Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    What 'rules' did I break?

I'm willing to bet that my time at IBM as a network Infrastructure analyst I had more "control" of the Internet than you would ever dream of.
    Isn't off topic against the rules? That's why I extended a PM invitation. Cool and as I said I have 20 years in the Telecommunications industry working for numerous ILEC and CLEC companies.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see what system they come up with. My understanding is that the grass won't be planted but laid on top of the concrete surface in some fashion for the baseball season and then removed when it is finished.
    So what happens to the Bills game if the Jays make the playoffs? (Yeah yeah I know that it's highly unlikely :-)

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So what happens to the Bills game if the Jays make the playoffs? (Yeah yeah I know that it's highly unlikely :-)
    I don't have all the logistical answers but I'm sure they will figure something out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If the Bills game is scheduled from about mid-November onwards then it won't matter if the Jays make the playoffs or not.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see what system they come up with. My understanding is that the grass won't be planted but laid on top of the concrete surface in some fashion for the baseball season and then removed when it is finished.
    If they are going to lay it down similar to the recent soccer games they have had at the dome, then they can sure remove it for any event, even one requiring seating reconfiguration. They could even bring in turf for football and grass for baseball. Turnover would be more time, as would cost, but that's already known when switching to expensive grass. I just can't see multipurpose Rogers Centre sitting idle for a long baseball season. It is currently and constantly booked every weekend and more, as is.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/26...-rogers-centre

If its season tickets notices have been delayed this long, its because the bills are trying to get out of this deal, and rogers is still saying they want it. Phil Lind wont give up, and admit this was a turd.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_davy View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/26...-rogers-centre

If its season tickets notices have been delayed this long, its because the bills are trying to get out of this deal, and rogers is still saying they want it. Phil Lind wont give up, and admit this was a turd.
    Lind is the one who wanted it to begin with. Ted (who lots here deride unfairly) went with the idea because he was sold that it would be a big money maker. I doubt it would have been renewed in the first place if Ted was still around.

Anyways. We'll see soon if this reporter has just been talking out if his ass the whole time.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Lind is the one who wanted it to begin with. Ted (who lots here deride unfairly) went with the idea because he was sold that it would be a big money maker. I doubt it would have been renewed in the first place if Ted was still around.

Anyways. We'll see soon if this reporter has just been talking out if his ass the whole time.
    I don't even get what rogers wants this for, they don't even think they have the national rights to broadcast it, they might have the regional but that's it. TSN has exclusive national broadcast rights to all the NFL next year. Rogers through everything at the NHL.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    If they are going to lay it down similar to the recent soccer games they have had at the dome, then they can sure remove it for any event, even one requiring seating reconfiguration. They could even bring in turf for football and grass for baseball. Turnover would be more time, as would cost, but that's already known when switching to expensive grass. I just can't see multipurpose Rogers Centre sitting idle for a long baseball season. It is currently and constantly booked every weekend and more, as is.
    Like I said we will have to wait and see but they have said several times that during the baseball season the seat configuration will be locked in place because of the grass. I believe they also mentioned that they are going to put in a drainage system in to the floor which is currently not there. I assume the drainage would be so they could water the grass over the baseball season. When they lay the grass down for soccer games it is used only the one time, if they did that every weekend or every other weekend it would be extremely expensive. Also a baseball field is significantly larger than a soccer pitch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't even get what rogers wants this for, they don't even think they have the national rights to broadcast it, they might have the regional but that's it. TSN has exclusive national broadcast rights to all the NFL next year. Rogers through everything at the NHL.
    After the NFL endorsed the renewal of the Bills in Toronto series, Rogers waited a few months, then signed for another 5 years. I believe this was done to maintain Rogers relationship with the NFL. They would have egg on their faces if they decided to reject the NFL games after Goddell had approved the deal. Rogers was probably hoping the Bills would finally became a playoff-calibre team, which might stoke some fan interest in Toronto.

Pelley said during the BiT confirmation press conference that the deal "allowed the Bills in Toronto game to be broadcast on Sportsnet", which probably cinched the deal for Rogers. I believe the NFL agreed to schedule the BiT game at 4:00 pm, so could be shown on Sportsnet (the actual NFL TV rights were purchased by Rogers in a separate deal).

The 2013 Bills in Toronto game drew only 250,000 viewers across Canada on Sportsnet.

