the single most popular option. It looks like there must be a fair number of Argonauts fans in York Region as there are a sizable amount of votes for Vaughan, Richmond Hill & Markham.
    There were 45 votes in an informal online poll. This is the very definition of unscientific and I would caution against drawing any conclusion broader than it may represent the opinions of the 45 individuals who clicked on one of the options. It sure isn't proof about the number of Argo fans living anywhere.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    So why don't you explain to me what was wrong with my original post here in the context of an Argo fan forum? - did you seriously believe it was a call to arms to incite Argo fans to form a vigilante group to get violent with TFC fans? Or maybe you are the supreme pooh-bah who can decide what can be talked about or joked about on such forums?
    You're free to post whatever you like but I don't think your post was funny or smart in anyway. Reading other people's responses it appears I'm not alone. Regardless you don't like my opinion about your post, that's your problem because I don't care.

OTOH - you decline to answer my question about possible consequences for TFC fans who assaulted an Argo fan or their fan forum suggesting actions against Argo fans entering their stadium, and nothing on the question of turning a blind eye to hooligans ??? - that does say something there TFC fan.
    I wasn't witness to the incident mentioned and I don't know about the posts mentioned either, so I don't know what happened. I don't know the details, that is why I told you to direct your questions at the person that posted about those things. Obviously I hope security and moderators dealt with the incidents appropriately. I was only commenting on your post.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    . Check your math on that poll brother. I count 15 people preferring bmo while 30 people would prefer something else.
    A majority goverment is formed with those #'s. What he was saying is correct. The majority wants BMO, I don't but most do.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    There were 45 votes in an informal online poll. This is the very definition of unscientific and I would caution against drawing any conclusion broader than it may represent the opinions of the 45 individuals who clicked on one of the options. It sure isn't proof about the number of Argo fans living anywhere.
    It's general knowledge that the majority of Argonauts fans live in the 905 Area Code. Now whether that's York, Peel or Durham region is another question.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    It's general knowledge that the majority of Argonauts fans live in the 905 Area Code. Now whether that's York, Peel or Durham region is another question.
    This statement has been repeated online by fans many times; that doesn't make it fact. And the 905 also includes Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth and Niagara Region.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    A majority goverment is formed with those #'s. What he was saying is correct. The majority wants BMO, I don't but most do.
    For the record, the word you're looking for is plurality -- the largest single group of votes where no choice has a majority. A plurality of people on this forum seem to prefer BMO amongst the available options.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    For the record, the word you're looking for is plurality -- the largest single group of votes where no choice has a majority. A plurality of people on this forum seem to prefer BMO amongst the available options.
    No, he said majority government. I don't know if winning 33% of the vote has ever led to a majority government in Canada, but the Ontario NDP did it with 37.6% in 1990.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    This statement has been repeated online by fans many times; that doesn't make it fact. And the 905 also includes Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth and Niagara Region.
    It's been repeated in the media numerous times by numerous different sources too. Yes that's true too but I would think that people from Hamilton Wentworth and Niagara would be more likely to be Ticats fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    It's been repeated in the media numerous times by numerous different sources too. Yes that's true too but I would think that people from Hamilton Wentworth and Niagara would be more likely to be Ticats fans.
    Except long time Argo fans Ravi and ArgoZ.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I'd love to see the statement attributed to someone connected to the team, who would actually know the demographics of their subscribers (who don't, I would hazard a guess, represent the majority of those who attend games).

Even if we discount H-W and Niagara as hotbeds of Argo fandom, as I've said seemingly hundreds of times what is commonly thought of as "the 905" -- the suburban region stretching from Burlington/Oakville/Milton in the west through the northern burbs to Oshawa/Whitby/Pickering in the east -- is a massive tract of land. Even if the majority of Argo fans do actually live within that tract of land, it is not a single, interconnected community in any sense. It is folly, IMO, to think that the majority of Argo fans in the 905 would want to see the stadium "somewhere" in the 905 just because they themselves live in the 905.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'd love to see the statement attributed to someone connected to the team, who would actually know the demographics of their subscribers (who don't, I would hazard a guess, represent the majority of those who attend games).

Even if we discount H-W and Niagara as hotbeds of Argo fandom, as I've said seemingly hundreds of times what is commonly thought of as "the 905" -- the suburban region stretching from Burlington/Oakville/Milton in the west through the northern burbs to Oshawa/Whitby/Pickering in the east -- is a massive tract of land. Even if the majority of Argo fans do actually live within that tract of land, it is not a single, interconnected community in any sense. It is folly, IMO, to think that the majority of Argo fans in the 905 would want to see the stadium "somewhere" in the 905 just because they themselves live in the 905.
    I'm with you there Paul, I live in the Oakville, Burlington area and actually prefer the team stay in the downtown Toronto area, in fact when I take the Go Train into Toronto there are many fans in the Burlington, Oakville area that go to TO. Surely the team must know their fan demographic and will govern themselves accordingly.

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It is folly, IMO, to think that the majority of Argo fans in the 905 would want to see the stadium "somewhere" in the 905 just because they themselves live in the 905.
    I agree. I think this is why the stadium needs to be in or around downtown.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I'm with you there Paul, I live in the Oakville, Burlington area and actually prefer the team stay in the downtown Toronto area, in fact when I take the Go Train into Toronto there are many fans in the Burlington, Oakville area that go to TO. Surely the team must know their fan demographic and will govern themselves accordingly.
    I agree with both you and Paul. I live in the Markham part of Thornhill which is close to Vaughan, Richmond Hill and main Markham. All would be easier places for me to get to rather than downtown, but I realize it isn't about me. The stadium needs to be in Toronto's city limits, and preferably somewhere close to downtown.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    .....He was assaulted, beer thrown at him, and forced out of sections by the hooligans there. I know not all TFC fans are like that, But it paints a pretty sad picture of a fanbase that has even posted on public forums their "plans" on what they will do to Argo fans entering "their" stadium should the Argos actually move there
    I dont think us Argofans would have much of a problem if we were accosted by a bunch of soccer fans.....it would play out like this im sure...

"Argofan throws a punch, TFC fan throws a yellow card, Argofans knocks out TFC fan, TFC fan throws a red card as he falls to the pavement...repeat."

(oh and nobody in double blue gets invited for Tea and Scones after the game)

hehehe
    Last edited by argonaut11xx; 12-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hey argonaut11xx I think it would go more like this. Drunk Argo Fan throws an amazing punch but misses wildly, TFC fan falls like he's been shot by a high powered rifle and rolls around crying holding his leg. haha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Hey argonaut11xx I think it would go more like this. Drunk Argo Fan throws an amazing punch but misses wildly, TFC fan falls like he's been shot by a high powered rifle and rolls around crying holding his leg. haha.
    Not quite right. Argo fan just glances in his direction, then he falls down as if he were shot, rolling around crying and holding his leg until someone come out and washes his face with a wet sponge, at which time he is miraculously cured.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    That is one magical sponge.
    It's us vs the rest of the country