Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2195
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    The BMO reno has been in the Sun on multi sports pages the last couple of days.
    With Leiweke categorically stating how the Argos, if involved, would play second fiddle yet again as a tenant.
    We don't want this again, at least I do not as a many year season ticket holder.
    Really? You'd expect the Argos to become the primary tenant? You want MLS to wait on their schedules for the CFL to decide on their's? (MLS sked comes out first) Let alone TFC has been there for years.

Here's a suggestion. Head over to the TFC site and check out their home schedule. Then try and find a couple of grey matter cells to rub together so you can see that this is a non issue ... and you have have gone all "drama" for nothing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    These results will not surprise anyone but here is actual evidence that the Argos/CFL are far more popular than TFC/MLS in Toronto, Ontario, and Canada: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...202051528.html
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    With Leiweke categorically stating how the Argos, if involved, would play second fiddle yet again as a tenant.
    We don't want this again, at least I do not as a many year season ticket holder.
    I demand our own stadium! The natives in my section are getting restless!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    People. Argos will be primary tenants on game days, do we really care what the stadium atmosphere is like on non game days. It will be the Argos home because the Argos play there. Leweike making any assurances as he's about to bolt town is laughable. They are just catering to the cry babies who's team has no SSS or an actual name.

Schedules will not overlap at all

As an Argos fan, BMO is Argos Stadium, case closed. Ignore the posturing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13
    Gee AT... It's obvious to me that I am not the only one on here that sees pretty well anything you post as ridiculous. I'd give you the it's not you, it's me routine...But it is you.

Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    People. Argos will be primary tenants on game days, do we really care what the stadium atmosphere is like on non game days. It will be the Argos home because the Argos play there. Leweike making any assurances as he's about to bolt town is laughable. They are just catering to the cry babies who's team has no SSS or an actual name.

Schedules will not overlap at all

As an Argos fan, BMO is Argos Stadium, case closed. Ignore the posturing.
    Couldn't agree more.

My take on the entire situation is that..Does it really matter what Tim Lewickie says concerning the 2 tenants? What's he have left, a couple of months? If the Argos can some day become profitable and TFC and MLS as a whole, continue to lose money, who do you think MLSE will end up throwing their support behind?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    These results will not surprise anyone but here is actual evidence that the Argos/CFL are far more popular than TFC/MLS in Toronto, Ontario, and Canada: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...202051528.html
    I love this line from Zelkovich's story:

While Leiweke appeared to be more pro-TFC in an interview with the Sun, a subsequent story in the Toronto Star made him sound much more open to accommodating the Argonauts.
    How many times have we heard on here that the Sun is far more friendly to the Argos than the Star? I'm sure Leiweke didn't tell completely different stories to the different reporters. Obviously a case of the writers writing what the wanted to write.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Lets also not forget that Lieweke is also the CEO of the corp that owns TFC, and therefore has to cater to his CURRENT cliental regardless of who owns the Argos tomorrow. Imagine how Argo fans would react if it were the opposite situation and the owner was pandering to the fans of a team he did not own yet, or ever. Also beggars cant be choosers, but as much as it pains me to admit we are the beggars in this scenario. Tom, are you really pulling an RPB and threatening your seasons over this? Be the bigger man and see how this plays out first.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Very interesting but not surprising.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

