Page 63 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2195
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Agreed cautious optimism Is the way to go. Hopefully, the tweet is a good sign of things to come, though having the Argos in BMO was never realistic for this season IMO.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    Damien Cox: Argos shipping off to BMO Field?
    Sportsnet Staff March 23, 2015, 3:21 PM

Sportsnet broadcaster Damien Cox joins Tim & Sid to discuss his report that it seems like the Toronto Argonauts will sign a lease agreement with MLSE to play their home games at BMO Field commencing with the 2016 season.

Listen Now

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    Damien Cox: Argos shipping off to BMO Field?
    Sportsnet Staff March 23, 2015, 3:21 PM

Sportsnet broadcaster Damien Cox joins Tim & Sid to discuss his report that it seems like the Toronto Argonauts will sign a lease agreement with MLSE to play their home games at BMO Field commencing with the 2016 season.

Listen Now
    If Cox doesn't know many players on the Argo offence, whose fault is that? I am sure he knows how many bowel movements a day that the 4th string goalie for the Leafs has and the approximate times when he has them too.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hopefully it's a lease just long enough to build the franchise up again and then find a GREAT owner and have their own stadium built. BMO isn't the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Nothing really new here, it's been reported for awhile that the parties involved are still talking lease and as of a week or two ago it's being said that it's close. My hope is that a sale and lease will be announced by the end of the month and we hear that MLSE are the new owners.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    My hope is that a sale and lease will be announced by the end of the month and we hear that MLSE are the new owners.
    And Calgary will announce a new domed stadium

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Norm Kelly is tweeting about it as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    And Calgary will announce a new domed stadium
    Ken King has been talking about a new arena/stadium in Calgary for 7 years, I'll won't hold my breath until the announcement is made.

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Well, I listened to the Cox thing on Tim and Sid (I never listen to Cox, actually, and now rarely listen to the Fan after decades of doing so). For him to state "I love the CFL" and that "no one at Rogers" wishes ill will on the CFL because it is a TSN property, and that he could see the CFL on Sportsnet at some time, is actually shocking to me. I had to look out the window to see if there were indeed pigs flying.

It means that the ground has shifted, if ever so slightly, and that Cox and his ilk may need to be walking themselves back to the CFL in order to cover their asses. Yes, this lease deal is likely done, and there may be more to come. I think that this will be the best thing to happen to our franchise in a long time (outside of winning the GC, of course!). Having been to BMO a few times, I think it will make for a great atmosphere.

The other shoe is going to drop, soon, hopefully (the first shoe being the demise of the Bills to Toronto nonsense). With a new commissioner, the Draft announced for May 12, there will, I hope, be some sort of announcement in the next few weeks, if not sooner.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    Well, I listened to the Cox thing on Tim and Sid (I never listen to Cox, actually, and now rarely listen to the Fan after decades of doing so). For him to state "I love the CFL" and that "no one at Rogers" wishes ill will on the CFL because it is a TSN property, and that he could see the CFL on Sportsnet at some time, is actually shocking to me. I had to look out the window to see if there were indeed pigs flying.

It means that the ground has shifted, if ever so slightly, and that Cox and his ilk may need to be walking themselves back to the CFL in order to cover their asses. Yes, this lease deal is likely done, and there may be more to come. I think that this will be the best thing to happen to our franchise in a long time (outside of winning the GC, of course!). Having been to BMO a few times, I think it will make for a great atmosphere.

The other shoe is going to drop, soon, hopefully (the first shoe being the demise of the Bills to Toronto nonsense). With a new commissioner, the Draft announced for May 12, there will, I hope, be some sort of

announcement in the next few weeks, if not sooner.

I do not believe anything two faced Cox or his ilk say about anything to do with the Argos or CFL.
    He is from the merry band of McClown's and combination Sportsnet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I do not believe anything two faced Cox or his ilk say about anything to do with the Argos or CFL.
    He is from the merry band of McClown's and combination Sportsnet.
    When Cox's said he was a Hugh CFL fan and Rogers has nothing agaist the CFL. I puked!!! And boy are they going nuts over at the Red Patch boys. They have already started the campaign of phoning their TFC ticket rep to cancel their season tickets. Also they are contacting city councillors to vote NO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMO_Field

