Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2195
    Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    And let's be honest, there probably are only a few dozen (CYP) or so that would genuinely be that upset.
    Or vote.

I stopped listening to 590 the day TSN radio launched.
    I stopped listening when McCown kept having the same American guests on over and over and over and over again. Tell me again, what does Darren Rovell and Bob Ryan have to say that is pertinent to a Canadian audience?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post

I stopped listening when McCown kept having the same American guests on over and over and over and over again. Tell me again, what does Darren Rovell and Bob Ryan have to say that is pertinent to a Canadian audience?
    McCowan lost me years ago when he said that he doesn't like to interview the actual athletes because "Frankly, they bore me." I think that is a sign that he is well past his expiry date. He'd rather talk to a TV prodction guy that passes himself off as some sort of hockey expert like John Shannon? Or a runt that tries to pass himself off as a basketball expert like Eric Smith?

I find it almost impossible to even try and listen to that station now.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Can't disagree with any of the previous comments. The Rogers people have become an arrogant bunch on a whole. But we have the last laugh by turning them off.

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I gotta say, the collective freakout on Twitter and on the Red Patch Boys forums is really something to behold. Missing the playoffs for eight years, paying about the same price for tickets as Man U to watch mostly un-entertaining soccer, getting scammed on the "bloody big deal" and generally being subjected to the shittiest performance by a soccer team on this and just about every other continent on the planet is not enough to piss them off-- but the Argos coming to "their" stadium makes them want to give up their season's tickets/supporting their team?! Hard to follow that logic, really. I am actually a soccer fan, and have been to a few TFC games (and will likely buy tickets for TFC when the Argos get into BMO), but this outpouring of irrationality is pretty amazing.

Sheesh, instead of focusing on the indignities that have actually been visited upon the TFC fanbase, they're worried about what might happen because their team ends up sharing a stadium (which they don't own or paid for) with another Toronto team, that they will never see. Its completely weird behaviour, and I have to believe that despite their protestations, this isn't about the impact on their team (they clearly don't care that much to the performance or treatment of TFC, given the last eight years), but it is about the Argos, and their hatred for the CFL. Really, why is it only now that they collectively jump ship? Missing the playoffs last year, after Tim L. guaranteed them wasn't enough to do it, but 10 games a year for the Argos is? What the hell?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I'm not sure that Argo fans would be especially welcoming if the situation was reversed. If, say, the York deal had happened and we had a perfect football-specific stadium right now, I don't think there would be much enthusiasm for adapting it to bring in a soccer team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I'm not sure that Argo fans would be especially welcoming if the situation was reversed. If, say, the York deal had happened and we had a perfect football-specific stadium right now, I don't think there would be much enthusiasm for adapting it to bring in a soccer team.
    I disagree.

You will never here an Argo fan complaining that the added use would ruin the field (or should I say pitch??). Furthermore, if the York deal had happened, it would have been shared with York football and soccer. There was never talk about a government funded, football specific stadium being built.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I disagree.

You will never here an Argo fan complaining that the added use would ruin the field (or should I say pitch??). Furthermore, if the York deal had happened, it would have been shared with York football and soccer. There was never talk about a government funded, football specific stadium being built.
    And likely would have had field turf which wouldn't be damaged.

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Well, there are already precedents out there for CFL teams "accepting" facilities that are not football first: Als fans share their field with a University, and have all kinds of soccer lines on their field-- do they complain, threaten and whine about this? In fact, it is pretty weird that TFC actually had fake grass initially, back in the first couple of years of the team, and no one complained about their "experience" being ruined. Now, however, it is a huge problem for them to even consider sharing a field, heaven forbid a reversion to fake stuff (Seattle and Vancouver seem to do OK sharing a field with football, indeed, Seattle probably has the best fans in the league, but they don't complain).

Funny thing is, these same soccer types would be very keen to have the 2026 World Cup in Canada, which the CSA is going to put forward-- where do you think that will happen? In CFL stadiums, of course! So, its A-OK for the CFL to disrupt an entire season (as is happening this year with the Women's World Cup), and happily hand their stadiums over to the soccer people, but the thought of even sharing a field at a government owned facility with a CFL team is inconceivable.

Maybe Braley shouldn't have bailed out the Vancouver 86ers back in the day (which eventually became the Whitecaps).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    Well, there are already precedents out there for CFL teams "accepting" facilities that are not football first: Als fans share their field with a University, and have all kinds of soccer lines on their field-- do they complain, threaten and whine about this? In fact, it is pretty weird that TFC actually had fake grass initially, back in the first couple of years of the team, and no one complained about their "experience" being ruined. Now, however, it is a huge problem for them to even consider sharing a field, heaven forbid a reversion to fake stuff (Seattle and Vancouver seem to do OK sharing a field with football, indeed, Seattle probably has the best fans in the league, but they don't complain).