Get real, how about equal tenant on a city owned stadium owned by taxpayers.
    There should be no primary tenant under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Gee AT... It's obvious to me that I am not the only one on here that sees pretty well anything you post as ridiculous. I'd give you the it's not you, it's me routine...But it is you.
    You are still around aren't you.
    You and your ilk must still live in your parents basement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Level
    You are still around aren't you.
    You and your ilk must still live in your parents basement.
    I actually live in my car, but thanks for caring.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Get real, how about equal tenant on a city owned stadium owned by taxpayers.
    There should be no primary tenant under the circumstances.
    The city may own the stadium but they gave up certain rights by leasing the stadium to MLSE. Write the mayor and your councillor. Maybe they will force the inclusion of your stipulation in the next lease agreement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Lets also not forget that Lieweke is also the CEO of the corp that owns TFC, and therefore has to cater to his CURRENT cliental regardless of who owns the Argos tomorrow. Imagine how Argo fans would react if it were the opposite situation and the owner was pandering to the fans of a team he did not own yet, or ever. Also beggars cant be choosers, but as much as it pains me to admit we are the beggars in this scenario. Tom, are you really pulling an RPB and threatening your seasons over this? Be the bigger man and see how this plays out first.
    MLSE would probably be thrilled if the supporter groups bail. Those nickel and dimers will just be freeing up the cheap seats but the premiums and boxes will still remain full. Then they can push the cheaper seats and expand the fanbase to new well behaved and less problematic family types. In the end it will b a nice civil Leafs/Raps type crowd. No dealing with banners , drums , flags and all the other security problems.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    MLSE would probably be thrilled if the supporter groups bail. Those nickel and dimers will just be freeing up the cheap seats but the premiums and boxes will still remain full. Then they can push the cheaper seats and expand the fanbase to new well behaved and less problematic family types. In the end it will b a nice civil Leafs/Raps type crowd. No dealing with banners , drums , flags and all the other security problems.
    You mean the supporters that MLSE have used in much of the advertising over the years to sell the event. The supporters that fans mention when talking about the atmosphere at the stadium that differentiates a TFC game from the rest of the market. How do banners, drums, flags cause security problems? Believe it or not there are issues at Leafs and Raptors games as well. The Jays home opener is probably the biggest drunken shit show sporting event of year for I don't know how many years running now. I've even seen people thrown out of Argos games. MLSE knows TFC is not the Leafs and runs it according.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You mean the supporters that MLSE have used in much of the advertising over the years to sell the event. The supporters that fans mention when talking about the atmosphere at the stadium that differentiates a TFC game from the rest of the market. How do banners, drums, flags cause security problems? Believe it or not there are issues at Leafs and Raptors games as well. The Jays home opener is probably the biggest drunken shit show sporting event of year for I don't know how many years running now. I've even seen people thrown out of Argos games. MLSE knows TFC is not the Leafs and runs it according.
    Supporter sections are great. I personally do not like standing in them, but they make for a great atmosphere all around the stadium, even though they are confined. Hopefully the Argos can improve or expand on theirs, if they move to BMO.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Supporter sections are great. I personally do not like standing in them, but they make for a great atmosphere all around the stadium, even though they are confined. Hopefully the Argos can improve or expand on theirs, if they move to BMO.
    I won't be surprised if that's part of the Argos plan. They have the ArgoLifers section at Rogers Centre with the drums, flags, etc. Look at the photos the Argos are using to promote tickets on their site.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The one thing that bothered me at Toronto FC games were the idiots who light off flares. It is only a few individuals, but come on don't be stupid! Just because the extreme fringe of soccer supporters in Europe choose to do it doesn't mean it should be replicated everywhere else.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:

Level
    Just caught Leweike speaking at the TFC game on tv, and they of course asked him his thoughts on the Argos playing at BMO. Some great positive points for the Argos moving there...

"There should be an obligation to help/protect the CFL and the Argos in Toronto, and feels it is the right thing to do to have the Argos play there, if they are able to work everything out. There has also been a strong voice from the Mayor and the City on this. The pitch and atmosphere would be no different than today for TFC fans and TFC would get schedule preference"

DeVos then asked about the pitch specifically...

"There will be extra money going into the pitch, leveraging new technology and heat added to the field to help the grass grow more quickly. Would be using a hybrid system similar to that used in Europe and are spending $3 million to have this"

Those are paraphrased as best as I could just remember. But all in all, to me that's a positive sound from him. Even if TFC gets schedule preference, that's around 20 home games to deal with against them versus 82 with the Jays. They play mainly Saturday and Wednesday games, which would leave Thurs, Fri, Sun open for most Argos games.

Hopefully we hear something this week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny G View Post
    Just caught Leweike speaking at the TFC game on tv, and they of course asked him his thoughts on the Argos playing at BMO. Some great positive points for the Argos moving there...

"There should be an obligation to help/protect the CFL and the Argos in Toronto, and feels it is the right thing to do to have the Argos play there, if they are able to work everything out. There has also been a strong voice from the Mayor and the City on this. The pitch and atmosphere would be no different than today for TFC fans and TFC would get schedule preference"
    This sounds as good as anything so far. Of course we still have to wait to see what kind of stick Rogers puts in the turning wheel.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Friday night games in summer and Sunday's in fall sounds pretty good. Of course if TFC is away for the weekend, a Saturday would be fine too. The best part of a BMO schedule would be a balanced home and away rotation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny G View Post

DeVos then asked about the pitch specifically...

"There will be extra money going into the pitch, leveraging new technology and heat added to the field to help the grass grow more quickly. Would be using a hybrid system similar to that used in Europe and are spending $3 million to have this"

Those are paraphrased as best as I could just remember. But all in all, to me that's a positive sound from him. Even if TFC gets schedule preference, that's around 20 home games to deal with against them versus 82 with the Jays. They play mainly Saturday and Wednesday games, which would leave Thurs, Fri, Sun open for most Argos games.

Hopefully we hear something this week.
    I think that he repeated how the Prime Minister, the Premier and the mayor all want the Argos' move to BMO Field to happen. His mention about $3 million having already been invested into making the field compatible for both the Argos and TFC leads me to believe that the deal is done but he simply did not want to let the cat out of the bag just yet.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force