I'm not so sure Rogers is actually losing their NFL broadcasting rights to TSN, that has not been confirmed as far as I know.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.c...n-ctv-and-tsn/

TSN and Bell have exclusive sunday coverage of all the Canadian brodcast NFL games, so unless the bills in toronto is moved to another time as far as i know Rogers can't even televise it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.c...n-ctv-and-tsn/

TSN and Bell have exclusive sunday coverage of all the Canadian brodcast NFL games, so unless the bills in toronto is moved to another time as far as i know Rogers can't even televise it.
    TSN/Bell, I believe, have the rights to the 1 pm and Sunday/Monday night (and maybe the Thursday night?) games while Rogers has the rights to the 4 pm games on Sunday. All of the Bills in Toronto games so far have been shown on Rogers.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    its says in the press release TSN now has Sunday 4pm games, i'm i reading that incorrectly? or is it divided?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    its says in the press release TSN now has Sunday 4pm games, i'm i reading that incorrectly? or is it divided?
    That is correct. The deal Ravi speaks of expeired after the 2013 season.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    That is correct. The deal Ravi speaks of expeired after the 2013 season.
    That teaches me for not reading that link. I guess Rogers has no money now for anything other than the NHL and Blue Jays baseball.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    So according to the new contract, rogers cant even televise the game, whats the point of this anymore to them then?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I guess the NFL could schedule the Bills in Toronto game on Thursday night or Thanksgiving? But there it is in black & white, CTV/TSN takes over the 4:00 pm games from Sportsnet and CityTV. This is a real kick in teeth for Rogers who had staked a lot on the NFL... which explains Rogers massive overbidding for NHL TV rights. This shut out TSN, who said they didn't want to pay any more than the $40 million they had been paying for the NHL rights.

This also explains the saturation NFL advertising on the Olympic networks, "The NFL Lives Here!" But no mention of the CFL? I guess TSN is now totally committed to the NFL and perhaps believes the CFL doesn't need any promotion?

TSN has used the popularity of the CFL games to promote the NFL on TSN and CTV. They will rarely promote or even mention Sunday CFL games during CFL broadcasts (while FNF and Sat. games are promoted). TSN runs slickly-produced saturation ads for SNF, MNF and CTV NFL Sunday on CFL telecasts, even if they go head-to-head against a CFL Sunday game (which isn't mentioned). The sad part is TSN is the only media friend the CFL has (had?) CTV and Sportsnet seem to hate the CFL while most other networks largely ignore them.
    Maybe if MLSE buys the Argos and with Rogers dumping the NFL, will they become CFL boosters? Yaaaay, Rogers!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    I guess the NFL could schedule the Bills in Toronto game on Thursday night or Thanksgiving? But there it is in black & white, CTV/TSN takes over the 4:00 pm games from Sportsnet and CityTV. This is a real kick in teeth for Rogers who had staked a lot on the NFL... which explains Rogers massive overbidding for NHL TV rights. This shut out TSN, who said they didn't want to pay any more than the $40 million they had been paying for the NHL rights.

This also explains the saturation NFL advertising on the Olympic networks, "The NFL Lives Here!" But no mention of the CFL? I guess TSN is now totally committed to the NFL and perhaps believes the CFL doesn't need any promotion?

TSN has used the popularity of the CFL games to promote the NFL on TSN and CTV. They will rarely promote or even mention Sunday CFL games during CFL broadcasts (while FNF and Sat. games are promoted). TSN runs slickly-produced saturation ads for SNF, MNF and CTV NFL Sunday on CFL telecasts, even if they go head-to-head against a CFL Sunday game (which isn't mentioned). The sad part is TSN is the only media friend the CFL has (had?) CTV and Sportsnet seem to hate the CFL while most other networks largely ignore them.
    Maybe if MLSE buys the Argos and with Rogers dumping the NFL, will they become CFL boosters? Yaaaay, Rogers!
    I did not see enough of the Olympics on TSN to have noticed any NFL advertising although it would be a little strange that they would be advertising the NFL when we are much closer to the start of the next CFL season. I can say that I noticed a lot of CFL advertising on all Bell media TV stations last year including CTV, MTV (yes, I must admit that I watch that horrid Teen Mom show because my better half puts it on), Comedy, and Discovery Investigation. I would expect similar levels of advertising at least this year, especially with the greater financial investment that Bell/TSN is making in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post

TSN has used the popularity of the CFL games to promote the NFL on TSN and CTV.
    It may just come down to advertising products that need the help to garner a big audience. Figuring they don't need a ton of advertising to get CFL numbers up as they have settled at a consistently high level.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Given the viewership of a lot of cfl games doubles and even triples the NFL on tsn, They will continue to nurture both products. Having both products on the same network should boost the CFL ratings. Most fans of football will gladly watch both CFL and NFL games, and some of the fair-weather fans that haven't given the clf a chance may actually have it advertised properly to them now. There will most defiantly CFL adds playing during these NFL games, and vise versa, its all good.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Here is an interesting piece in today's Buffalo News which, if true, should make it a bit easier to pull the plug on this series: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/03...-toronto-deal/