Funny thing is, these same soccer types would be very keen to have the 2026 World Cup in Canada, which the CSA is going to put forward-- where do you think that will happen? In CFL stadiums, of course! So, its A-OK for the CFL to disrupt an entire season (as is happening this year with the Women's World Cup), and happily hand their stadiums over to the soccer people, but the thought of even sharing a field at a government owned facility with a CFL team is inconceivable.

Maybe Braley shouldn't have bailed out the Vancouver 86ers back in the day (which eventually became the Whitecaps).
    This has to be a "post of the year" candidate. Bravo!
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

Mosaic Stadium has soccer lines all over it and has had for years. I never really paid attention until this whole BMO fiasco started.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Jeff Blair may just be the biggest loser in a gigantic cavalcade of media losers in Toronto, truly. I think that asshole is originally from Winnipeg, isn't he? Now that he's grown up and moved to the big city, he has some deep concern for TFC's plight. Wow, listening to his misinformation and outright ignorance about the Argos to BMO ("the Argos messed up the Varsity stadium deal," "I don't just criticize the CFL because its not on Sportsnet, I criticized UFC (!)", etc.), its really amazing that the man calls himself a "journalist."
    The Fan basically has no talent left, Blair is the best though, takes him 10 minutes to spit out his nasal toned questions only to give his guest 10 seconds to answer.
    Sports radio has passed its "Best before" date.

Well said, I guess TFC fans tax dollars trump Argonaut fans tax dollars.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    Mosaic Stadium has soccer lines all over it and has had for years. I never really paid attention until this whole BMO fiasco started.

The soccer lines have been an eye sore in most of our CFL stadiums for years.
    It's long overdo to get rid of the lines, period.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    I do give the RedPatch guy credit. They have respond to city councillors Norm Kelly's tweet that the Argos are moving to BMO in good numbers, with comments like **** the Argos and Norm you must not want to be re elected. Do you think maybe 1 or 2 of us could respond with a positve tweet to Norm Kelly's to show we have a few fans?, na that would require team work
    Worst threat ever! Norm Kelly is 73 so he may not run again, but he could probably get re-elected in his sleep.

I gotta say, the collective freakout on Twitter and on the Red Patch Boys forums is really something to behold. Missing the playoffs for eight years, paying about the same price for tickets as Man U to watch mostly un-entertaining soccer, getting scammed on the "bloody big deal" and generally being subjected to the shittiest performance by a soccer team on this and just about every other continent on the planet is not enough to piss them off-- but the Argos coming to "their" stadium makes them want to give up their season's tickets/supporting their team?! Hard to follow that logic, really.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    It was a different era, but the Jays and the Blizzard started playing at Exhibition Stadium without any complaints from Argo fans that I can remember.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Good point about the Blizzard. Don't forget, Argolio, that a perfectly good football stadium in old Exhibition Stadium had to be reconfigured for the Blue Jays in the mid-1970s and I don't recall Argos fans being up in arms over that although I was fairly young at the time.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Hey, hey watch it guys, this is a TFC-heavy site!

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    In fact, it is pretty weird that TFC actually had fake grass initially, back in the first couple of years of the team, and no one complained about their "experience" being ruined. Now, however, it is a huge problem for them to even consider sharing a field, heaven forbid a reversion to fake stuff.
    Sorry, that is false. Many TFC fans were not happy with the "plastic pitch" from the beginning. They were concerned back then that had the Argos moved in before MLSE installed the $5M natural surface at BMO Field it would not have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    The soccer lines have been an eye sore in most of our CFL stadiums for years.
    It's long overdo to get rid of the lines, period.
    Permanently installing both sets of lines into artificial turf is done as a cost saving measure and I agree it doesn't look good for either sport. That's why Rogers Centre, Commonwealth Stadium, BC Place, Investors Group Field, TD Place Stadium and Tim Hortons Field don't have permanent lines installed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Sorry, that is false. Many TFC fans were not happy with the "plastic pitch" from the beginning. They were concerned back then that had the Argos moved in before MLSE installed the $5M natural surface at BMO Field it would not have happened.
    Define many.

Personally, I think there is a small overall amount of those that actually attend TFC games that even care. You can't judge by forums, because people on forums are basically extremists. Forum members are definitely in the minority of people that make up live crowds. The same goes for Argos/CFL fans.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Define many.

Personally, I think there is a small overall amount of those that actually attend TFC games that even care. You can't judge by forums, because people on forums are basically extremists. Forum members are definitely in the minority of people that make up live crowds. The same goes for Argos/CFL fans.
    Downtownfan claimed "no one complained" which is false. How do you know how many people attending TFC games "actually care?" Define "actually caring." You're entitled to your opinion but ultimately the natural surface was installed.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Save it for the TFC forum ... this thread is about ARGOS at BMO Field!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Downtownfan claimed "no one complained" which is false. How do you know how many people attending TFC games "actually care?" Define "actually caring." You're entitled to your opinion but ultimately the natural surface was installed.
    I mean care about the stadium being soccer specific, or what the playing surface is like. Honsetly, and it's not just TFC, I think we tend to over estimate how many fans attending any sporting events actually care as in depth as those of us die hards do. Die hard fans are in the minority of any sporting team.