Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post

Problem is, that I think Brandon might have a hard time convincing Ralph Wilson to give back the $10 million he gets from Rogers for every game played in Toronto.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Was listening to the team 1040 out here in Vancouver this morning and Mitch Burger ( retired NFL kicker ) was saying the same thing about the Bills being reviewed, then said moving the Bills to Toronto was a bad idea, and that he loved the CFL and its doing great right now why mess with it, they then discussed the national poll and said why would the NFL want to piss off 40% Canadians foot ball fans of which some travel to Detroit, buffalo and Seattle to watch games. Not that he has any say in the matters, but it does say something, that there are most likely voices in the NFL that don't want to harm the CFL, and that there are other areas in the US that can sustain growth for the NFL and Canada isn't necessary. This whole Bills in Toronto was the miss guided brain child of Phil Lind, and when Ted passed Phil found a new partner in Larry Tanenbaum, Rogers renewed this in spite of all the reasons not to, for two reasons, they knew the CFL was growing its foot print area again and their window was closing, and they knew once the series was cancelled that would be admitting it didnt work, and it would be a decade or more before the NFL reviewed it again. I think with MLSE buying the Argos, Rogers tied up with five billion on hockey and both the poll and now the review of the series i think its safe to say a two billion dollars investment for 8 home games a year isn't looking like a wise investment As for the vocal minority who cant belive the CFL is popular, these are all twenty something kids, there tech savy so they are on all the tweets and posting, but their primary knowlege of football comes from playing madden on theirs x-boxes, so they really don't have a clue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_davy View Post
    Was listening to the team 1040 out here in Vancouver this morning and Mitch Burger ( retired NFL kicker ) was saying the same thing about the Bills being reviewed, then said moving the Bills to Toronto was a bad idea, and that he loved the CFL and its doing great right now why mess with it, they then discussed the national poll and said why would the NFL want to piss off 40% Canadians foot ball fans of which some travel to Detroit, buffalo and Seattle to watch games. Not that he has any say in the matters, but it does say something, that there are most likely voices in the NFL that don't want to harm the CFL, and that there are other areas in the US that can sustain growth for the NFL and Canada isn't necessary. This whole Bills in Toronto was the miss guided brain child of Phil Lind, and when Ted passed Phil found a new partner in Larry Tanenbaum, Rogers renewed this in spite of all the reasons not to, for two reasons, they knew the CFL was growing its foot print area again and their window was closing, and they knew once the series was cancelled that would be admitting it didnt work, and it would be a decade or more before the NFL reviewed it again. I think with MLSE buying the Argos, Rogers tied up with five billion on hockey and both the poll and now the review of the series i think its safe to say a two billion dollars investment for 8 home games a year isn't looking like a wise investment As for the vocal minority who cant belive the CFL is popular, these are all twenty something kids, there tech savy so they are on all the tweets and posting, but their primary knowlege of football comes from playing madden on theirs x-boxes, so they really don't have a clue.
    About the last part. I have noticed a large increase in CFL fans posting positive league info and stats on non CFL boards which is fantastic. HF Boards and the like are really becoming a good destination to discuss CFL ball in a positive environment. For the few negative comments there are I see a lot of pro CFL posters putting them in their place nicely with simple FACTS like tv ratings and confirmed league stats that really cannot be argued in an intelligent manner. You know who you are. keep up the good work.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Spent some time reading through posts on the Bills fan board this week. Today there was a lot of excitement over hints of ending the Toronto series mixed with a lot of suspicion over Brandon's motives. They really have hate-on for their ownership and felt he may just be saying what they want to hear. A minority view the games as a necessary evil to keep the team afloat (it's hard to argue with economics of regionalizing their fan base, IMO) but the vast majority are resolutely opposed to the series.

My most striking thought is that Bills fans at present are rather like Argo fans on a larger scale. They feel besieged and powerless over large economic players making choices over their beloved team while having no control themselves. Everyone loves an underdog, of course, so I found myself reconsidering my long-standing commitment to never becoming a Bills follower.
    Last edited by Tau Ceti; 12-04-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I see John Kyk? Is reporting on the NFL coming to T.O again and how the new Bills owner would have no issue with a T.O NFL team. Just can't let this story die. What gets me is he reports that a NFL run poll, suggest (4) years ago that the NFL is the second favorite sport in all of Canada's big city. You would think as a journalist he would at least mention that this is counter to what REAL polling states, like The Agust Reid Poll. Someone at least sent him that poll on on his twitter account and called him out on it

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Who's John Kyk? Never heard of him. The guys a DICK if he believes that poll.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Who's John Kyk? Never heard of him. The guys a DICK if he believes that poll.
    It is John Kryk and he is the NFL writer for the Sun.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It is John Kryk and he is the NFL writer for the Sun.
    I guess it's time to resurrect the NFL to Toronto BS again??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Here`s what i find VERY funny....the Bill`s are losing a home game again this year, as the team is scheduled to play a game in London.

hehe
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021