I wasn't aware of this but it seemed like a prerequisite for BMO to be a soccer specific stadium if MLS allowed an expansion team to join. Nobody has mentioned it but I'm wondering if TFC fans are worried about losing the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I do give the RedPatch guy credit. They have respond to city councillors Norm Kelly's tweet that the Argos are moving to BMO in good numbers, with comments like **** the Argos and Norm you must not want to be re elected. Do you think maybe 1 or 2 of us could respond with a positve tweet to Norm Kelly's to show we have a few fans?, na that would require team work

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMO_Field

I wasn't aware of this but it seemed like a prerequisite for BMO to be a soccer specific stadium if MLS allowed an expansion team to join. Nobody has mentioned it but I'm wondering if TFC fans are worried about losing the team.
    The stadium is still entirely suitable for soccer and MLS cannot afford to pull one of their more successful franchises so I really don't think TFC fans are worried about losing their team.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Norm Kelly is tweeting about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    If there was a possibility that MLS would revoke the TFC franchise as a result of the Argos moving into BMO Field, I highly doubt a lease deal with the Argos would be on the table.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    Do you think maybe 1 or 2 of us could respond with a positve tweet to Norm Kelly's to show we have a few fans?, na that would require team work
    Done...and I actually did it without being rude to the TFC fans that feel entitled.

**EDIT**

I love how these TFC hardcore fans are tweeting that this will stop him from being re-elected. In a city of over 2,000,000, do they really think that the 20-30k of them have that big a say? And let's be honest, there probably are only a few hundred or so that would genuinely be that upset.
    Last edited by AngeloV; 03-24-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Tiny little upstarts like TFC and it's Redpatch Fellas whose team has been around for a fart of a period of time make me puke. Typical of the generation of young pukes who feel like everything is theirs and theirs only.
    How many of those fans actually call Toronto home. Many come in from other towns and cities. I don't see this team or league lasting the long haul. They're spending huge bucks on second or third class soccer players with generally pretty small crowds. Plus TFC wins squat.

Many fans will be thrilled with going to BMO but I still feel that's it's a giant step backwards. They should have just done a reno on CNE Stadium back in the day. Too bad that Rogers are such F@#@ers because I actually like the dome and It's location can't be beat.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    More tickets for me then!

Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    When Cox's said he was a Hugh CFL fan and Rogers has nothing agaist the CFL. I puked!!! And boy are they going nuts over at the Red Patch boys. They have already started the campaign of phoning their TFC ticket rep to cancel their season tickets. Also they are contacting city councillors to vote NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Done...and I actually did it without being rude to the TFC fans that feel entitled.

**EDIT**

I love how these TFC hardcore fans are tweeting that this will stop him from being re-elected. In a city of over 2,000,000, do they really think that the 20-30k of them have that big a say? And let's be honest, there probably are only a few hundred or so that would genuinely be that upset.
    Sadly I don't tweet but good on him!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

If there was a possibility that MLS would revoke the TFC franchise as a result of the Argos moving into BMO Field, I highly doubt a lease deal with the Argos would be on the table.

I think MLS needs the Canadian franchise.
    http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-so...er-financially

The blue jay fans seem happy to see us go
    http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2015/3...lease-with-bmo

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Jeff Blair may just be the biggest loser in a gigantic cavalcade of media losers in Toronto, truly. I think that asshole is originally from Winnipeg, isn't he? Now that he's grown up and moved to the big city, he has some deep concern for TFC's plight. Wow, listening to his misinformation and outright ignorance about the Argos to BMO ("the Argos messed up the Varsity stadium deal," "I don't just criticize the CFL because its not on Sportsnet, I criticized UFC (!)", etc.), its really amazing that the man calls himself a "journalist."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    Jeff Blair may just be the biggest loser in a gigantic cavalcade of media losers in Toronto, truly. I think that asshole is originally from Winnipeg, isn't he? Now that he's grown up and moved to the big city, he has some deep concern for TFC's plight. Wow, listening to his misinformation and outright ignorance about the Argos to BMO ("the Argos messed up the Varsity stadium deal," "I don't just criticize the CFL because its not on Sportsnet, I criticized UFC (!)", etc.), its really amazing that the man calls himself a "journalist."
    Blair only knows a thing or two about baseball, and he does sound like a giant a**hole when he talks.

I stopped listening to 590 the day TSN radio launched. Granted, TSN 1050 has some young know nothings on air as well, but I enjoy listening to Richards, Naylor, Tatti and Hogan. Let's be honest, for the most part the day of the on air sports expert is gone. All the new guys come across as just being too cool for the room.
    It's us vs the rest of the country